Division 3 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 5 : ROAD AMERICA : 19 LAPS : 1/9/18
    WET TO DRY RACE

- Qual Time - @ 3pm - (1 weather slot - RAIN)
    - Race Time - @ 4pm - (Rain-Fog / Fog / Medium Cloud / Light Cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys. Very few incidents and 0 protests which makes everybody's life much easier.

FUEL : At this stage we will run FUEL BURN on REAL. It seems that the patch has fixed the variable amounts that different drivers were getting. The only issue is that the qual amount is only for about 8 mins of the 10 min qual session.....Will test tonight again, and confirm before race night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 3 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    A reminder though to
    make sure you clear all your replays so you have room to save the race. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. The first lap will be really tough with the rain mist, so you all know the drill !

TRACK LIMITS : A bit of debate after last round.....will try to be brief here....
    Track limits are defined by Ripple strips and white lines. If you run outside these limits to GAIN ADVANTAGE, we will look at it and there is a very good chance you will be penalised post race. there are some spots here where track limits can be abused....Turns 1 and 3 on the outside.....Turn 5 on the outside, Turn 8 on the exit, and turns 12 and 13 on the outside of both. Given the concrete runs more than a car width wide of the ripple strip, you will be deemed to have gained an advantage if you run wide continually.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, and the end of the back straight.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, tyres of choice and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 20 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 15 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PIT STRAT SET TO TAKE ON SLICK TYRES TO REPLACE THE WETS ! Its up to you when you change them, but remember the track does hold a few puddles after the rain stops.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Road America is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.
    PIT EXIT : When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Anthonyb and Ant_427 like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@dj2ca any results for sugo or are you waiting on something? :confused:
  3. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    What lap does the rain stop?
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @rossi0nsx what happened to you last round mate?
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I believe Rossi has intentions of running in GTS this week...
  6. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    From looking at my replay he was punted off the road about 5 seconds into the race
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  7. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Just got sick of spinning and retired. And yes I'll be running in GT sport this weekend if there's a spot available
  8. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    about lap 6 but shouldn't need to change tyres
  9. Anthonyb

Boooo
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I assume this is tongue in cheek.... but still I would like to point out that if anyone feels that they are not enjoying pcars2 or gt sport, they can feel welcome to jump over and try out the other game to see if they enjoy it more.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Just disappointed enjoy racing with Rossi
  12. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  13. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I enjoy racing with you to mate just not liking this car, thought instead of throwing in the towel for the rest of the season, i might go to thr dark side and give that a go;)
    Anthonyb and emmo46 like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Thanks dj nice and close at the top
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Dark side hahaha. But we have candy given out free from the back of a combi.
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nah more like this
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  18. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race all, I think I speak for most without causing offence it was a rather scrappy race from my observations,

Early days, but after tinkering with my ffb as I've never been happy with it tbh although just quietly today was the first time I actually felt connected to the track and as a result saved quite a few slides that I'm sure I woulda ended up in the wall had I run the same setup last week. Then I span out consistently as I started worrying about the podium more than anything else cause I was like omfg I'm 2nd! This never happens! and was inconsistent from about lap 12 onwards lol typical me was a nailbiter of a finish though I just kept saying to myself hold it together and just drive without aiming to be quick for 2 laps with famila gaining rapidly.

Must say though

The practice run we had when the track turned dry screwed my momentum heading into the race though as I was running 1:28s went to pits got a feed came back and did 5 or so laps on dry and was wondering why it felt soo different (settings were different?) and as a result lost my brake markers that got me that quick in the first place. Anyways come race time while I was at a comfortable pace I was not quite as quick as I was previously, the race it self was great some puddles were in places they never were in other lobbies and I'm sure that affected us all it was great having that extra randomness thrown into it.

Well done Ant your a legend mate there was no catching you although it was fun with the gains and losses we had on each other early on xD
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Ant_427, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Found the practice room and qualifying slippery again a thought no here we go. Didn't get a great qually lap in but was good enough for second.
    Lined up on the grid lights went red grabbed first gear foot on brake not clutch car jumps forward and stalls. Hit the go pedal again still in gear thing refires and starts spinning the rears lights go green and away we go somehow without a penalty. Head down the long straight thinking time to settle into a rhythm behind glenn then all of a sudden his car snaps left onto the grass and back onto the track as I sneek past. The rest of the field wasn't so lucky and all I see is cars flying into the air behind me.
    Waited to see if restart was called but nothing so head down. Kanye kept me honest for quite a while with gap floating between 1.5 to 3.5 sec then as the track started to dry I slowly started to pull away as well I think he maid some small mistakes.
    I pitted at the end of lap 15 then couldn't get back into a rythem ran wide on several conrners on the next few laps so I gave myself a stern talking too and set the fastest lap on the final lap.
    The grip level was better in the race
    Well done glenn on second and Kanye on rounding out the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant