GT Sport Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 5 : Suzuka Circuit - 44 laps - 05:00 Sunny - Endurance Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with turns 8, 16 & 17

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  2. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Cheers. Hey fellas keen to jump in this weekend if there's a spot available. Bit over driving the mustang in pcars2 since it has little to no grip.

@Bluemoon I'll send you a friend request sometime today.
    Bluemoon and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol hopefully the gt sport mustang is more your cup of tea
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  5. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Thanks for the race guys. Not sure what I did wrong in quali, can someone fill me in please.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    season regs are qually must be on RM or RH... what you qually on you must start on and then you may go to RS if you wish
  8. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Ok thanks @VARDZ I'll remember that, I'll most probably be away next weekend but I'll definitely be in for Bathurst.
    VARDZ likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole and FL to xlxy90
  10. Jerry

Jerry Rookie

PSN ID
    OhItsMeJerry
    @VARDZ Sorry for brake checking you before the spoon curve on lap 38 mate. The pass I made on you just past the hairpin wasn't super clean so i thought I'd give you the position back but looking back I probably chose the literal worst spot to do it (chalk it up to my inexperience, I thought I took a wide enough line for you to cut into the corner, my bad). Thanks for letting me back on track with the lead but I gave it back after I realized what I had done.
  11. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    @emmo46 Apologies for the bump at the hairpin mate, rookie mistake :( well raced!
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries, I copped a few others too but they were all redressed. :thumbsup: I had a torrid first lap getting jostled back from 5th on the grid to 9th at the end of lap one. When the guy ahead is slow it leaves you open for people behind sticking their nose in and pushing past.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well aint i a total goose.

Lap 7, i was fiddling with my fuel mix, and i accidentaly hit the PS button, so back to the home screen i went. All panic broke out and I managed to get back in game, but being in a fluster I stuffed up and instead of just hitting "x" to continue on, I moved across to Exit (you know as in like, exit this menu) and hit the button. I immediately regretted that mistake!! Going by the race results, I reckon I would have be on for a top 6 or 7 if I had been consistent, which would have been great given my lack of practice last week.

Oh well.

It's 50/50 at this stage whether I will make Round 6 as I have to be up super early the next morning to fly away and I definately wont be here for the last round.
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Thanks to @Captain_Risky_21 for giving me some good tips for this track on how to save fuel and how to be quick. It really paid off.

I was a bit nervous about that race after swapping in the Gteye brake spring and swapping my throttle with the old clutch spring. It showed with my practice laps yesterday afternoon. Got a groove cut in by quali and nailed my first pole position! After the get away o knew saving fuel in the first stint was going to be important to help open up my strategy later in the race. Pitting at the end of lap 17 for the first lot of softs then again on lap 31/32. Only made two mistakes. One was leaving my fuel on mix 3 for a lap and letting @arakasi- catch up a bit too close for comfort and then missing the second degner after touching a wheel on the AstroTurf under braking and shooting off on the inside. In the end I managed my race and came out with the win which was a huge relief after throwing it away last week.

Also thanks to @Ozglenn and @pat65 for egging me on to get the fastest lap at the end. I had a massive squirm out of the hairpin right as you told me to chase it.
  15. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    haha yeah i watched the replay of your first couple of laps and it was terrible :p but you made it up on the pit stop strategy.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Great race last night guys, enjoyed my battle with Moon practically the whole race.
    I could feel Moon planning the last lap setting up to get the run on me out of spoon, where he was quicker than me all night, but unfortunately for him he got wide in the esses, which let me hold onto 2nd.
    Was going to be extremely close at the line, as I had zero consistency on the softs. Bad luck Moon, you had me working hard to hang on.
    Congrats on your Maiden ROOZ Win. Well done.
    Bluemoon, deedz_aus and emmo46 like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations @xlxy90 on your first win, also well done to @arakasi- and @Bluemoon for the podiums. I was hoping to mix it with you guys but a rough opening session saw me shuffled down the pack. Once I got myself clear I could see I was holding pace with you two but it was too late and I was too far back to do anything. I enjoyed the race though as my alternate strategy had me catching the same guys over and over again after my pit stops. I had decided to give the two stopper a miss and went for a three as I thought that was what everyone else would do. I was wrong.
    Looking forward to next week.
    Russell, deedz_aus and arakasi- like this.
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Was great to watch, i was glued to the screen for the last 10 laps!
    AroGantz, arakasi- and Bluemoon like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You use my strategy and win, where i use my strategy and come 5th. :(
    xlxy90 and Tristan Jones like this.
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I did 4 stops lol
    emmo46 likes this.