GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Suzuka is a great track, you just have to learn to fear and respect the right bits of it and you'll have a fun time. Pretty much any exit curb is death just don't even go there.
    Started late on practice and had a weird FFB glitch so did like 5 laps of running after a reset before jumping in the room to do another 5 before qual. Felt ok with 2:07.4 then saw @TheStig13 run a 2:06.8 and realised I might be in trouble.
    Banker 2:07.5 on lap 1 in qual, binned it on lap 2, binned it again lap 3 and then got one to stick to just nick a 2:06.9 on the last lap to take pole by 0.07.
    Last time I was here was for a Time trial in the 650S Gr.4 so I knew roughly what I wanted to do around here, just had to adjust for the understeer, so started clicking into place the more laps I ran.
    Got away at the start as thestig was set upon by the pack to give me breathing room, started to dial in with a 2:06.7 in the first stint, couple of moments and errors kept the pack close, thestig started making ground then I just missed exit of spoon and the 2 second lead became a 2 second deficit. Gently closed back up and got on the bumper of thestig before pitting early on lap 14 for an undercut, expected it to be enough but got given 3 laps to come out comfy ahead.
    Car clicked better on softs as the grip level felt closer to the tuned 650S so rhythm felt much stronger early, 2:05.8 with splits for 2:05.5 was ok, ran a decent stint but again at the end of the run thestig was just inching back in causing me concern for the final laps.
    Stopped at the end of 29 for another tank of fuel and some new softs, 15 laps was about all I could do so didn't really have much flexibility, next lap stig pitted and came out 5 seconds ahead. Now this concerned me as this seemed highly unusual and wasn't sure if I'd missed something. 2 minutes later all was revealed as he was forced to pit again, robbing us of a good time attack duel. Couple of meh laps before sinking 2:05.338 felt really nice, then got a bit sloppy making a few too many errors with slides, dropped wheels and just general not-how-you-win-a-race driving, but with thestig running an extra stop it was pretty safe back to team mate Bryan. Nice 1-2 for us this week after both managing to not finish on the podium last week when we really should/could have.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Went in not sure with pace relative to anyone but did well to qualify 4th.
    Start was ok and the top 4 slotted in together and laps started ticking.
    I don't remember how I ended up in front of @Captain_Risky_21 later and I pitted on lap 13 after seeing @Bryan_F go in on 12.
    As he planned, he undercut a bunch of us and I set after him and passed him.
    By the time lap 28 rolled around he was still on me and we pit. However little did I know he had been conserving more fuel and jumped me in the stop with less fuel to load.
    I was content to stay behind but realised too late he was probably running fuel map 2 in the first lot of esses so he saved more fuel and I couldn't pass anyway.
    Had a messy moment where bryan moved back across from a defensive line just before braking for T1 and I bumped him wide, but redressed when he rejoined.
    Was lucky for me when @TheStig13 hit the wall under the bridge and I nabbed my first ever division 1 podium!
    Pubs16, Russell, REVO_Bryan and 4 others like this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Boy, did I have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at you to stay ahead. Undercut? Didn't work. Under-fuelling didn't seal the deal either. It took me deliberately backing you into @TheStig13 to hold onto second (no fuel map 2 involved). :sneaky:

When I found out I had the chance to jump you at the second stop, things got really tense because I knew I had to time the fuel absolutely perfectly.

All-in-all, a great race of strategy and conservation.
    StigsTC and Russell like this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 5 Results
    Qualifying

[​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap Times
    [​IMG]

BMW 2:07.859
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Had nowhere to go on the outside of stig13 at Spoon, left you a very wide open gap to follow.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Sounds like i missed what probably would of been my best round. Stupid holiday...
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when you backed me into thestig I was privately fuming lol as I was happy to bump you on the straights to make the gap!!
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Got my best result of the season. But another very poor effort from me. It has been by far my worst season since starting rooz. I got given a out from Hatfield before the season started to go to div2, but I decided to stay. (Genius lol). Div2 still would of smashed me. Anyways I will be there for the last 2 rounds to stink it up. Then I'm out of your guys hair. Straight back to div2 /3/4.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Very unlucky. You were flying!
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    GT-71CKL likes this.
  11. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Looks like there wont be any room for me next season ;)
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'm sure someone will move down to fit you in
    xlxy90 and CAB77 like this.
  13. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    Awesome, thanks!
  14. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'm out for the rest of the season if he wants my spot. :thumbsup:
  15. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Why?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I am thinking/hoping you and me will swap.
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Take me with you? ;)
  18. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Trade spots every season? ;)
  19. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I've got a young family that I've been neglecting to drive around in circles in a car I don't like, in a league I've achieved everything I wanted to in the first 3 races. Zero motivation to participate. :thumbsup:
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 6 : Brands Hatch GP - 31 laps - 20:30 Sunny

[​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with turns Graham Hill, Westfield, & Sheene's

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is different here as there is an S bend on entry that you need to slow down for. I advise you practice so as not to be driven straight through.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !