GT Sport Season 2 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm. Meant to post this in div 3 thread, I hope I don't cop a thread limit violation.
    Luke, Dosy and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Bluemoon is one of my fav wheat beers after the German stuff. Make sure it was the stuff brewed in the States and not over here as that stuff is junk compared - although you still kop to the imported beer cost :/
    Luke, emmo46 and incey like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Oh goody, a threesome. :)
  4. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    So I finally remembered to hit share on this pic I took - hoping the worn RM would brake from 237kmh!!

[​IMG]
    Luke, Dosy and Matthyus like this.
  5. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Ugh..the redness hurts my eyes..
    Luke and Tristan Jones like this.
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Surprised you managed to stay on the track with that...
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Still no word from Angry on if he is racing or ok with the changes to this race. I've done 2 separate psn msgs including 1 while he was online.
    Thoughts?
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Like hatfield said if he fails to respond/doesnt check forum its his fault as its his responsibility to make sure he is up to date on whats happening
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think the time change has been sufficiently advertised.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Timings
    [​IMG]
    Angry - DSC - 2.10.739
    Tristan Jones, Luke and Kieran_B33 like this.
  12. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Well done Luke, Johnno & JCP.

Great lap too Ant :cool:
    Jcp, Matthyus, Dosy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    @skintsaint, you missed a great 1hour 40 odd minutes of great racing by your Div 4 colleagues (tougue in cheek). Personally I did about 10 good laps at start of the race and about 9 excellent laps at end, those 25 in the middle were crap. I took @incey out on lap 11 being over optimistic. I felt bad and was castigating myself as I stuffed both of us up. We were all over @Johnnoclint. @Doltron was gone and pretty well smashed us by then (more than 10sec up the road). I fell back through the field after waiting for @incey. My strategy was 12RM 11RS, 11RS, 10RS. Almost got @fezza at end, he must have had issues as I closed up 6 seconds on the last two laps “cough you bastard” to get within 0.3 on the finish line. I also swapped paint with @AroGantz and @X_Gregory33_X. @Dosy and I swapped positions numerous times through the middle laps mainly due to errors. Congrats to all. Sorry to those I hit particularly @incey. Thanks to @Johnnoclint for hosting. See you all at Brands (blah!).
    Dosy, Luke, skintsaint and 3 others like this.
  14. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Good race and congratulations all!

I hit my expected Q time of 2:10.5, and qualified 7th - making me aware of the pace that was in store for the race. I had done 2 full length practise sessions early in the week, but didn't do any late week practise, and very little in the lobbies with other racers, so I was wondering how my time would sit against others.

Race started well, tried to keep up, but harder than I thought to get full pace around other racers. I had a few minor offs pushing too hard and let people through.

I had planned to pit 14-10-10-10, 12-11-11-10 or some mix, depending on position. Far removed from the 15-15-14 I started out trying for! Turned out I was just behind Fezza at lap 13, so I pitted at 13 to get a bit of undercut. I did catch up a few seconds but didn't overtake. It was very interesting seeing everyone pitting at different times, and trying to work out real position - it really is better to leave it alone and just race, I just can't help myself.

I had a close run with @Jcp and @fezza for a while, then a tussle with Fezza ended up with me off the track. Somehow this only lost me 6 seconds, but then I lost (only) another 3 hitting the inside of the last corner before the back straight - I never do that!

I followed Fezza at almost 10 seconds behind for a while, then something happened and he slowed for some corners, and I caught right up again. I was starting to wonder whether I should undercut again, then he went off after degnar and I passed him. I pitted at the end of that lap, so he got back in front.

I had a small off in the s corners and @Antmeg26 caught me - I tried sticking left when reentering, and he over took on the right, but he put a wheel on the grass and spun. I didn't feel a tap so didn't think I needed to redress - after watching the replay it seems like it was just as I thought. What do you think Ant? Replay is in above video. couple minutes in.

Towards the end, after my last pit, Fezza was still ahead - and I was begging belief as to how he is keeping up this time with tyres that old - and that he has to be pitting soon. Was your last stint RM or RS Fezza?? With 6? laps to go, I <thought> I saw the pit sign against Fezzas name, then before I was at the end of pit straight he was ahead of me! I thought well done, he has done me on strategy - no way I can beat him if he has fresh tyres, how did he make that work?! Spent a lap wondering, then saw him really pit this time...and sped past the end of pit lane to take 5th, and to see him come out 3 seconds or so behind me. At this stage, incey was 4th and 10 seconds ahead of me. Expecting incey to have good pace on me, I worked on growing the gap back to Fezza, while maintaining my tyres that were going to wear much more than his by the end of the race. As the gap behind grew, I saw Incey crash at the last corner chicane, and I gained a few seconds. These last few laps are the last half of the video above, white knuckle racing! I saw that I seemed faster than Incey on the first corner, and the left hand hairpin. I got to within 0.4 of him on the last lap, but couldn't find pace to get past cleanly - and didn't want to upset his time that I figured had already been slower than his usual - given that I caught up to him!!

I was slow on the corner before the back straight - it gave me lots of grief, especially seeing hard earned time disappear - though the last 4 laps I did start to understand what this corner needed in this car. I have done a lot of laps on Suzuka in previous GT, previously had a problem with S's but not this corner - this game just keeps getting better and better, especially having discovered ROOZ!!

Congratulations again to the podium & especially incey for holding up under what I hope was a bit of pressure i gave you ;) Though I reckon i deserve a bit too, for swerving right and not taking us both out when you braked earlier than usual to the big hairpin!
    Luke, JonoStan96, skintsaint and 2 others like this.
  15. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Looks identical to the tangle between myself and @Hatfield at Kyoto that ultimately cost me a 10sec penalty... or is this a "racing incident"? :whistling::whistling::whistling:
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Different track, different corner. Going side-by-side into Degner is almost always going to end in tears.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I haven't received a protest for this so at this stage it is what it is.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Going side-by-side into the last chicane at Kyoto is always going to end in tears as well. But some people still tried it. o_O
  19. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    @Jonesy82360 i forgot about that. Sorry you cannot take any credit for my 360 and continuing on. I am pretty proud of that one. lol

Edit: Reference 1 minute 50 sec in @Jonesy82360 video above
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Dosy and Tristan Jones like this.
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Qualified 11th out of 12 but was on RH which kinda was to be expected.
    The 2 stop didnt really work out in the end. Started on hards went 16 laps on mix 3 some mix 4 pitted for RS went 16 laps again with mix 3 but using mix 5 in the first 2 sectors on a few laps did my last stint on the RS with mix 1... Set the 5th fastest lap of the session which i was impressed with considering it was my only stint to set a FL i'm guessing others had multiple?? Anyway my pace seemed to match everyone in front of me, lots of offs put me much further back then I could of been but ultimately the strategy just didn't work.
    Well done podium @Luke @Matthyus @Jcp
    See you all at Brands hatch
    Luke, Matthyus and skintsaint like this.