Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Missed out on being able to race again thanks to being sick. Was severely lacking pace in practice despite picking up some 8 seconds per lap from learning the track. Going to give the next round a miss so I have more time to get up to speed for Monza and hopefully be semi competitive. This car, even though hugely fast and fun has really revealed just how much I need to improve to have a chance.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

ok tested and now sorted... for me... plz confirm! :)
  3. Jase

Jase New Recruit

Yes it works now Thanks
    Rolz likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have just gone to get the track and it says it will be 1hr 45 minutes before its finished so I would suggest everyone to make sure they get the track well before the race night. Maybe someone with a quick upload connection can also post it elsewhere like mega as RD is fairly hit and miss with download speeds for me. Most of the time its quite good but sometimes like this it just takes forever. :mad:
  5. Rolz

I've created a dropbox share https://www.dropbox.com/s/mozbxuoi7hfg20d/T78_Hockenheimring_AC_v12.zip?dl=0
    hope it's faster
    Anon666, krunch and marty like this.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well I let that one slip. A decent PB in qual put me in 5th and I navigated the opening few corners with only a small bit of contact. After just missing being involved in the back chicane fracas I was sitting pretty in 4th and with a sniff at 3rd if things panned out - but I blew it. I was trying to push Godzilla and seeing as I had equal pace to him and my tyres had held out well during the stint, one more lap on low fuel would have netted me a chance to get closer. But it wasn't to be as I ran out just as I crossed the pit entry line. 1 more teaspoon would have been enough! But the fact is for once I wasn't playing it safe. I had pace and confidence in the car and I was going for the podium, not just settling for 4th. Ah well you gotta have a crack sometimes :). I'm not too cut up about it. I was annoyed with myself at first but I just set off and enjoyed the rest of the race, and now I'll move on to next week. It wasn't all bad as I did take away the coveted bonus point for most consistent - yay! :)

Grats to Shaun, Marty and Godzilla on the podium.
    Anon666, jlynn777, Parkour and 3 others like this.
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Alas, will run out of time to practice / compete for Hockenheim, so I'm out for the rest of the season. Thanks to everyone for the racing this season and I'll be back for the next one.
  8. Rolz

thats a shame mate... I was hoping for another good battled!!
    cya next season :thumbsup:
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  10. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Finally got a moment to put a good 2 hours into this car over the weekend. I'm no means a master at setups, but the following is a very easy way to increase top speed on the long straight without affecting the handling of the car. You will increase max speed reached on the long straight from 313 to 322.

Changes i made:
    - Dropped front aero by 20 to 18 clicks
    - Dropped rear aero from 28 to 20
    - Increase final gear ratio by 1 click

In a race, i'd potentially increase final gear ratio another click to account for the extra speed you can achieve in a draft.
    Even with the massively reduced rear aero, I still find the front brake bias far too much. Moved this from 55% to 51% and only when I'm careless does the rear spin out when braking too hard. I think the default of 55% is far too much in this car..

What are people doing with Tire pressures? I ran out of time and didn't have a chance to do anything except test the default of 10PSI and an extreme of 28PSI.

What times are people running? I had a PB of 1:16:2 and consistent with 1:17:x's. I'm assuming the very strong drivers are in the 1:13's or 1:14's?
  11. Rolz

12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

From some practice races the last few days main issue Im seeing is at the hairpin, for regular speed you need the full road from outside to apex to outside. This means anyone making a pass inside will need to slow much more to leave room for a car outside if they are still there on exit. Running them off the road or causing a collision is far from ideal and doing late dive bombs at any opportunity ruining someones race isnt good. Some patience and care is needed to make clean moves so hopefully people will be better in the race then have been mostpy in practice. If your inside and full lock will run the other car off track or cause a collision you really should back off and if you do cause the collision or make a pass running them off track, a redress should be made I think.

Also I think if your racing someone and go way wide at t1 then continuing on with a move into t2 is not exactly fair, if both cars go off then fair game I think but using the extra tarmac to gain an advantage should be avoided.
    krunch, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  13. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

This will be really a gentlemans agreement, two inside wheels must be on the track at all times through t1?
    Rolz likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My understanding is that at ROOZ the track limits include curb but pretty much anything thats a valid lap in qualy would be considered inside track limits. Also its not usually 2 wheels but 1 should be inside the track as that allows for the same line if the rear is sliding. ;)

A quick google and I found this relating to the last f1 race at Hockenheim. https://thejudge13.com/2016/07/30/fia-change-track-limit-rule-again/

FIA change track limit rule… Again
    July 30, 2016 · by Pagie · in Breaking News. ·
    [​IMG]
    The FIA have performed another dramatic U-turn this weekend, as track limits for turn one at Hockenheim get changed once again.

Drivers and their teams were critical of the track limit rule applied during Friday’s two practice sessions.

After Thursday’s strategy group meeting, discussions took place to abolish the track limit rule altogether, in the hope that racing may be more spectacular. Charlie whiting however saw this differently, and ruled such a move as impractical.

Race director Whiting was of the opinion that if there are no track limits, the drivers would consistently run wide everywhere. Striving to better their lap time by exceeding track limits would result in a different track.

Charlie then got tough with turn one, as drivers continued to push the limits there. With the use of an electric sensor (the same sensor that was used in Budapest), drivers wee issued a “three strikes and you’re out” warning over the track limits there.

The FIA’s decision prompted some questions from the strategy group members who later went to vent their frustrations with none other than Bernie Ecclestone. The strategy group asked “why have our thoughts on track limits been ignored?”

Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene had said: “We discussed [in the Strategy Group] that we will try to have a ‘wild’ weekend because this track has adequate run off areas.

“But then they ended up recording everyone who went over the white lines as if we hadn’t agreed anything yesterday. So we have gone to Bernie.”

The matter was brought up again during the drivers briefing on Friday night, resulting in the FIA moving the “control area” wider of the track at turn one.

The drivers can now use the full width of the kerb, rather than being forced to keep two wheels on the inside of the tracks white line.

In a memo sent to all the teams on Saturday morning, Charlie Whiting said: “Based upon our observations of the way in which the new kerb on the exit of Turn 12 is used, and the comments made in the meeting yesterday evening, we feel that the usable track limit at Turn 1 should be the outer edge of the kerb, i.e. the edge furthest from the track.

“The performance of any driver going beyond this point, with any part of the car, will be examined in order to establish whether or not an advantage was gained by exceeding this limit.”

Hopefully we can move on from this to enjoy an action packed qualifying session.
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I believe the curb should be usable as it is part of the track and also one wheel only on track is fine. I think it’s prety obvious if you abuse it, you will essentially have to rejoin the track further down past the outside curb and that will be unsafe
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  17. Rolz

it's a shame that pole after T1 isn't solid... that would sort the issue straight away, unless you take it stupidly wide :p
  18. squid

squid Rookie

Some of the bumps outside the track make it so you have 0 wheels on anything, they should just put more of those in
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having a discussion about racing in PM with @Parkour apparently I am at fault here. Id say its a desperate dive bomb after being passed clean on the straight. I turn in see the dive coming so straighten up to avoid contact, even run off track yet he still makes contact leaving no room at all on exit.

Had I just turned in normally it would have been a collision at the apex which probably would have been my fault too. o_O
  20. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The issue discussed was moving in the braking zone into the path of another car, which increases the likelyhood of someone committed to the inside, then having to try and avoid having a now unavoidable collision. When you're already on the edge of adhesion, having to steer only decreases the available grip, therefore making your braking less effective.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018