GT Sport Season 2 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RETRO ROUND RULES

Just a quick one to explain my vision for the retro round.

Design a retro livery which suits the colour scheme of your team and utilise the team sponsors in place of those that were on the livery you are taking inspiration from.
    Eg, when 888 vodafone ran the retro marlboro livery and had the word vodafone instead of marlboro

My idea was to replicate the gone in 60 secs Eleanor scheme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Is it compulsory to participate in this redesigning of your car?
    If you say no.
    Then why use the word “rules”?
    “Guidelines” would’ve been better.

Retro -
    Latin meaning “backward”
    Who or what is backwards now:roflmao::whistling::sneaky:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry, it is not compulsory

I just wanted to use alliteration...
    Tristan Jones and NAACS like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Willow Springs International Raceway - 36 laps - 17:30 Fine - Retro Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    Big Willow is going to be an exercise in patience if there is any contact resulting in a driver going off track. When you are at fault, you should wait for the other driver to:
    -stop sliding through the dirt
    -get back onto the track
    -get back up to speed
    Be especially careful in braking zones and during side by side racing

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : I'm excited to see everyone's team livery ideas and also those of the privateers!
  5. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I think I'm going to be faster in the Raptor this weekend. At least I should be able to fit a winch to that to help pull me out of the dirt.
    KeedenMcdonald and Ozglenn like this.
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Hi all
    Can anyone host tonight? My internet a bit flakey
    Appreciated
  7. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Well that was as good of a result I could of hoped for. Qualified 2nd with 1 of my fastest laps on Mediums this week. Managed to stay with @Noremac for the first few laps. I had no intention of passing you Norm I just wanted to get away from the pack behind me. That worked a treat as that pack started batiling and slowing each other down. Norm crept away from me which I expected. I went in for new softs at the end of lap 19. Came out with @NAACS close behind me. Managed the gap until the last few laps. I went defensive in to the last corner on the 2nd last lap. Only for him to run out of fuel on the last :).

Well done to Norm just to fast for me. Thanks to all for a good race. Scariest moment was when I lapped @Buster_Danis he was very laggy as I approached but he gave me the corner so thank you very much for that.
    spleece likes this.
  8. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    spleece likes this.
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Came into this week with only one goal in mind to keep it on the track for 36 laps so thats what i practiced but it seemed i had fast pace in doing so. By the time i got off work last night i had done a 50 hour week and had a late Sunday which isnt normal and was starting to regret making myself joker. Once i got home pumped myself with food and coffee to get concentration levels up.
    The Race started a little shaky for me had pole but missed a few apexes and had @CAB77 hot on my heels. i honestly thought you were going to try make a move. We gaped the battling mid pack. CAB stuck on my tail till lap 7-8 then i slowly started to creep away as i broke the tow. Then it was eye forward (yes eye) and keep it on the track had a scary moment out of turn 1 on lap 26 that sent the heart rate through the roof. Got home by 11 seconds and super happy with a Pole/win.

Well done to everyone on a hard race around an unforgiving track Cya next week
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Jcp, holdenman05, skintsaint and 4 others like this.
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    The night started :):):):)ty when I didn't catch the room reset and lost 4 or 5 mins of quali but managed 6th on the grid, had a good 1st half of race but clicked on a second set of mediums instead of softs, I just managed my way to the finish line and tryed to keep my mind off grassie inching closer and closer and hoping the two or 4 in front had underfilled on fuel, bad luck @NAACS , hoping it was Gona be the other 3 lol4th was a good consolation for backing off and keeping it clean, even got the clean race bonus, bring on the enduro
    grassies likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 5 : Suzuka Circuit - 44 laps - 05:00 Sunny - Endurance Round

[​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with turns 8, 16 & 17

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY START TYRE : You MUST start on RH or RM tyres. But may pit to change to a maximum compound of RS during the race.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry is pretty straight forward. Don't worry about entry speed, just get in there.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Randm90 likes this.
  12. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Will be there this week, will shamelessly admit I just didn't race because I cannot stand Willow Springs... :rolleyes:
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    different excuse, another day ;)
  14. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    :whistling::whistling::D
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
  17. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    This might make some people happy... I won't be at brands hatch this weekend as I'm going out of town to pick up my new ute. Will still be joining practice rooms this week.
    CAB77 likes this.
  18. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Such a gentleman letting someone else win lol.
    Noremac likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You will need just a 4th place finish at Bathurst then to take the crown.
  20. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Thanks @emmo46 I had some hope there for 1or two seconds lol
    CAB77 likes this.