Thrustmaster About to blow up

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by PaulCox, Mar 3, 2018.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    And the brand new one has the same problems :(................no replacement this time..money back n done with it as its a 2week turn around with postage..:):):):)in wasting my time
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry to hear about your problems with this Coxy.

Just a quick question for interest sake. When you shut down, do you power off the PS4 or leave it in rest mode? I always put mine in rest mode and the fan runs for a long time until the wheel is cool enough. If I power down the PS4, the cooling fan switches off immediately.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    When my wheel base disconnects the light goes out and shuts down completely ( no power, no lights , no fans, no nothing ) while the ps4 is still on.Doesnt matter how many times i turn on and off the playstation the wheel doesnt start backup untill it seems cooler to the touch.

Usually after playing ill shut down the ps4 and the wheel turns off with it straight away...but this shouldnt matter because it doesnt usually get touched untill the next day anyway.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I suspect this may be the issue (I am no expert though). I believe that the fan should stay running until the wheel itself is cool enough. By having the fan turn off immediately after using it, components that are still hot are no longer getting cooled, and this may be causing the damage. I always put my PS4 in to rest mode, which allows the fan to keep running until no longer required. Have never had any issues with it since doing this.
    skintsaint and PaulCox like this.
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    sounds like a good theory mate...if this is the case tho i still want a new wheel as if thats how damage is occurring then the parts there using are no good at all....if i need a turbo timer for my wheel to cool down then they should come with one.
    SUBGTRACER, deedz_aus and KoAStR like this.
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hi Paul,

I have spoken to my manager who said we can refund you for the 2 faulty wheels however as the cockpits are not faulty we can not accept the return on them or issue a refund on them as there is nothing wrong with them.

Once that wheel you have is received we will process the refund for the 2 wheels.

If you have any further queries we are happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,
    Logan

Now thats not cool because i bought them in a package deal...what am i supposed to do with 2 empty cockpits guys..........Dept of Fair trading can sort this out now.... over it
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    While I understand your frustration and you shouldn't have to deal with faulty wheels in the first place this actually sounds fair and reasonable to me.

It is the manufacturer that warranties the items. Pagnian as a retailer just facilitate the warranty transaction. The cockpit manufacturer is NLR and wheel manufacturer is Thrustmaster and so they are the only entity engaged for a warranty claim here.

Also you would have got the cockpits at a discount compared to single sale RRP in the bundle so you should be left with a residual saving there and can still use the GT Ultimate cockpits with a range of other hardware like the Fanatec gear advertised by mtbmuz you expressed interest in.
    skintsaint likes this.
  8. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    I want to know about the blow up Coxy ? Where are you at with all of this
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    well do u wana buy my 2 cockpits mate because i cant affod to upgrade....
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    and doesnt really matter anyways as the dept of fair trading already agrees with me but long process
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Paul just trying to help you out with a positive approach here.
    There are cheaper options available than upgrading to Fanatec gear.

What about a Logitech G29?
    https://www.computeralliance.com.au...MI07OQ1Kz82QIViQ0qCh348g9rEAQYASABEgK5cvD_BwE

There's a few G27's on gumtree less than $200. Some new in box.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-video-games-consoles/logitech g27/k0c18459?sort=rank
    Or perhaps consider some of the other Thrustmaster wheels?
    https://www.scorptec.com.au/product...MIic35gKz82QIV0wcqCh3HMwMIEAQYASABEgLgX_D_BwE
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    If you buy a computer from Harvey Norman and it comes with a monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers and a tower....then the tower breaks 4 times...after 4 times you have had enough and want to buy something completely different so you ask for a refund...but then Harvey Norman says ok..just for the tower tho..ur now stuck with the monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers....is that fair......same bloody thing here
  13. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Depends - I'd prob just use the money to buy another tower and use those parts with that anyway as I need a PC.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just buy the Logitech 29, Trustmastsrs seem like temperament waste everyone I’ve basically seen with one has the first 3 explode, that’s wrong having to let it cool down like a Turbo car, I’ve trashed both Logitech’s I’ve owned (27&29) drifting and doing endurance racing.

Would have like 250,000km combined between both wheels and never had a drama with the products themselves,
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Settled down abit, n tried to meet half way....but no go...wont even take back the shifters i bought with the wheel.

last email to them from me....i dont think this is unfair.

So im not going thrustmaster anymore because you cannot give me a wheel that wont break down without paying more money and upgrading it to a newer version. So i have decided to go another brand. After 30 odd emails without an apology, offer of compensation for multiple returns or really any help untill i bring up ROOZ and the forums u wont even meet me half way.....as for Sharron at Dept of fair trading i sent her your emails and she called me and told me to try settle this myself by meeting half way because meditation is going to take up alot of both or our time, but guess its going to get drawn out.Tthere is nothing at all wrong with the shifters except i bought them to use with a wheel that wont work and you cannot provide, so why is it fair i have to keep that.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    do appreciate your help n sorry for getting cranky, but even if i do buy the g29 what do i do with 2 th8a shifters that cost me half a grand
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    cheers mate, so i got spend another 100 bux plus postage to have em working : yay :)
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    2 playstations 2 drive hubs
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea sorry didn't look at $. Assumed it would be cheap.
    I agree with you though that a return on the shifter seems fair they are pretty much integral system working almost exclusively with TM wheels. Especially if you purchased together as a system for PS4.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018