Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

server is up RaceOnOZ.com Season 14 Race 6 -Hockenheimring (MR-AB+)
  2. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I think once the car on the inside is in front of you, on the inside, its really the end of the corner for you, unless its a never ending corner like Shanghai.

Definately happens a lot in F1 too.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This is actually a separate incident which I will post a video of after the round. This was the race directly after the video I posted so I moved right a bit to make him think twice about the dive bomb. However the dive bomb still came I went deep and got rear ended hard pretty much off track again. :D
  4. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

Interesting that this whole time we've been discussing the 2nd incident, you've chosen to focus on the first - which is something I have already apologised for.
  5. Rolz

6. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks all, I had a ball this race, managed to keep it in the white lines for most of it.
    Next race will be a big one...
    Rolz, c4rLo5 and Mr.McGibblets like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good race, well done Rolz on the win and mesafto for second and holding it together all race. Was hoping for pole and the time certainly was there but just couldn't string it together in quali, this damn flu I got certainly didn't help. Spent all race staring at mesafto's rear wing hoping he makes a mistake which never came, I believe my lap pace was a bit quicker but just no chance to pass with his low aero.

With the marty/Parkour incident , sorry Parkour, you came from well back but out braked yourself a bit there, looks like you were modulating the brake a bit trying to go a little deeper and pinched a rear tyre at the end. In F1 rules that would be "forcing a driver off track", you would have to give that place back.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Congrats to Rolz on the pole and win, mesaflto and Godzilla for the other podium spots.

You did say I moved in the braking zone in both incidents, but said you hadnt seen it so I posted the video. Thats also the reason I moved across to block the idea of the dive bomb after what happened the other incident. It may have been a bit late but I didnt think you would even try another big dive there again. Thats just practice and its good to race people and to see who you can race close and clean and who you cant. The more you practice racing the better you will get but everyone still makes mistakes you just dont want to make them every time that some situation comes up.

Its not really to pick on you and why I never mentioned any names in the first post, it also wasn't just you in the practice server. However you said to see how the others see it, I dont have a replay of the other incident even though I thought I did.

I wonder what happened in the main race lol. Coming into the hairpin on your outside leaving you all the room you need and what happens next? Its only a basic lockup but I didn't move and I also didn't hit you so its a solid hat trick. :D Its all a learning experience as long as people do eventually learn from their errors.
    However I did give Carlos a tap there the next lap :( he was going very slow and wide for some reason not even thinking of a pass till I saw how slow he was, I saw him turn in more then snagged a touch making contact fully my fault in that case.

From that point I knew my race was mostly pushing chit uphill, not a great qualy and even a worse start where I hoped to make spots not lose them in the first stint. The 2 contacts didnt help my already low aero turn too good so it was a struggle. I did make it to 4th. After my stop the car felt much better and I got past Rolz, but made a silly error getting caught up on the inside curb at the hairpin with a half spin which cost me about the time I was off the lead pack at the end. The most frustrating thing was I didn't catch the lead pack until the last few corners and would have needed 5 laps or so to try and get past some of them.
    Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Giving @marty a but of a friendly nudge in practice is everyone’s favourite pastime isn’t it? :)
    Rolz, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looking at the race gaps the 2 stopper was probably the faster option still, I was over 10 seconds down to Rolz by lap 6 and in the end finished 5 seconds behind while still doing an extra stop. Quite a few guys had good pace here I am surprized more didn't take a punt on the 2 stop but you also had to go some low aero to be able to pass cars if needed.

If my calculations are correct then I think @Shaun_A and me should be all tied up going into the final round at Monza. Thats going to be an interesting round too as an Enduro, hopefully we go full distance again as this is the fastest GP of the season anyway. 300km at Monza with fast lap averages around 260kmh it wont take much over an hour for full distance.
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks Godzilla, was a very high pressure race, especially with you pestering me... pretty much the whole race:eek:. I actually was driving a little more on the conservative side(scared), trying to ensure i got good drive out of T2, and didnt want to make any mistakes.
    Godzilla likes this.
  12. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

:roflmao: LOL. All good Marty, the reason is simple... I'm a slow driver :laugh: Also couldn't believe I had somehow gotten into 4th position, after doing zero practice, so the pressure eventually got to me. Hope I didn't cause too much damage.
    marty likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was a fun chase, think it was you I gave a small nudge in the first lap, sorry about that. Trying to stay close was causing all sorts of balance issues, surprisied I didn’t bin it somewhere. Was hoping you may be going a bit longer in the first stint so I could try to jump you in the pit stop but we both pited at the same time.

Monza should be good, hopefully a better enduro for me then the last one
  14. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

Had to skip it, center monitor playing up and occasionally blacking out, safer for all to not race just in case :) Goes to RMA today.
  15. Rolz

Monza is up, it's a lovely September afternoon with light cloud and 22degrees :)
    Bogor likes this.
  16. Brenton Foggo

Brenton Foggo New Recruit

for the 13 or so driver I think I let thru on blue flag... do you prefer on discord assuming your are on discord I let you know bout when to pass e.g. if the straight is the next corner ill move over to side X etc etc... or just keep voice chatter to a minimum and let you guys work it out
  17. Rolz

Thanks for the race last night all!

Getting a win on the reverse grid format has been great, but to get one in the normal race format is extra special! :inlove:
    Finally got a great qual locked in and that really helped here...

nice podiums to Mesafto and Godzilla! Mesafto you were just devouring me on the straight! Easy 0.3 catch up everytime, was just fortunate I usually gained that back on the rest of the course... Was interesting to see the 2 distinct setups (high/low aeros)

Nice work to all backmarkers, you all handled the blue flags really well! Even the people that went off track and were coming back on, you did those really well!
    c4rLo5, marty and jlynn777 like this.
  18. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Yeah I setup the car for that reason, there is only a few passing spots at the hock. On the second stint there was a golden opportunity to setup a pass after T2, but I ran a little wide on apex of T2. After that you managed your pace to stay in front by 1 second so I didn't get a draft. Nice job up the front.
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

For me I don’t mind either way, as long as people who are getting blue flags are aware and let the car behind through when it’s safe then all is fair. Sometimes you catch someone coming in to a sweeper section and there really isn’t anywhere for the blue flagged driver to go safely, I see that as just the way it is and don’t expect the guy in front to jump off track just to let me through. The only issue I can think of with voice chat is it could distract someone else whose pushing hard and racing close.
    jlynn777 and marty like this.
  20. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I think just ease off the throttle (not actively braking) and move off the racing line is easiest for a pass.
    Rolz likes this.