GT Sport Season 2 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Nice video
  2. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

around 3min18s looks like some of my cornering...
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    That race was an embarrassment
    I don't think you could have a worse race even if you tried. Qualified 3rd on a solid lap than everything went wrong. First forgot to turn TC on for the start that dropped me to 6th. Got caught up in mid pack shenanigans which made me lose so much time to the leaders. Then just before the pit stop ran slightly off track at the chase and whilst getting back on track i collected someone (party i think) which spun both of us out and lost me 15 seconds plus. So sorry whoever it was

After that it was a lonely race at the back. And to add insult to injury my season long issue with half throttle came back except my pedals now decided to only give me half brake as well so i was struggling to slow the car down into the corners which eventually led to my retirement. Just because i didn't want to ruin someones race because of my BS. Anyone know how to fix half sticking throttle/brakes some advice would be great before the REC in 2 weeks.

Congrats @KeedenMcdonald on your title you simply smashed it mate and i feel you'll continue to do so for many more seasons to come. It's been a difficult season. The first 2 rounds 14th at Nurburgring and 11th at Monza really put me on the back foot but had some solid results mid season including 2nd in the reverse grid race being my personal highlight. Hope next season can see me more competitive closer to the front of the field and maybe a car that doesn't drive like a boat when untuned :D. See you next season
    Spidey_11 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well that was interesting.

Noticed @Captain_Risky_21 leave the room during qually but later realised he and I simply couldn't see each other.
    Qualified 5th which turned into 6th on the grid as risky was in the spot ahead on the grid.
    This meant my start had open space in front and I went up to 2nd after T1 following @KeedenMcdonald up the mountain.

I had a 3 sec ish gap to @StigsTC until I was disturbed by my child who awoke and I lost 1-2 secs on that lap.
    I held off stigs for a bit and then we pit on lap 8. I was worried as @Bryan_F pitted on 7, but he didn't manage to undercut me this time and I came out without losing any spots to those who had pitted.

So began the drive of a lifetime.

I had to defend against stigs a few times until he made an error which turned into a spin and then I had to wait for @TheStig13 to catch me lol
    Then started the defence against him.

There were some close calls and this allowed risky to pass him and subsequently me since we couldn't see each other.
    Risky got me on the final lap, and stig13 got me at the chase.

I was so close to another podium and a best result of 2nd but another 4th must suffice.

Still happy with my drive
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Wow. I went into that round knowing that I needed a to get 2nd and for @StigsTC to come 4th or lower for me to seal 2nd in the championship. Happy to say that went to plan.

I qualified in 4th, a decent lap but there was definitley more pace available.

Come the race, I notice @Hatfield leaving the room, which moved Stigs up another spot on my screen. Just what i needed. After the arge and barge that was lap 1 i ended up in 5th (6th for everyone else) and set about chasing everyone else. Some clean overtakes later and i notice that Stigs was in 2nd, with me in 3rd. I set about closing the 2 second gap before the pit stops, and on lap 8 i was right on his bumper. He came into pit and i stayed out 1 more lap. This is where i thought i had lost it all.

On the run to the cutting, i somehow managed to catch my car on the gaps in the outside barrier, sending my car into a massive 720. This cost me 8 seconds, and i immidietly lost hope at getting to 2nd. My pitstop put me behind @Bryan_F who lost it at the Cutting a lap later. Now i had to catch @TheStig13 and StigsTC. Slowly but surely i started catching, to the point where i could see them battling for the whole lap. Suddenly the heavens opened and Stigs binned it at the elbow, leaving me 3 seconds behind Stig13. I put my head down and started catching him as well.

Lap 18. I start noticing Stig13 slowing down, so i think that he is fuel saving. This lifts my spirits after the gap was plateuing at about 1.5 seconds. I follow him around for lap 19 and he runs wide through Griffins on lap 20, gifting me the 2nd i needed. It turns out that Hat was defending and had his car on the inside, which is why Stig13 was out that wide. Because me and Hat couldnt see each other, neither of our races were effected by the move. I just held my nerve for the rest of the race and brought it home in 2nd. Turns out i only got past Hat onConrod the last lap.

Thanks to everyone for an awesome season, 2nd in Div 1 after a 4th in Div2 is amazing. Thanks to Stig13, StigsTC, Hat and Bryan for providing some cool championship battles through the season.

And well done @KeedenMcdonald, too fast mate. Nice burnout too.
    razor4797, Pubs16, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 7 Results
    Qualifying

[​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]

Motors DNF
    Lap Times
    [​IMG]

Motors 2:10.317
  7. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    That moment when everyone had pitted for softs except for @KeedenMcdonald, yet nobody could match his lap record on meds...:alien: much?
  8. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Yes, I was going so fast down the hill I spent most time on 2 wheels

@Captain_Risky_21 it was a great burnout lol

@Motors560 that sucks mate hopefully you get them pedals fix before next season :) also thanks mate
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I said to Bryan that after round 1 I wasn't having fun and didn't want to continue, but stayed on the season because he'd picked me up for the team championship and he's been one of the nicest guys on the forum so I sought to repay his kindness. That was, without a doubt, the single least enjoyable season I've had here, and I'm glad its over so I don't have to ruin my Sunday night any more.
    I had hardware failures, software glitches, got lagged off the road, been run off the road, made a metric tonne of driver errors and mounted more recovery missions than Bondi Rescue, yet after all that nonsense, apparently I was in a championship battle that was able to be decided by my contender being able to phase through an opponent on the very last lap, an opponent that I had previously spent 8 laps trying to find a way around.
    Keedan is just too dang fast and I have neither the time nor the will power to drive the exact same car around a track for long enough to get close. Without SSman at full strength to do battle with all race long or anything to do to the car to make it actually drive like a racing vehicle, it would seem the journey has come to an end.
    Until the next time, whenever that may be, see you around.
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I would have enjoyed that final battle more if i could see Hatfield, don't you worry. Feel like i pretty much cheated because of a network glitch.
  11. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
  12. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Here's my send-off to Season 2:
    [​IMG]
    P.S. What you see here is @Russell finding yet another way to shoot himself in...what's left of his foot.
  13. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well, he doesn't need his left one.
  14. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Sorry for my very late post season debrief guys!

Not a lot for me to really say in terms of being in contention of championship points haha, I’m just happy to have finished drawn for 10th with Knuckles and not last! Although almost by default as everyone below pulled out or didn’t do every round/DCs etc.

Three top ten finishes I’m quite happy with considering the immense pace of Division 1, Bathurst I feel was my best race as I don’t recall making any mistakes and finished 7th so it was a nice send off for the season.

Just want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and friendly on track, from my view anyway :) was great fun even if I was running at the back half the time lol, thanks for having me!

Congratulations to @KeedenMcdonald for taking out the title and for @Captain_Risky_21, @StigsTC and @TheStig13 for runners up :).