PCars 2 Season 3 Final Car Poll

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Apr 9, 2018.

?

Season 3 Final Car selection

Poll closed Apr 15, 2018.
  1. BMW 1 Series M Coupé

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Caterham Seven 620

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  3. Toyota GT 86

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well I had my doubts but you (almost) all unanimously voted Road car which I think will make for a nice and interesting season.

I have selected 3 cars from which to vote for. As always, please test all 3 vehicles before placing your votes.

[​IMG]
    2011 BMW 1 series M coupé

[​IMG]
    2014 Caterham Seven 620 R

[​IMG]
    2013 Toyota GT 86

All 3 of these cars are solid performers in their own right, with plenty of livery options, and plenty of legs for their class to broaden the choices for track selection.

You have only 1 vote so please make sure you are certain this is your final choice. Again testing is critical to ensure you are happy with your vote. The poll will close Sunday night.

Will try to be on as much as I can this week to have some runs with all 3 of these cars so if I see anyone online I’ll send out invites, likewise if you see me and you’re in a rockin’ lobby, don’t leave me hanging...
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

mmmmmmm good lookn car list there
    TheJuzzy and Ad2mny like this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @Ad2mny when are we looking at season starting?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Great racing with all these cars tonight. They are all good and should make for some great racing:thumbsup:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    GT 86 all the way
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Please please please take the time to drive the three cars, they may surprise you.
    My take;
    BMW - it's ok. Can get a little loose under brakes and sometimes experienced compression braking. Handling ok, some good turn in, some understeer. Changing gears without clutch has an annoying sound.

Caterham - it's good once you get use to it, kinda. Busy wheel work on stock steering ratio. Reduce steering turn in and it's then a car you drive without operating an old sailing ship wheel. Brakes are solid, throttle is solid, predictable handling and can catch it on a slight slide IF all wheels are still on the track. Light nibble steering and you can place it anywhere on the track. Best to rev this right out and changing gears is sweet.

GT 86 - best described as;
    "Its as boring as driving a piece of st!t" - kart.
    Very little power, brakes and steering feel soft and numb, you get oversteer when not even trying, terrible engine note and gear changes with no clutch sound bad.

My thoughts, do you agree or disagree? Test the cars :thumbsup:
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Both the BMW and Caterham are great cars to drive, but the default setups for both are very unstable when braking, particularly on cold tyres and with lower track temps.

The 86 works well for racing in a much wider range of conditions, and would be far better for close racing without small mistakes ending in grief. And it only feels slow if you jump out of the faster cars, once you get used to it, it really is fun to drive.
    autech91 and TheJuzzy like this.
  8. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Was hoping for something abit quicker than these 3 cars, lambo hurracan, Audi R8, or Ferrari, to name a few,
    Don’t like the 86 too slow, Caterham is way too busy, and bmw is just ok.
  9. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    FWIW I agree Slambo. Hopefully it produces close racing. I think the toyo and BMW would. I reckon the Caterham would be a carnagefest.
  10. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

86 was very quiet, got terrible wheel chatter on straights. stepped out way to easy
    Caterham keeps you very busy on the wheel but found it drivable could be interesting side by side racing
    Didn't drive bmw but watching last night seemed very loose with a lot of understeer.
    Will make my mind up on what I like later this week. (Not that it counts)
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    would have preferred some quicker cars to test, like an Audi R8
  12. its-benny-racer

whichever car we run this coming season, the following season car needs to have more than 700hp!
    Coojak3009, TheJuzzy and v8power383 like this.
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Yeah it would have been nice to continue with the voting to narrow down a road class we would like to run but I did have a ball in the 86 around some of the smaller tracks that we normally can't use with a racecar
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    2-3 weeks after car selection is finalised I believe. @Hatfield can you confirm?

It is always interesting to hear the difference in opinion about the car selection. The issue I found was getting temp into the tyres to properly make a decision about the pros and cons of each car. I’m still yet to make my final decision about which I prefer, but am leaning towards the caterham/BMW.

Will be on for testing tonight.
  15. its-benny-racer

We found last night that the only time the Caterham wasn't trying to kill us was when the track temp was in the mid 50s and the tyres were nice and warm, I don't even want to think what it would be like on that loose setup in the wet :eek:
    TheJuzzy and v8power383 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-3-entry-thread.3140/
    all dates in this^ threads OP
    Ad2mny likes this.
  17. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Sorry Spidey but I have to correct you here. I believe it was “it’s as boring as bat sh!t” ;)
  18. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    The 86 is just toooooo slow for me. Might be the best in close combat but if your by yourself.....
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I thought he said riding a sh.t .......o_O it stunned me on the night as I thought how do you ride a sh.t haha
    LOW_NZ likes this.
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Anyone else wanna test some lambos, Ferrari’s, R8’s etc?

I withdraw the above comment. Let’s not.... lol
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    TheJuzzy likes this.