AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S14-S15

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well Race 2 was great fun. Had a nice little battle with C4rL05 for a couple of laps, however my decision to change tyres lap 10 helped me pull away from him. Happy to make Top 5. Fun little car and track, trying to carry speed through the corners was the hard part.
    Thanks all that Raced and big thanks to Rolz for setting it all up for us. You are the Server God! :)
    Looking forward to the next race.

Cheeky Protest, JLynn777 did not record a pit stop ;)
    jlynn777, c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

lol thanks Bogor!
    Yeah heaps of fun in the end, nice driving to Marty as always and well done on the none tire change strategy Godzilla!

I won't be able to make racing night for the next 2 Monday now 23/30 Aril, but will still have access to configure Setup... Marty will just have to click start and away you go!
    Any thought on what to go with next week?
    The call is for something faster :p
    Since we really only have 2 races left before season starts maybe Nords and GT2 cars? I'd be so jealous :cry:
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Nords and GT2 cars it is! Happy to steal 2nd there with the pit stop as defenitly didn’t have the pace to pull it off normally. Got a bit of breathing room with your mistake there @Rolz with I think 2 laps to go, doubt I would have held on otherwise as tyres were prety average along with my pace.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys was good fun as always, a bit of a different pace to usual and FWD made it even more of a change. With my qualy issues and seeing the pace a few were putting in at qualy I really didnt think I had much hope.

Strategy wise I think it would have been close tyres vs no tyres but gave myself more hope of making passes on newer tyres if I could catch anyone. Was surprised to see Rolz also go for new tyres and luckily for me stopping earlier gave me some extra tyre temp as he pitted out with much the same gap we had before our stops.

From there it didnt look too hopefully catching Mael and Godzilla still about 12 seconds with about 5 to go but I didnt think Mael had enough fuel since he stopped a bit too early I think. I caught them both just as Mael blew his gearbox and with the tyre advantage ove Godzilla it was always goi g to be tough defend.

Next week Im up for anything and Nords GT2/E could work. May need to add a touch of ballast to the faster cars or just keep them as is and let people choose their own adventure. ;)
  5. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I was driving so slow deliberately so I could make the tank last 20 laps ;)
    Yeah I’ve tried a couple times but I can’t get ptracker or stracker to work.
    I have a feeling it might be because I’ve got AC split between my 2 hard drives...every other app works fine though :cautious:

That was pretty fun at the start and trying to hang on to Bogor. Never really saw anyone again after he pitted. Decided not to change tires so that must of gained me I tonne of time as I was must of gained about at least 20 seconds on Bogor.
    Fun little car to drive but that long straight felt like a looooooooooong straight :roflmao:
  6. Rolz

hmm thats strange that it didn't disqualify jlynn for not pitting...
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Doesn’t sound right, didn’t think you could do it on fuel?
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looking at timing he likely stopped lap 15 just without ptracker it doesnt register stops. I cant see any way someone could have done 5 more laps saving fuel at any sort of pace that would be faster then the time lost on a quick fuel stop. ;)

Making the tyre change work was more tricky but I assumed if it was possible to run 2:06's at the end it will make more then 2 seconds per lap in the second half of the race on those that didnt change tyres. Also running a full tank was much slower early so no point running long and heavy if changing tyres, biggest risk in such a strategy is if you get stuck in traffic with a slower car running the other strategy the race is done. A small field however was less risky and passing cars here with fresher tyres was fairly doable with minimal time lost.

The looong straight really helps to make passes, in slow cars especially with the draft having this straight made it more interesting I think rather then the chicane where passing would be less likely. Every track really needs at least 1 long straight to make racing interesting. Lots of turns is fun but many times these tracks have nowhere to pass unless the car ahead makes a big mistake making racing more boring.

For the Nords race I think make it the VLN layout and a 1 hr timed race with no forced stops, with the BMW m3 Gt2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Porsche 911 RSR GTE and Corvette c7 GTE.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Isn’t the Porsche a fair chunk faster in that group being much newer? Only ever driven the 458 around there and that was a long time ago (pre v10 tyres) so unsure how they would compare
  10. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Sorry I was joking, I definitely pitted.
    Was trying to justify my slow lap times ;) Yeah Marty's right, pitted lap 14 or 15 - that's as far as I could go. Didn't change tyres.
    That's why I mentioned not having ptracker because I pitted despite what it says.

Nords race sounds cool :thumbsup:
    Bogor likes this.
  11. Rolz

So the Endurance Nords, I can't find those cars u mean Marty
    Porsche 911 RSR 2017 and Chevrolet Corvette C7R?
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yea those 2 not sure if they had gte in the name but they both are gte cars which is the evolved gt2 spec. Track wise I was thinking not the 24hr layout but the other one which has the shorter GP sprint layout with Mercedes Arena same as used for the VLN racing. Just checked In AC its called Nordschleife Endurance Cup layout.

Its likely a bit quicker, can see on the prac server if it needs some ballast or a little restrictor. I dont think it was heaps faster then the others maybe a second or 2 here but been a long time since I compared the 4 of them.

Just had a quick look on RSR the cup layout has not many laps but the full Endurance layout the 911, C7r and 458 are within 1 second with the best BMW lap well off pace but likely people havent ran that much as its a little slower especially on default setup. I was able to go as fast in the beamer as the c7r and 458 at regular tracks when testing a while back before the 911 RSR got released. Looks like they may be fine but also all record laps on rsr are pretty dodgy hotlaps at min temps and whatever other acts of god people can achieve to make weather play in their favour. :D
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  13. Rolz

ok server04 is up to test cars against each other... this should be really fun! :D
    marty likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks Rolz, I just had a quick look at the server setting and changed qualy from 10 minutes to 60, not much point having a 10 minute session on an 8 plus minute lap. Also made the race 3 laps for the prac server, this way if anyone wants to test some long runs they can in qualy. But if they want to race they can just have some slightly shorter ones as its unlikely too many want to do hour long practice races.

I guess the race distance will be 7-8 laps over an hour with lap times probably around 8:10
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  15. Rolz

You have the keys mate :D
    Just keen to do some laps with this car/track combo...
    Spewing I’ll miss this round, but my annual beach shack holiday is well worth it!
    Hope to catch the race on stracker... enjoy watching the dots :roflmao:
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I guess your not coming to your Victorian beach shack, bad timing for that as it already started snowing last weekend. :D
    Rolz likes this.
  17. squid

squid Rookie

well, i got a lap in...
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I did not...
    Jumped in and had about 60 seconds to race start, left everything stock but turned off TC, was probably not the best idea overall. That 458 is tricky if you haven’t driven it for over a year it seems. Will have more time tomorrow to actually get a lap in
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I tried the beamer then the 911, thought maybe beamer was too slow but my setup just sucked as Andy was 10 sec faster then me in the same beamer and still 5 faster then I was in 911. Having not ran any of the cars in ages and loading really old setups didnt work great. I just tried to keep it on track and get a feel for them but didnt really do much setup or push too hard yet.

I did suspect they were all pretty close still if you give them a good thrashing and seems this may be the case, just need to work out a decent setup and I dont think softs will last 1 hour in any decent way. ;)
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was really struggling with brake lock ups on the 458, a few of those and the fronts are in a really bad shape. May play with a car a day and decide on the weekend what I want :)