AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S14-S15

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

hope to get some laps down tonight, work was epic yesterday so pull up stumps early to recover.
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Such a fun combo, and the multi-class is cool :)
    Makes me wish we had an enduro series on the side that ran throughout most of the year, even if there's only 1 race per month :x3:
    Rolz likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its not exactly multi class though, just different year cars made to the same spec while the class name has changed from GT2 to GTE. For a proper multiclass we could have added some LMP1 cars and made it a WEC race but the small numbers for the fun runs would have made this fairly pointless with a field of around 10. :D
    Rolz likes this.
  4. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Oops mutli-car is probably what I should have said :whistling:

Being only once a month or whatever would give plenty of time to practice and wouldn't be that time consuming...but yeah would only be worth it if there were at least 15 or so drivers
    Rolz likes this.
  5. Rolz

Hmm interesting to perhaps have an x number of races enduro comp possibly once a month on a thursday...
    Since Thursday’s seem to be pretty popular with people online we could table something then...
    Some more thought on it and a set car(s)/tracks list would attract interest Im sure.
    I’d be keen :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

there was talk of an enduro series running side by side with the main rooz series after our last Bathurst run. Would be cool
  7. Rolz

Just thinking about this whilst cooking dinner...
    Because it’s and enduro, possibly run with a rolling start and qual done with your time over the period of the prac server up? x weeks?
    I’ve done rolling starts before in other leagues, it certainly involves some more coordination but from what I’ve seen it really works well... brings down T1 incidents massively too..

Throwing it out there...

Possibly even a slightly later start so we can get more WA guys onboard... 8.30-9pm AEST?
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Is normal league night set by QLD time or is it including daylight savings as the sane states do it, starting at 9PM is no issue for me. I dont really think you need a rolling start, hopefully people can figure out not crashing t1 is a good idea not only in an enduro but any race. In an enduro you actually have more hope of recovering so it is less of an issue I think. ;)

Thursday nights are not great for me so I would prefer any other night generally, we could maybe get up a poll to see if people are interested in an enduro series say once a month and on what night.

Also regarding an enduro a 1hr race in the Blancpain series is a sprint, in WEC a 3hr race is a sprint but at least with no forced pit stop its more of an enduro if the optimal strategy is to make the car and tyre last for 1 hour.
  9. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Qualifying...I quite like having the pressure to try deliver within a time limit.
    Not sure if it's possible but being able to take the average from 3 consecutive laps could be interesting?
    Rolling start would be really cool, I'd be keen to try it. I've done it on iracing a few times and it was more fun.
    The time of day isn't really a concern for me as I can book it off.
    I'd like to have races where you'd have to make a couple pitstops. 2-3 hours of racing maybe?
    marty likes this.
  10. Rolz

because DST is now over for the next 6 months, the eastcoast time now is in sync.... yay
    I'm not locked into any method of qual and starting the race, just throwing options out there...
    at this stage it'll be a fun run category unless we can get the rooz board to rubber stamp it...
    just need to flesh it out more... if we can get 4/5 enduros with cars/tracks sorted and table it we would be in a good standing...
    4 tracks is pretty easy, Spa, Le Mans, Nords, Bathurst... bam done (IMHO) that's 4 months
    If we were looking at 2-3hrs the it would have to be a weekend...
    marty likes this.
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I need a lot more practice to get anywhere near the times you fast guys are getting around in.
    I have tried all the cars and I am not fast in either of them, however the Ferrari sound has me won over and I'll be racing in that.

As for the side series, I don't think I can do any Enduros. I spend all my time trying to get within a few seconds of you on the normal races, I don't think I can get more time to practice another track and car. Great idea, just not for me at my stage of learning to race.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems a great fun combo this one, had an Awesome race with Andy and Paul where we were nose to tail for 2 laps ended up .5 1st to 3rd at the line.

I have put my setup for the 911 and the C7 in stracker, they aren't amazing but got them both just under the 8 minute mark. Need to try the beamer again and I think Andy put his setup there in that so I will try his and maybe tweak it up a bit if its a bit too sketchy.

For the race night if people have a car preference make a mention here and I will make sure there are enough of them. We can possibly run an OSRW layout to add some more of each car in the server. But I will test if picked locked entry list means people assigned a car can have one reserved with unreserved cars still open to all.

Edit: Tested the pickup locked entry list, unfortunately if your not entered in the server list then you cant get in. I had hoped it just locked users to the car but it seems it just locks people from the server not entered into the entry list. Basically it can just eliminate the need for a password and to have a server just open to people entered in so mostly useless. :(
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

For a weekday enduro I think something in the 1.5 to 2 hour range, Tuesday to Thursday would work for me. Weekend the longer the better. Maybe 3-4 normal 1.5 to 2 hour races and one final or mid season race that’s a good bit longer at 3-4 hours that would run on a Saturday or Sunday.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tuesday or Wednesday would work for me, Tuesdays may not be good for any of the guys doubling up with the XGN league same as Thursdays as they do race a fun run night then. Possibly Wednesday for during the week or Sunday if anyone is up for longer rounds but the regular 1.5-2hr race with one longer finale sounds like a good plan.

I cant do Saturdays and Sundays aren't always great but if its once a month I could keep Sundays free for those. However Sundays some guys may be keen to practice for the next Sunday more which is where a Wednesday IMHO works ok with possibly just the finale on a Sunday and this can be while the main Monday season is on a break.

Car wise the GT2 GTE cars I think are a good mix and later in the year once ACC is out or at least in Early Access we could do some GT3 enduros with weather and day night races.
  15. squid

squid Rookie

Dibs on a 911
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Oh yeah I forgot about ACC - has a release date been set? Could just wait for that to come out but I guess a fun run version to iron out the creases before it's released could be an idea.

I'll just go with the Corvette plz - love the noise :thumbsup:
  17. Rolz

That is bordering on heresy mate... o_O

Early release in slated for Summer (northern hemisphere - so anywhere between June-August?)
    jlynn777 likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

First playable version for public is meant to be at Misano Blancpain round 22-24 June. Possibly early access not long after that, I suspect they will possibly aim for final release at Spa 24hr but that will possibly be 2019 as they said it will include the 2018 and 2019 full seasons of Blancpain sprint and endurance cup.
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

Anyone tested daytona yet?
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-2017.14277/

Thoughts again whilst doing dinner
    GT3/Spa, LMP/Le Mans, Porsche something/Nords, V8sc/Bathurst then something at Daytona if it’s a quality track... 5 is probably more than enough to fit in whilst there is no DST.

Just need day sorted.. Tuesday/Wednesday could work for me, but we do 2+ hrs on a school night could be a struggle... One night I could handle, but I’m concerned about turnout due to end time on a weekday.
    marty likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Best to see what nights/days others would be interested in for me Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Sundays are ok. If its once a month it may be ok for some guys more time limited may have more chance of squeezing in an extra race.