AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S14-S15

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

My vote would be 1.5 hour races during the week and one 3 hour race on a Sunday.
    I’ll take the Vette for Monday I think
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just did my first real medium run and also a full 1 hour test and made it 8 laps as expected. Do I get the consistancy award for this lol as my race delta was within .5 the last 6 laps pretty much. 3 laps in a row were within .02 of a second too which I dont think I have done at too many short tracks ;) I don't think I quite had the pressures set right for the run but wear fairly evenly balanced out with fuel load dropping and these tyres would likely have hung on fairly well for a full fuel run which in the beamer is 11 laps here.

Mediums will last the 1 hour, and my fuel guess for this run was silly good too crossing the line with .02 litres.

http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=36289#
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Pretty epic consistency for this track. You thinking of not doing a stop?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Dont see any need to do a stop unless damaged, cant see how making a stop changing tyres and adding fuel could make up the lost time plus needing to start on cold tyres twice.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Interesting to see laptimes of the VLN cars at this layout, VLN does race GT3 as their top class but pole over this years 4 races have been between 7:57 and 8:03 with race best lap times around 8:03 to 8:07 for the top cars.

http://www.pressracing.com/events/vln/2017/

I would even be up for just a monthly VLN race at Nords, with maybe an enduro other months of big races such as Le Mans, Bathurst etc.
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Ive done a few laps in each car to get an idea on the pecking order. Its not as spread out as i first thought it would be.
    The Porsche is the fastest and pretty easy to drive. I could manage 7:54s in it pretty comfortable. The front is good over the crests. Its the quickest down the straights by a little as well.

The Corvette is pretty close in laptime but i found it much harder to drive consitently fast. The front end was the worst of the lot over the crests. I could manage high 7:54s on a good lap.

The Ferrari struggles with low speed exits. It lacks the torque of the gte spec cars. Its suprisingly close in speed at the end of the straights though. It feels the most stable in high speed corners. I could lap around 7:57 with it.

The BMWs a little off the pace of the others. The front is a bit unstable like the c7. Not as bad though. I found it the most forgiving when things go wrong. Straight line speed is a little lower. It should still be able to overtake with a slipstream though. I could hit 8:00 pretty consitently in it. It was also very good on cold mediums compared to the others
    KoAStR, marty, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I am driving the Ferrari purely for the sound, love that engine sound when it is on full noise.
    Any chance you can share the setup? I find I only hit 274km/h down the last straight, however when watching your laps you were hitting ~289km/h. Might have been in another car though.
  8. andyo450

Yea ill chuck it in Ptracker. The Ferrari does sound nice, although I prefer the Chevys V8. Where you shift in the 458 is important too. ~7000-7200rpm. Revving to the redline will cost a lot of speed.
    Bogor likes this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Being a fun run u really need to join in andy... if ur ping starts to suck or we see you warping I’m sure it’ll be called out. :thumbsup:
  10. andyo450

Yea if I'm around I will for sure. Not sure how late work is gonna be though.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Only time his ping could be an issue is lap 1 turn 1 as after that nobody will catch him.

Im going to go the beamer for the night most likely, may not be fastest but handles ok and will be nice to have a mix of cars on the night as I dont think it will be the number 1 chouce for too many.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  12. Rolz

Yeah I’d be in the Porsche... that car completes me on this track :roflmao:
  13. andyo450

I dunno about that. Plenty of time for me to put it in the wall. I'm pretty familiar with some of them too...
    Ill be in the BMW too if I can make it. Its just more fun.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Noticed something interesting, in the beamer added 3mm more ride to the rear to add some rake and keep nose down over crests. Well it does help over crests but was adding about 5 seconds per lap in drag :eek: which I could see on every straight vs my delta. I couldn't see any pedal spikes and this is likely also where my original setup was so slow vs Andy in this car, his handles better too but mine was just so slow in the straights. Having a car that lifts a bit over the crests a little lift on approach will help quite a bit but interesting to see how big an effect a small change like this can have.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just checked again and seems it is my throttle spiking, didnt think 3mm could possibly have that effect but didnt notice any spikes last night but seeing it pretty massively today. :mad:
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Can you try to clean it?
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just gave them a clean, forgot how many screws needed to be taken out to open the g27 pedals lol. After a clean out they are registering properly so hope this will be the last clean before I burn these when my new pedals get in. :D
  18. Rolz

I would just keep them as spares... had my Fanatec base die and madly scrabble to find a g27 to tie me over... had offloaded mine to a mate... so now just keep a spare in case any other hardware failures...
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Probably a good idea though killing them with fire would be fairly satisfying, after the cleanout things are much better. Think I can get the beamer into the 58's but that about where my limit will be as it will take a near perfect fully committed lap. Will probably need 8 of them in the race too giving up a little to the other 3 cars. ;)
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’ll take the porka, when in Rome (or in this case Germany) after all. The only question will be which wall I’ll stuff it in to