Season 3 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Drove the Audi R8 V10 last night-----awesome to drive, sounds ace and quick through the corners. Could be a good season car
  4. KerbRider22

KerbRider22 New Recruit

PSN ID
    robramjet
    Count me in please.
    Hopefully wil be able to particapate a lot more then last season.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm back.

I'm liking any of the 3 cars here, especially with the likelihood of the GTS camp sticking with a racecar. Boring. :D
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Im Back...all new wheels
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

im out for this season, sunday nights just aren't going to work. enjoy the caterham
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm gonna give this season a miss, I can't see myself enjoying any of these three cars for a whole season.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Get yourself GT sport and have a crack at the GT500 lexus.... WEAPON!!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I'm a glutton for punishment, count me in!
  11. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I'm off to GT sport this season, sorry fellas:(
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well I have 2 questions
    1 who's running this?
    2 Can we have a vote on tuning to make a return to pcars league or even a tuning division
    SUBGTRACER and PaulCox like this.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i dont mind tuning but as im very new to sim racing dont know all that much about it...if it happens i would love the fast guys to share there setups as spidey does for the enduro rounds. That to me anyways gets around the people that say its unfair because of time
    SUBGTRACER and v8power383 like this.
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Ultimately the whole point of tuning setup is not about making you faster, it's about making you more comfortable.

Being comfortable makes it easier to be more consistent lap after lap, which in turn makes it possible to improve your speed by making small adjustments to how you drive the car and seeing the difference in lap times.

Being more comfortable also makes racing closer to other competitors on track safer and more enjoyable.

The biggest barrier we have in this game when it comes to allowing custom setups (or having custom setup divisions) is that we don't learn about the track list until the M&G. If we knew the tracks 2 weeks earlier, that would give us time to at least produce some good base line setups for the car.
    SUBGTRACER and PaulCox like this.
  15. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    You just contradicted yourself right there. Comfort + Consistency = speed = Faster..

I like the default setups as it makes a level field especially for those of us that cant sink the time into a setup. Taking someone else's setup isn't really an option unless you have the same driving style and/or ability to translate what the car/game is throwing through the wheel.
    Im only new here but if it went down the setup path i would bow out i think. But thats not to say that if there was enougth to run a different Div for it it shouldnt be looked at, By saying 'No' is limiting on how some like to play and feel comfortable playing.

But thats my 2c worth ;)
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

My point being is that, a good setup isn't what makes you faster. It's comfort leading to confidence in the car, which leads to consistency, which opens up the ability for you to get faster through practice.

The default setups are usually fine for most parts of a track, but then there will be 1 or 2 sections or corners where the car is easily upset meaning you have to be close to perfect every lap in order to attack and not spin. For less experienced drivers this can be a confidence killer.

A setup that allows you to attack every corner, every lap with some margin for error usually only requires a few minor tweaks from the default settings.

I agree that allowing custom setups across the board is a bad idea, but I am certainly in favour of having 1 or more divisions for people that want to tune, as long as there is enough people to warrant that. It could serve to make racing with us more appealing to new people who wouldn't want to race without the ability to tune.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    1. @Ad2mny
    but I have been assisting with forum admin
    SUBGTRACER, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  18. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I don't think tuning should be allowed, for 1, it was done for a season or two with Pcars and we lost half the field. 2, if we seperate a tuned and non tuned room as it stands we would have prob 5 in each division....
    There are 6 other nights of the week for the guys who want a tuning room to set up a series. Keep Sunday as a non tuned room where it is fair for everybody.
    SUBGTRACER, PaulCox, Ad2mny and 3 others like this.
  19. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Count me in for another season
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    As has been stated many times, tuning can create an unfair advantage to those who know what they are doing, and those that have minimal time to spend during the week practising or the often many hours it takes to perfect a tune lose out.

So no, we will not be running tuning in the Sunday Leagues in the foreseeable future to try to maintain some semblance of a level playing field.