AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S14-S15

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the cars people have selected so far, I will add these all to the entry list and make sure to just even out the car selection for the rest. Even these guys can choose another car on the night but at least if say 10 people want the Porsche I will know to make sure there are enough of these to go around.

I think using the OSRW track will help to make it more likely people can select the car they want on the night as this gives an extra 12 grid slots.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2nqtqlyctlt8m9/Nordschleife_Endurance_Cup_34pits_AC1.14.rar

@Bogor 458 GT2
    @squid 911 RSR
    @jlynn777 Corvette C7
    @Godzilla 911 RSR
    @Rolz 911 RSR
    @andyo450 BMW M3
    @marty BMW M3

I have put the OSRW track into server 5 so people can test and will have a 1 hr race on there just incase anyone may be up for some long testing and dont want to do it in the qualy session.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Bogor likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seeing no real start time has been mentioned other then this we can do qualy 8:30 for a 30 minute session with race to follow or can have qualy start at 8 and go for an hour if people would prefer that. If anyone would want this to be a bit later let us know here and we can maybe push qualy to continue on til 9:15 but then this will finish the race about 10:30.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Is this for tomorrow? If 6:30 Perth time start would help but as long as it’s not earlier then 6 then I’m ok. Hour quali is probably a bit much, 30 minutes should be enough
  4. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I believe Daylight Saving time has ended now. I'm in QLD so it does not affect me as much as the other states.
    8:30 start would be 6:30 in Perth, I support that, however only 30 minute qualy would suit me better as 10:30 is way past my bed time :).
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With qualy then will leave it to 30 min at 8:30est and so race will start around 9:10 est can push it back 5 more minutes so race starts 9:15. This will give someone that can just make it before 9 a chance to put in a qualy lap as you need the 8 minute outlap here. ;)
    jlynn777 likes this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Have fun tonight all! :)
    marty likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

8. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was epic, great race guys. Definitely going to watch the replay to see how close that finish was.
    Ditched my home-brand setup for one off the setupmarket and found a stable tune. Beat my PB by over 5 seconds and managed 4 laps in a row without crashing (first time on the server). Silly mistake gave me huge steering problems after zoning out and clipping the pit exit at Hatzenbach - very tricky drive back to the pits. Could see Godzilla gaining quickly, was doing ok until Shawlbenschwanz where I destroyed my other front suspension....then it was clearly game over as the pit repair time was biblical. Either way, that went 20000000% better than I thought it would.
    Love how brutal the consequences are, such a rewarding track when you get it right.
    Shame we didn't get more numbers but I still think an Enduro season on the side would be worth it....hopefully more people commit and do a bit of prac.
    marty likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the race and most hung in there well and congrats to Andy on the close win with Godzilla getting on the podium with me.

Qualy Results.
    http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=9849#

Race results
    http://54.153.191.209:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=9850

Qualifying @andyo450 was flying in the Beamer and easily got pole with @Godzilla getting second and I managed to sneak a lap in last for 3rd.

Ive had some annoying stutters the last two nights was real bad last night and had hoped it would be ok today. Came into qualy and it was no good so I just got in a cruisey lap to put a time down then had a go at one faster one late knowing that a stutter there wont put me on the back of the grid if it was my only lap.

Even if I got a PB I likely wouldnt have made the front row so qualy was about as good as possible for me. In the race I figured if Andy kept off the walls he would stomp it in and I just tried to hang on to Godzilla. Unfortunatly Andy had a spin getting onto the final straight end of lap 1 and looked like he would have had some damage. Then I tried to stay with Godzilla early and noted Andy still had pretty good pace but a bit down so he clearly had some damage.

Then about mid way through Godzilla had also a stutter issue and had a weird contact inside wall the turn before the Karusel which you normally would never hit. Shame for him as he had to stop and it cost him 40+ seconds.

From there I saw Andy was really pushing on and I just tried to keep it clean to at least have a damage free car to maybe keep him at bay when he eventually caught me. I then had an odd stutter getting onto the back straight in the brake zone locked wheels and nailed the wall. Got red front and bright yellow rear so car was pretty horrible. Andy caught me fairly soon but his connection was quite warpy so he hung back. I don't think he had as much damage as me and with his connection he didnt press the issue.

Come to the last lap getting onto dottinger hohe I figured I better get as good an exit as possible but with the damage it just understeered wide and into the grass. From there Andy got alongside and I saw him move back and forth, sometimes I led other times he did but I think he had me on pace anyway. I had to backout before tiergarten to avoid running into him and he got the win by .725.

Was a fun race, on pure pace Andy would have won by I think 40 seconds if nobody had damage. Shame for Godzilla to also have an issue and congrats to all that finished.
    Bogor likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In the end I think if we didnt use the OSRW track some more casuals may have made it, they may have been with very high pings but a few more aussies may have made it. Shame its not possible to lock people to the entry list with their car selections and then leave all other spots open to all.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@Rolz is there any plans for next week yet, or does anyone have a suggestion they would like to run.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Welll done @andyo450 and @marty, awesome close finish considering the distance. I really do like racing here, it’s such a challenging track and when you find that rhythm it’s really satisfying.I really need to sort out the stutter though as loosing vision for half second to a second at full speed just never ends well and very unsettling in VR. Got 5 days off work coming up so may finally do that fresh install on the PC I’ve been meaning to do for way to long.

Happy to race anything really, could pick an LMP car, battery management would be a new thing for me
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Such a challenging track but such a joy to drive that Porsche around. Once did a 3hr rooz enduro around here but I was actually getting sore by the end of the one hour last night.

Pretty straight forward race for me as I jumped 2 cars at the start and spent the race in no mans land unable to catch the guys ahead. Only one barrier kiss so happy with that.

Just out of interest I found the gp section had like no grip but once at the ring section the tyres felt great, anyone else find that?
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Nice work to all last tight! cracking times!

Still have one more fun run race to do before S15 starts...

How about BMW M235i around RedBull (shortver)
    2x with reverse grid?
    BMW hasn’t much to setup and should be close racing.
    Bogor likes this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

16. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'll be happy with that one.

Last nights race was great fun. I managed a new PB around the ring in the Ferrari . I had an OK start, slipped a few places, however I was just wanting to get into a groove and finish with few incidents. I did manage to hit the wall a couple of times with only cosmetic and slight aero damage. I had a few nice (short) battles with a couple of people, however I was not able to keep up the pace and soon slipped behind. I am happy to not be lapped and managed a P6 to finish. I found my tyres lost a lot of grip after 6 laps and I pitted to refuel and change tyres.
    Well done to Andy, Godzilla and Marty for a great close race.
    Looking forward to the next race then start of Season 15. If it ends up being the V8SC's I'll be consistently back of the pack.
    marty likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My stutters are a bit odd like some background process is doing something, i use an fps cap but tried running uncapped and maxed out was getting about 130fps at 4k with min drops to about 110. I find capped at 61 is smoother then uncapped at 110 but will try uncapped for a bit and see if it helps.

I think windows just does too much random stuff in the background at times, also for some reason my mouse cursor just pops up and its not from the ffb as this happens even in replays or if I turn the mouse off. I found ctrl + f8 does hide the cursor but it seems the mouse has no effect on the stutters.

For some reason it just kicked in the last 2 nights as the game was running real smooth for months before that which is a bit annoying. Nords is tricky enough to not make your own error but having the odd random glitch at a key corner fully commited isnt much fun when you get damage that ends up costing many seconds per lap after.

I will put this up on a prac server, havent driven the track before so should be interesting.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ran some races in the combo with Godzilla and great fun so good car choice by @Rolz and this little gem of a track was a great pick by @Godzilla the track itself I had never seen before but its fairly short and easy enough to pick up the flow in 10-20 laps then you will find a bit more each lap.

I seem to have also fixed my stuttering issues entirely :D, shame I didn't do it last night lol but at least its sorted. I was using dashmeter pro on an old android phone as my dash. This has an external plugin that runs in the background of AC then connects to AC via WIFI and gives live dash and telemetry. Turning this off I got no stutters all night but before that I joined the server and everything I tried made it worse. Now I just need to run some more apps on screen to give me the info dashmeter was giving me but I didnt drop a single frame in an hour and half compared to getting huge stutters every few minutes.

Adding a video of a bit of fun racing with Godzilla from last night.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    andyo450, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

It’s a good track hey, has a good bit of everything, blind crests, tight sections and a few overtaking places, long straight after a slow corner and a chicane at the end helps with overtaking opportunities. Plus some very harsh curbs to help you in your incidents if you get it wrong. The BMW with its desire to go sideways is great fun around here. Slides great up the first corner also :)
    Rolz and marty like this.
  20. squid

squid Rookie

Probably going to miss this week, I have an exam on Wednesday :(