GT Sport Season 3 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Suzuka 1hr over Blue moon
    AroGantz likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    please recount the entire thread and PM me the 7 tracks and which is the retro/sprint/enduro
  3. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Is a good thing ROOZ pays you the big bucks to put up with us all while setting these up Hatfield ;)
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Bryan_F are you ok to host and room captain this season?
    can someone put their hand up to backup host?
    @JonoStan96 are you ok to room captain this season?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Yes
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Round 1: Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP - 24 laps - 11:30 Fine - 6/5
    (break on 13/5 for Mother's Day)
    Round 2: Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa - 30 laps - 18:00 Sunny - 20/5
    Round 3: Dragon Trail Seaside - 2x16 laps - 18:30 Fine -27/5 (Sprint Round)
    Round 4: Mount Panorama - 23 laps - 15:30 Sunny - 3/6 (Retro Round)
    (break on 10/6 for Queen's Birthday long weekend)
    Round 5: Nurburgring 24h - 11 laps - 20:30 Sunny - 17/6 (Endurance Round)
    Round 6: Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop - 42 laps - 18:00 Sunny - 24/6 (Night Round)
    Round 7: Blue Moon Speedway Infield A - 36 laps - 16:00 Cloudy - 24/6 1/7
    (school holidays start the following weekend)
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Have to be honest and say i'm concerned about the driving seen in tonight's meet and greet. I feel as if the race stewards are going to be neck deep in protests sent in every week if we all are driving like this. I'm not saying i'm innocent here as some of my driving wasn't great mainly due to it being only the second time driving the car. Just not sure what this means for the season. I could suggest a rolling start to reduce first lap congestion but not sure what others would think of that. I'm mainly worried were all going to hate each other by the time this seasons finished.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The only way we are going to clean this is by punishing the bad moves, if there is a problem for the sake of the racing protest it. a penalty is the best lesson to learn from.

The races are long enough to make up for a bad start, think about how your race will be effected if your planning a very risky move.
    JonoStan96 and AroGantz like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’ve had a look at the races today, and wowee, the act, as it were, really needs to get together for some. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many half assed divebombs in my life. Brains need to be switched on with these cars, yes you can have all the downforce in the world but that doesn’t mean you can run two wide at every single corner. This “If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you no longer racing driver” mentality needs to stop, and fast. Opportunistic passes are exciting. it’s part of why we love racing, but it has to be within reason.

A common trend I saw was putting others in a position where if they don’t give up the place with an impossible pass at a high speed bend, they will crash. This is pure recklessness and is only going to lead to protests and angst amongst us all. Same can be said on those on the receiving end of a normal overtake, you’ll lose 2 seconds max giving up a place you can’t defend, rather than sticking with it and crashing. In other words, everyone needs to do their part in ensuring the racing is clean as possible. We’re all not perfect, there are things you can’t anticpate, like the car in front braking in the middle of a corner or spinning out. But please, take the time to consider the nett result of going for a pass, use your noggin, it will win you more races and championships than going for a Verstappen esque attempt from 75 metres back.

Give each other room and we’ll have a very happy and enjoyable season. The positive news is that the times (apart from 1) are extremely tight, this could be the closest season in years, but if we don’t behave, it’ll all come to nought. The stewards will not hesitate coming down hard if it is deemed necessary.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    razor4797, AroGantz, Hatfield and 5 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    these cars run rolling start IRL and are horrible off the line.
    Should help reduce T1 carnage
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Great, the one car where starting without traction control can reward you places and this happens, good one
    razor4797 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  15. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So my race plan for the season let everyone bash each other up at the front I'll hang around the back (cause this car and I don't agree how to get around a corner) and pick up the scraps.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Rolling start? Didn’t realise this was NASCAR... We have never done that in any Sunday league race before, why all of a sudden do it now?
    Yes they are hard to get off the line, but I can think of many other cars we’ve previously used which are as hard and that has never changed the starting procedure.
    T1 carnage won’t happen if people actually use their brain and consider the fact that races are not won on the first lap...
    Very very soft.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP reverted to grid start

Every decision I've made for this season setup seems to have been the wrong one. Maybe I should step down and delegate all of this
    CAB77 likes this.
  18. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Cant please everyone Hat. I think a lot of people forget that this is a game, that we all play for fun, on a Sunday evening. I know I'm relatively new here, but everyone just needs to calm down. The work you do Hat is amazing, and people need grow up and get on with it.
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  19. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    This ^^^^

Actually you are doing a pretty good job in a shyte roll, I would have lost my shyte by now and I definitely don't want your job. Maybe a thread is in order where everyone can say what they want in one place, I know we have the "Season # Suggestion" thread but I mean for the GTS League in general, not everything can be implemented but as a society we all need to make concessions.
    razor4797 likes this.
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    @Hatfield oh well I think it would of been cleaner starts with rolling starts. I guess people better practice getting off the line. I know a few races last night cars were 4 wide going in to a 1 lane corner. I was complaining last season that the starts were boring as they required 0 skill to get the car off the mark. With the lack of reaction time needed for when the lights go green I guess this will make it interesting as it requires that little bit of wheel spin to get a quick start.
    Tristan Jones, razor4797 and AroGantz like this.