GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

@deedz_aus and I will be on tonight around 8:30/8:45 AEST if anyone is keen?
  2. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Wouldn’t it be easier to force everyone to start on RH, then changing after that won’t matter? I feel this may be exploited and/or more work as it will need to be manually policed if suspicious. Hopefully honesty pervails and we don’t have to scrutinise drivers each race. Just my 5c
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  4. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I've had no time to practice and it doesn't look like I will get any before the race so tomorrow is going to be very interesting.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Don't worry @AroGantz, I'll race you from D3.
    Tristan Jones and AroGantz like this.
  6. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Hopefully I make it home in time tonight!
    LennonLegend1993 and Easyprey007 like this.
  7. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I'm out for tonight and maybe the season as this car is NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFF.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Results for round 1
    Pole : Slap-n--tickle
    FL : Deedz_aus
    [​IMG]
  9. LennonLegend1993

Congrats slapntickle!

Today I learned you can qualify on a medium compound and start the race on hards! Maybe next week I'll qualify on Mediums! :p:p:poop:
    deedz_aus likes this.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    WD Lennon, good solid result mate.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do you have an image of the results page showing race times?
  12. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I did the same :oops: I like the idea of starting on the compound you qualify on, but i guess that is a bit hard to manage too in the current version of GT sport.. solid racing though!
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done Vardz, you guys certainly had pace up front! Once I lost touch I was never able to get close again...even @pat65 shot off eventually gaining a few seconds per lap once he got some clean air in front.

I surprised myself with Q of 8th having seen the other times, got a couple of good laps out of the RM.

I started to settle in, thinking I was just in the right spot at 7th for my pace, nothing seemed to be changing...then I spun on the exit of turn 5, losing a couple of positions but also making me more cautious on that corner the rest of the race.

Had good fun catching up the couple of places I lost, cementing the idea that 7th was my pace. I passed people as they crashed, but would mostly lose it again - though Pat struggled to get past me...I almost let off to let him past but figured he would be fast enough to just pass me eventually. When I was following @webnomad I braked too late on the hairpin, and Pat almost got past on the inside - but I had the inside for the next corner. I finally just braked early to let Pat past...and he got tangled up with webnomad...so I sailed through...

Pat eventually caught me again though, and passed easily.

I had a good battle with @AroGantz for a while, I think I may have a little pace on him at this track...he is quicker on some others, especially Bathurst. Was a good little battle, would have loved to keep going and see if I could overtake, but he pushed too hard out of a corner and spun.

After Vardz said he had done a full length practise on hards with no pit, I was planning to do that too...though I noticed at lap 12 a few people pitting, and I noticed the grip wasn't letting me push as hard on the corners. Still, I remained steadfast in my no pit strategy - I knew I could make the length for fuel, though with a few laps of revving to the limiter I found I wouldn't have enough, and went back to shortshifting. I was still getting good lap times, I even battled with @Green Terror for a while, he was faster in the first section I was faster in the last, making for a tight battle - but he eventually came unstuck and ended up a few seconds behind, and then 13 seconds behind me. After I saw that 13 seconds I knew I could make a 15 second pit without losing a position - I thought I had seen him pit earlier, so I figured better tyres would negate the 2 seconds. I put in just a few per cent of fuel to tide me over just in case. He came out just in front of me, and I couldn't pass him on cold tyres...though at the end of that lap he pitted too, and I sailed away. Was that 2 pits Terror or did I just mistake you for someone else?

Once again, I found myself a few seconds behind Pat , occasionally gaining a bit but mostly losing. After Pat had about 8 seconds on me, I saw he must have overtaken @rossi0nsx, and with a few laps to go I started to see him on track instead of just on the leaderboard. I wondered if he had crashed and would disappear again, or if he was nursing worn tyres. With just over a lap to go, he was getting very close, I eventually overtook on the straight before the last corner....though I didn't come out of the corner any better than he did, so I figured he was using a different fuel map...meaning I would probably be able to keep the pace. I flew off down the straight...and kept a close eye on the gap, but was able to be nice and safe on the last lap to make I didn't balls it all up right at the end!

Apologies to the couple of rear ends I gave, no one went off track or lost position, and when I gave Rossi a push, even though he held it together, I still didn't try for the overtake I nearly had hom on a couple of corners later.
    LennonLegend1993, VARDZ and deedz_aus like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Round 5: Nurburgring 24h - 12 laps - 20:30 Sunny - 17/6 (Endurance Twilight Round)
    Round 6: Dragon Trail Gardens II - 32 laps at 06:30 Sunny - 24/6
  16. LennonLegend1993

Kill me now.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  18. LennonLegend1993

#jizz
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    relax the time hasn't changed since meet and greet and you will be able to see just fine
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I would have finished 5th here, not 10th...
    deedz_aus likes this.