Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Easiest way to add skins is manually editing the entry list. As long as you know the skin name per drover if its in a simple format like "TGM_Marty" then you would just need to add this to the users name. Also with teams that have a skin per car only something like "TGM_Nissan" using content manager its a bit of a PITA for sure. Then all thats needed is a skin pack to be shared and people unpack this to see skins.

As long as we have a list of names and car choices plus skins I can do the entry list, I can edit the skin names to a standardized format to make new edits easier or if we set a skin naming standard for skin makers it will be even easier.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  2. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

If you could get around to a quick one for us that would be awesome
  3. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Foxtel's last bastion is sport, once they start losing the rights to home grown things like the Supercars their already diminished customer base will vanish.
    marty likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

One thing people need to watch out for here is the last turn, anyone running the outside of the curb and so off track will need to rejoin safely. They are off track so those that are still on track don't have to move inside to leave them room if they don't want to I think. That is unless they made contact on exit that pushed the other guy wide, also some effort needs to be made to not abuse this too much as its clearly a fair gain running wide there even if you stuff the entry you will gain time on others that don't go around the curb.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Normally here it’s expected that the guy on track has to give some room for a car to rejoin. If you squeeze them then they will just end up in a wall, they should not gain an advantage from it though, I’d say there should be a lift instead of keeping your foot in it.
  6. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Sorry I'm gonna have to miss this race and most likely the season. POS Thrustmaster is disconnecting after a few minutes of use, will have to return it under warranty this time.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the car re entering should lift if they need to, in most cases I would leave room for someone re-joining but its likely you don't see them as they can be 5 cars wide moving back in a RHD car no chance of seeing that. Also if someone is abusing this then I would just hold the outside and make them deal with the rejoin, if I went wide would always make sure I either re-join behind or only if the other car left room but make sure I don't gain an advantage from doing this.

In qualy surely anyone that runs wide should abort their lap as otherwise everyone would go wide and gain quite a bit of time out there.

If there is no penalty for going wide then why not everyone abuse it every lap? I don't think that's a good option at all and those running wide should ensure they aren't gaining an advantage and try a bit harder to stay on track.
  8. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

I'll see how I go. If it is alright with @Rolz they might not be completed until Monday afternoon
    Cherno likes this.
  9. squid

squid Rookie

what's the rules with the pit exit here? it seems like the exit here isn't really protected from the racing line like on most other tracks, when i've been practising i feel like there's no room for cars to exit.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As long as you give the skin names to @Rolz or me then it doesn't really matter when the skin is done the server doesn't need the skin files. Someone will just need to make a skinpack with all downloads at some point and if we keep this up to date its fairly easy to manage.

I haven't seen any skins so no idea what naming system people are using but obviously it will depend if its user specific or just car and team specific. If people don't download the skin on the night they will just see a white skin for people who's skin they don't have.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its a tricky entry and exit here as can be seen by the carnage at the real race this weekend. Exit you just need to take some caution and try to stay as far right as you can not move across track especially with traffic. The track map app is useful for this and also to find space in qualy or if re-joining track after an off.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display.3508/

This app even colour codes cars for outlaps in qualy and who is lapping or your lapping so is handy info. On pit exit I just take a look and if I see someone coming take more care in the race. If in qualy you can simply avoid going out into traffic and blocking someone's hot lap easily.

Others on track should be able to see people exiting and hopefully leave some room there. Pit entry is even trickier as if someone is close then to enter pits you need to brake sooner to make a tighter turn. This may catch people out and other then saying on Discord if your going to pit in when someone is close behind to give them a heads up.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

getting them loaded up and then distributed to all is a big ask today... lets just focus now on them being ready next week
    krunch and marty like this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

So are we implementing any specific pit stop/tyre use rules for the first round?
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Should be same as full practice server, pit window compulsory stop.

Also a heads up for anyone on win10 with the latest update, new default security policy disables the mic to apps. I couldnt get discord to work with mine but a google search came up with this.

https://winaero.com/blog/microphone-doesnt-work-windows-10-version-1803/

The update itself is actually very good with the PC running better then ever other then this mic issue I had that I was fairly sure was update related.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks, there was talk of having to run both compounds, guessing that’s not happening at least yet?
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Fukn wheel broke this morning! Emergency trip to EB!
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As nothing was announced early enough its a bit late to spring on people, maybe we can do that for the next round but it still has a few strategy options with just a forced stop and pit window with the game being able to monitor who has and hasnt stopped. Other options also require someone to check all have made compound changes, a rule for failing to do so plus people should have all week at least to consider their options. There will likely be some guys that make an honest mistake and stuff the stop up not changin tyres or compounds so what penalty do you enforce. ?

The pit window is easy for all to see and they can do as they like with the few options that are available.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

My thoughts would be to just worry about the compulsory pit and let people work out what to do from there. Too late to make rule changes for this one
    jlynn777 likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That's why that's all that will be this round, just a pit window that forces everyone to stop. Future rounds may go 2 compound rule or something else but will need to be announced early.
  20. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi All,
    Server04 currently has 10 cars of each... I still don't have a clear idea of who wants to drive what...
    Only 2 teams have given me numbers (don't feel bad 3 of my own team ppl have gone MIA)
    It'll be pretty easy to change entry list if we need more or less of a model car... but once official prac starts it's locked...
    We'll have to put up with the "but I wanted to drive the ****" :D