Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

2. NPRK

NPRK New Recruit

Thanks Guys, Great racing and fun
  3. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yep, really enjoying this season. These cars produce some pretty close racing all through the field. WD Godzilla for the round win and Shaun for that effort with no FFB.:eek:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Well that was one of the hardest drives I have ever had to do. Lost force feedback almost 2 hours before the race and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it back, my wheel is fried. I thought it would be easier having a lighter wheel, but having to steer without self centring made it incredibly difficult.
    For qual, I somehow managed to pull a ripper last lap to grab pole on the flag. Fist-pumped the air simply because I didn't think it was possible to get back into the 7s.
    Race 1 I got a good start and focused on keeping Marty behind. He learnt that I can be quite difficult to overtake. Had an incredible race and crossed the line in first.
    Race 2 was a different story, racing in a pack with no FF is more difficult than just driving and was hoping to have a few people fall off, some did, but a tag from Marty dropped me back too far to grab the positions I needed to get the round win. I believe that honour goes to Godzilla who got a 2nd and 1st, so congrats mate. I'm hoping I was able to just manage 2nd overall as that would be a mega result considering my handicap.

Cheers for the racing guys
  5. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Love the signature, big thumbs up whoever designed that beast :p
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  6. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Can someone upload Race 1 replay file. For some reason mine didn't save.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well that was awesome, had a decent lap on my first run in quali then couldn’t improve on the second, up a little and down a lot over every attempt, cant complain with the second row though, keeps me a little away from @marty and any potential team mate incidents... :)

Clean enough start in race one and ended up in p3 after a few laps being chased by @tezpez85 some serious pressure there, spent as much time looking in the rear view as I did forward wondering where you will try to go for a pass, awesome clean driving there, just managed to hold on , bad luck @marty at the end, but I’ll gladly take second.

Race two I managed to keep it clean off the start and somehow get through all the incidents mostly unscathed, after the dust settled found myself in 2nd chasing @jlynn777 who was a little ways down the road and also being hunted by JayJay who had some decent speed, defenitly faster then me through the first section. Was closing in at about .4 per lap on @jlyyn777 but wasn’t sure I could make a clean pass stick, luckily he went a bit deep in to t1 and let me through. All I could think about for the final lap was that my net may drop out as it’s been prety crap last few days (thanks nbn). Thankfully that didn’t happen, I would not have wanted to be the poor iiNet guy on the other end of that phone call if it did...

My second win racing with ROOZ, and also a most consistent I believe as well, happy days and awesome racing :)
  8. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@Godzilla
    Dude, that was top defensive driving. I was getting quite scrappy towards the end, but you just had the car in all the right places.
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Godzilla likes this.
  9. niterida

niterida New Recruit

Hey guys - my setup just can't handle these races - count me out for the rest of the season :(
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks, was doing all I could not to leave the apexes open and getting out of the corners well.
  11. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Well done Shaun and Godzilla.
    That was an intense round, Estoril had my car feeling on the edge everywhere.
    Second race was obviously the highlight for me but had a fun battle with Doublevision in the first one, was a bit tricky as he would warp around every now and then. Got alongside him in the T13 parabolica and should of nailed him at T1 but I went wide at T2 and it was an arm wrestle for the position until T6. Then a lonely race to the finish...maybe I should get used to @ed40t finishing only 1 spot in front of me? ;)
    Second race starting on the second row made life easier, although I was lucky to survive the first couple laps with the angry pack nipping at my heels.
    After T2 I was holding full lock to the left trying to hold a slide I was nudged into, which let Ed slip past. Got lucky when Pakour went wide at the T4 hairpin. As things were heating up for the lead I got an easy double overtake T1 lap 2, Ed chickened out when he and Mesafto came together right in front of me, and I inherited a 6 second lead over Godzilla.

I could see you carving my lead away every lap, especially once you broke away from Jay Jay (good race :)). You were pretty close on the straight on the last lap and figured that was your time to have a go, so I tried braking a bit later and ended up locking the rears.
    Shame for me but you were way faster, great chase down :) wish I made you earn it though :unsure: still a second place is fun, would rather I got it in the first race but I'll still take it :thumbsup:
    Thanks all, looking forward to Eastern Creek
    krunch, ed40t and Godzilla like this.
  12. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks for the racing last night. Very enjoyable series so far.

R1 - Got a decent start making a place or two. Had some wheel to wheel action with Parkour which was exciting! Was chasing Krunch down over a few laps for 11th position, but he was able eek out a bit more pace and pull away. Nice one Krunch.

R2- Got a decent start on Parkour, making it to the inside of T1 and 1st place. Led for 2 laps and unfortunately got hit by teamy ED40 at T1. Was trying to make my way back from 13th place and had to avoid a T1 incident with Marty Shaun and NPRK and ran off track. Recovered from 18th back to 13th position.
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    krunch likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Well done Godzilla on the round win and great effort Shaun with no FFB. I dont think I would have even tried to run without and if I did would have been nowhere near as competitive.

Race 1 for me was a great battle with Shaun, he did amazingly well with no ffb. Clearly he was a bit off his regular pace due to this but positioned his car very well to not really gave me any real looks but I tried hard all race. Was close with me only giving him a tiny tap t1 lap 1 that luckily didnt have any effect. Second last lap I got a good run onto the main straight, moved inside but Shaun had that covered. I switched back quickly to the outside but at this point missed my brake marker by a long way. Went outside and way wide through the sand throwing away 2 more spots. :cry: Was fun until that brain fart though :D

Full race 1 video showing my onboard, looking back from Shaun and TV cams.

Race 2 just went from bad to worse some bad luck, one bit of good luck that turned sour quick. I also gave Shaun a silly little tap that was un expected and made him have a big crash. My car must have got much better traction and I ran into the back of him after the exit as I was recovering from a crash the turn before. This probably wasnt helped by his no ffb as he likely would not have lost it otherwise but would have been a very unexpected contact for him.

Here is a video of my race 2 disaster, Shauns contact was 100% my fault the others I dont think I could have done much different with the tezpez contact though he must not have seen me so I would say racing incident. The one with Jason I did run a bit past the apex so not entirely blameless but didnt expect that sort of contact from there. Also was weird as my rear just got lifted up giving me no hope of saving it from a spin.

14. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Love the banter Jlynn! WD to Godzilla for the round win great driving mate.

I tried last night but just didnt have the practice going in to keep up with the top guys and ended up trying a little too hard, my pace was around midfield, still had fun racing though! The quality of the field these days you really need to prep to have any chance of challenging for a win! Epic series.

I took out my team mate Mesafto 100% my fault and then punted Jason pretty hard on the last lap so sorry mate, dont know what happened it was like my wheel froze and brakes or steering didnt even respond, like a deliberate punt for no reason. I think I might have a dust buildup on the wheel or connection somewhere will have to check it out.
    jlynn777, jasondull1986 and marty like this.
  15. NPRK

NPRK New Recruit

Why didn't my replay save ??
  16. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

sometimes due to size and quality setting?
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Practice servers are up for next round, Eastern creek which will be an enduro of 46 laps around 1hr 10minutes. There will be a compulsory stop with pit window from laps 6-40 and you must use both compounds during the race. Track download link is in the 1st post and will be different to what you may find elsewhere as it has a few more grid spots. The track has a 29 car capacity but we only had 26 last round with 27 rnd 2 so all that want a race should be able to get in.

Locked entry server is in current Unofficial stracker season order (this will be updated to official list) I have put that server on with a long 120 min practice, 15 min qualy and full length race distance. This will allow people to be able to test some long runs in the practice session or skip to race. Grip should start the same at 99 each time and have a slow build up but a bit quicker then on the actual race night as there wont be as many in the practice server.

The sprint server is same as usual with 100% grip, 10 min qualy and 2x 6 lap races reversed race 2.
    tezpez85, Rolz and Anon666 like this.
  18. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Somewhere on this thread someone mentioned setting the maximum file size for replay. If we go for longer races then the threshold becomes a problem. More than 1gb, i think, AC will not save the file because the replay is larger than the threshold.
    I believe there is one setting in the Settings for replay size, then there is another config file on C: if you want more than 1gb.
    Rolz likes this.
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah that contact was weird. From my side I went in leaving you the apex and as you drifted wide we bumped side on then you launched over my bonnit I just thought you must of been punted from behind as the contact from our incident was minor.
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Was there an issue with the pit entry around here? Like the first pit boxes are easy to overshoot? Think I remember something along those lines being discussed in the GT-R season...