Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I dont remember but people should just slow enough to make their box, you can test the locked entry server as this will have your pit box. This may change slightly once official standings are out as I just used stracker points for current grid order.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I think it was pit entry... easy to hit full tilt... do we run entry like GTR season or F2004 into Monza pit?
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having tested pit entry to Estoril I found you really needed to brake a fair bit before the line to keep the car in control when in auto brakes as it would snap sideways very easily. We can have a gentelmens agreement for people to slow before entry to avoid getting a big gain on those with earlier pit boxes. Unfortunatly there is no easy way to monitor pit entry speed and not having a manual limiter or pit lane speed penalties is a poor design choice in AC.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Guys there has just been an update to the mod v1.1

WHATS NEW IN VERSION 1.1 :
    • Cars Centre of Gravity (CoG) have been lowered
    • Default suspensions settings changed to suit new CoG and raised the default (spawn) front ride height
    • Aerodynamics adjusted to match last obtainable real live figures
    • Tires are Kuno’s original data now
    • Aussie Driver Search Liveries
    I just tested this and found it considerably more driveable then the previous version, tyres aren't as weird on slow speed exits like last version. I found in old version that giving 5% more throttle then optimal would fully spin up both rear wheels and pretty much hit the limiter which was a bit odd.

Suspension wise I found it handle the curbs at eastern creek much better and aero wise at speed it does point in a lot better at t1 there the previous version was a bit of a snow plow. The setups will need adjusting as mine was fairly broken in terms of ride height, camber and toe settings. But all I did was load my old setup then adjust all of these to get the same live readings as in previous version. Car was considerably faster too but this is very limited laps at Eastern creek with 13 on the old car doing 1:31.2 and about 8 in the new car about 1 second faster.

I think people will likely have less trouble keeping this on the track but its not going to be easy on the limit. Tyres just behave like official AC slicks where the v1 was a bit different.

http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/downloads.html

Servers are still on the old build as it would be good for others to give this build a test and see if they would want to switch for this round or not.

To switch between versions just copy over whichever one you want to run, I just tested 1.1 then installed 1.0 back in and was able to get into the 1.0 servers without issue.

I will load one of my Marty's servers up with 1.1 using the same setup as the Sprint server at Eastern creek if anyone wants a direct comparison in MP.

EDIT: All my servers are on v1.1 for now as my setup shares the content folder for all servers and so they all need to run the same mod version.
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    kylemaher23, Anon666, krunch and 5 others like this.
  5. Rolz

Nice one Marty!
    jlynn777 likes this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Oh ok, from this angle I totally understand - this was essentially a similar situation to what happened to me and Ed last round. You probably didn't expect me to take apex and you were completely unsighted to me, so yeah, racing incident :thumbsup:
    marty likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Round Results
    [​IMG]

Season Standings
    [​IMG]
    kylemaher23, krunch, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  8. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Just tested the v1.1 update and it feels incredible. It does turn more at higher speeds, but once you tune for that and get used to it, it feels mega compared the v1.0. Faster and so much more fun
    marty likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having run both a bit tonight 1.1 is my preferred choice but we need most to agree to the update.

I think we need to make a decision by tomorrow night, I likely wont be around but as a few do run then if they could try both and then give their choice in the thread after.

Marty's RaceOnOz test 1 V8SC-2018 v1.1(MR-AB) server is running 1.1 as the name suggests setup exactly the same as. ;)
    RaceOnOZ.com Server03-Eastern Creek-V8SC v2018(MR-AB+)Sprint which is running v1.0 and its easy to switch between the 2 by simply unpacking the other version over the top.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Kind of feel like it’s lost some of it’s character if I’m honest.
    Shaun_A likes this.
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Monday night's race was pretty enjoyable. I managed to hang consistently in 11th hoping to mix it with jlynn and doublevision just in front. I could not quite latch onto their battle until towards the end and although I tried to apply some pressure to DV he was holding out. Unfortunately he spun on the last lap (unlucky mate) and I can't claim to have been pressuring him much at that point - but I'll take 10th :).

Now I notice peeps on here seem to be referring to a race 2 on Monday night? What race 2? I don't remember a race 2...
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yes! I think this happened to me on ... errr ... I don't remember exactly - but I'm sure it happened to me!
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Checking some onboard laps at Eastern creek seems that extra tarmac on exit of T5 is useable track. A bit strange but also in the version we have its fairly bumpy but we should be free to use it. Probably not an advantage to over use it in my few tests.

[​IMG]

Also from the onboards it seems cars are using the middle gear set, 285kmh max or there abouts. ;)

Couldnt find any more recent videos but lap times would be closer in 1.1 then 1.0 from this practice session. Not sure what the fastest is in current cars but would think under 1:29 which is not possible in 1.0 but looks likely in the real cars.
    Rolz likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

15. Shaun_A

The run off at turn 5 was penalised on the actual race weekend. It is still considered as exceeding track limits
  16. Shaun_A

marty likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok thats strange then as all onboard laps were using that and one with Skaife commentary even said on exit use all this extra road. I did try a couple laps and purposefully carrying more speed in to use more exit was slower and very unstable, being just on the edge was maybe a 1 tenth gain but a perfect entry and not abusing this would likely be the same.

It did seem odd to me they considered this to be track but then its also an odd bit of tarmac to add, maybe it was just a safety thing as if that was grass or sand it could have had big accidents with small errors.

Here is the fastest lap in the World time attack and no abuse here.

Shame they mounted the camera so badly but at that speed I think he would have got very unstable over the bump but it may not have been considered legal for this event.
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  18. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@marty - I'm getting a checksum failure on the locked prac server, but I'm ok with test 1 server. Is the locked prac server on 1.0?
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

I was getting checksum on 6lap sprint, but assumed that it hadn't been updated to v1.1 of v8sc
    So did some prac laps on Marty's server that had been updated to v1.1
    Didn't test the locked entry prac server
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Both sprint and Locked entry are still on 1.0 and worked for me yesterday. Only the Marty's RaceOnOZ servers currently have 1.1 unless Rolz updated them as I didnt update the cars on the official ROOZ servers.

@Anon666 is keen to update the season to 1.1 so if he makes the official call here I will update all the servers. For now people can still test both but its going to be 1.1 unless someone finds critical issues in the update.
    krunch likes this.