Season 3 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 21, 2018.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

It works in the endurance series because tuning is on. You specify starting fuel and tyres as part of your setup, choices you don't get when using default setups. The bug is with the default setups that gets loaded when the session loads, people don't always get the same fuel levels. As tuning has been ruled out, I doubt we will be able to run fuel burn without a new bug fix.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    people are welcome to come and try gt sport for a season if they want to give fuel burn and tyre wear a try
    seth123, Mustafur and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

When we did test this a while back we couldn't select a setup on default could we? Now we can with the stable and loose.. maybe if we all selected loose or stable on the race screen this could solve the issue - maybe its worth testing again?
  4. its-benny-racer

I'd much rather stick with tyres that feel like they're made of rubber and have air in them, not wheels with grip numbers wrapped around them. Scoff at that all you want, but tyre feel and behaviour is one of the most important aspects of car racing, the fact that PD can't be bothered spending more than 5 minutes trying to make them realistic just kills it for me.
    v8power383, Anthonyb and Kart-No-1 like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Tell us how you really feel
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you are entitled to your opinion. I was merely making a point that it seems we have 2 sides of a coin on offer at raceonoz for sunday night leagues.
    We had a couple guys try pcars this season and good luck to them, I hope they are enjoying themselves. Just as we are enjoying ourselves over at gt sport with the multiple tyre strategies that are working well this season :)
    JonoStan96, seth123 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    How dare you not follow the realistic sim community of project cars rotfl
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

How dare I highlight key advantages of PC2 in a PC2 thread. How dare I knock the precious Gran Turismo brand!
    v8power383, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just to eliminate confusion, I almost dislike both games equally I just play GT sport cause it functions a little better at least, I do own both and sometimes get bored and cut laps on Pc1 cause the wheel settings I ended up with weren’t too shabby

Shutting down Hatfield cause he cheekily promoted GT Sport, haha seriously how old are we now. This is a community you can choose to do any series you want but a certain few members definitely have the teeth out if it isn’t a PC2 selection hey!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I didn't know you needed a strategy to know when to hit the pause button to get new tyres but I guess it depends on the track
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that was a fun glitch until pd fixed it a few days later
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

I'm grown up enough to know that you or some other GTS player would be all over it before I even hit the post button.
    I think the term "Shutting down" is pretty strong, I just wanted to make sure that aware that gaining tyre strategy in GTS comes at a cost.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Hey guys, the other day. Finally got fibre installed *PARTYTIME* but as great as it is it introduced a issue I’ve seen some of the guys have that I haven’t.. the constant disconnection from sessions and chat problems. I have since made some changes to my modem and at the isp end and those issues have gone.
    What is seems to boil down to I think is that the PS3 and 4 don’t play nice with some NAT & IPV6 configurations on fibre and VDSL connections. So what I did was this..
    • Called my ISP and had CGN (carrier grade NAT) turned off
    • Logged into my modem and turned off all options that relate to an IPV6 connection
    • Turned off my modem and ONT (fibre Optical Network Terminal) for at least 5mins to allow for a new IP address to be assigned by the ISP
    After this the issue has disappeared (touch wood). Before this I did a Speedtest on Ookla and could see I had an IPV6 address assigned and that afterwards I had an IPV4. And to answer the number one question - I saw zero drop in ping, jitter, packet loss or speed.

For those on a 4G/LTE connection, I don’t know if this is possible to change but if you can then fingers crossed.

Hope that this helps you out there.. RACEON!! (OZ) ;)
    stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@v8power383 this might help you
  17. its-benny-racer

Actually, all of those issues would have been fixed by having CGN turned off. With CGN turned on, your modem has a private IP on the internet side (a private IP is one that can't be hit directly from another internet connected device, similar to your internal IP addresses). Up until now I had never seen a fixed line connection use CGN.

Mobile connections (4G etc) pretty much all use CGN, and have for many years now, I doubt your ISP will even have an option to disable that and you can be sure it will cost a good chunk of change if they can.

I would be happy to explain how NAT and CGN work if anyone really wants the gory details, but I won't nerd the thread up more than I have to.
    stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  18. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Hey ya Benny,

Funny enough that’s what the ISP said, but being the person I am tested after each step and found that just having the CGN turned off didn’t help, it wasn’t until after disabling all IPV6 did the issue resolve itself.

But anyways I was hit with an issue I’ve never had myself but always seen and look at how to solve it. Found the fix and thought I would share to ease others frustrations - sharing the knowledge and all since it hadn’t been mentioned before.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    @Racepace We will have a season 4 entry thread but put your name down here if you're interested in the Pcars2 Sunday racing league.
    Admins, he's Div 1 pace if you want to slot him in somewhere.
    Racepace and stucar17 like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ill get the season 4 entry thread up today with the limited info i have already......
    Racepace and Spidey_11 like this.