GT Sport Season 3 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Pretty dodgy race all in all.

Qual put me 7th on a 1:52.3, knew it would be tough from there.

Ended up getting stuck behind @Hatfield until i went round the outside at the chase. On my end i got a tap which sent me into a halfspin and pushed hat into the sand. I readressed even though i shouldnt have.

Pitted onto mediums lap 13 to get the undercut only to come out just behind @holdenman05. Eventually got by after hemorraging time to hat. He stayed in front. @Russell made a mistake at Skyline and unghosted into the dipper just as i got there. Yaaayyyy.

Ended up fighting @CAB77 on fresher rubber after he chucked a Russell into the pits and forgot to put fuel in, and ended up 8th after Russell chucked a Russell into the chase on the last lap.
    Russell, Hatfield and xlxy90 like this.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: 12th goes to @Noremac, who disconnected on Lap 6
    13th Mustafur (DNF)
    [​IMG]
    Normxc 1:52.120
    Mustafur (no lap time set)
  3. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Here's my tip don't stuck behind holdenman cause he's slowwwwww, can't wait to get out of this car;)
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    and I hear he defends so well, it's utterly frustrating!!
    StigsTC and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    We have had some cool battles this season. Your pace has been very fast all season. A ounce of luck is worth a ton of skill out here sometimes.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Bit of a setback in my recovery. So I definitely won't be able to race this season.
    Good luck to all for the rest of the season.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and hope to be back asap.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok guys .... info for NEXT SEASON !

We will be having a big cross platform prize draw pack NEXT season (season 4), final details and prizes will be confirmed as i get it all sorted...
    Can confirm though...
    1 x T300RS Wheel
    [​IMG]

1 x PX 24 Turtle Beach Headset
    [​IMG]
    1 x Stealth 500P Thrustmaster Headset
    [​IMG]

'Possible" 2 x C3 Ignition Control button Boxes.... PC and PS4 compatible (still negotiating)
    [​IMG]

As more prizes (hopefully) are confirmed we will look at best way to promote them, and the sponsor providing it....
    Am hoping for a couple more things ;)

(shamelessly copied off @stucar17 )
    razor4797 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 5 : Nurburgring 24h - 12 laps - 20:30 Sunny Endurance Twilight Round - 17/6
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 AEDT (WITH EARLY QUALIFYING, WE CAN MAKE SURE WE GET IN OUR ONE OUT AND ONE TIMED LAP AND LATECOMERS CAN JUMP IN TO QUALIFY ON ARRIVAL)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : You can start on either RH or RM tyres. But MUST at least use RH during the race at some point.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Need a break, see you guys at the finale
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Awesome track, dumb car. Thinking about thinking about looking at a kerb sends it into a 360 spin. Unless you are @KeedenMcdonald
    JonoStan96 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am not a fan of the ring but am willing to give it a go.

qualified poorly starting last bar the late joining @GT-71CKL
    During the first lap on the GP circuit, picked up a few spots through the first 2 turns and with others spinning.
    Was a train of about 5 to 6 cars on the ring after that which was good fun.
    Had to fuel save on lap 5 to keep with my strat and this meant I held up @Russell & @Motors560 as they were charging through.
    @Bryan_F pitted on lap 6 and came out in front of me.
    But he kept it in front and then presumably went back to fuel save mode on the ring. Dirty air was enough to see me off and this ruined my shot at beating him :(
    Pitted with 3 to go and put the mediums on and set after @razor4797
    Caught him on the 2nd last lap as he was struggling with a few minor offs and put a pass down on the ring which was probably my first ever legit ring pass.
    Came home a relieved 7th
  13. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    13 Bass_71CKL (stuck on grid)

[​IMG]
    Normxc 7:40.114
    TRL_holl01 7:52.531
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @GT-71CKL
    Why didn’t you request a restart after getting stuck on the grid? We were running on time.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I thought tickle was div 2
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he moved up mid-season
  17. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Qualified 4th, my best so far this season. Made a good start and managed to get mint of the line. Then motors managed to squeeze up the inside into turn 4. I realized he had mediums and was happy to follow. A silly mistake put me back to 5th with mint and stig getting past. Stig looked like he wasnt fully settled first lap. Which allowed me with a cool overtake, one of the very few i have ever made stick here. I slowly caught back up to motors as his mediums were starting to give. Got myself back into 3rd and my pace was ok. I never really had the the speed to go with mint, but i was hoping to stay in touch incase he made a mistake. If he made a mistake i made more lol. Stig pitted lap 9 which gave him a bit better rubber towards the end and managed to bring down a healthy gap, he was coming for me! The last 2 laps i was really starting to tighten up with some nerves and was busting to go to the toilet since lap 3 lol. But i managed to limit the mistakes and hold some pace to grab my first podium of the season. Congratulations beau. Great drive mint.
    Luke, REVO_Bryan, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  18. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified 8th with a 7.37 lap time. Would have been on the second row had i not spun at the corner before the Karussell. I knew the hards were the tyre to be on for the race but i knew track position would be vital around here so decided to start on mediums to make my way through the field.

Let's just say the start from my POV was epic. Started 8th and by the time i was on the Nordschleife i was 2nd behind Beau. He soon started pulling away so i focussed on doing consistent lap times. By the end of the first lap Beau had extended the gap and Mint was all over me eventually letting him through easily on the GP circuit. By the third lap the tyres were feeling very second hand and Russell was now starting to catch up. He eventually got by when i gave it to much right foot coming out of a corner and lost momentum. Lap 4 the tyres were dead and i lost several seconds to everyone. Pitted at the end of the lap 4 and put the hards on.

The out lap was frustrating. Both Bryan and Hat stayed out on their older tyres and i couldn't find a way to cleanly pass them. I eventually worked my way past Bryan and quickly gained the 5 second gap to Hat. I lost around 6-8 seconds to Russell on that one lap alone and now Stig was gaining after i ran off the road at Turn 1. I held him for nearly a full lap before he got past with an overtake that put me into the armco barrier. Wasn't particularly thrilled about that but pressed on anyway. I pitted lap 8 with the hope of undercutting Stig however that went out the window when i spun on the outlap. Had i not done that i would have been several seconds ahead of Stig as he rejoined only slightly ahead. After that the plan was to keep within 25 seconds of Stig with the intent of protesting his overtake from earlier in the race. However that too went out the window when i slightly bumped an apex nearly the end of the lap that sent me into a tornado like spin. After that Bryan on his one stop was all over me but with fresher tyres and the gap to Stig to big i simply cruised home to finished 5th. Overall it was a good race for me. It's been a difficult re-introduction to div 1 racing but i'll take these results when i can get them. Congrats to the podium especially Russell you were solid all race. See you next week :thumbsup:
    Russell likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Any chance we can move the race forward a hour? Origin.