Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok I will add you in and you should be able to get a start for the remaining rounds as we have 32+ cars but I think still max was 27 to start a race. I will put you ahead of all those that entered and have yet to race just let me know which car you want to drive.

For the coming non points round I dont know how it will be run or even what tracks will be used. It may use the locked server method with team skins or just be an open passworded server with a mix of cars as it will likely have less numbers then a regular championship round.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

added to whitelist :)
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Any of the new guys who raced in the last few weeks who haven't been added to a team chat yet??
  4. Rolz

Andrew Le into TTB please
    Andrew Le likes this.
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, done.
    Andrew Le and Rolz like this.
  6. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Yeah i was right behind you @mesafto, don't think @jlynn777 realized i was right there.
  7. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

What time do people usually get on for practice tonight?
  8. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I will be on somewhere about 7:30pm - 8:00pm as I am most nights :)
    ed40t likes this.
  9. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

You should check the replays....more than a cars width of room up my inside (because that's where Mesafto was). You went too deep IMO
  10. Rolz

As soon as the wife lets me :roflmao: Should be about 7:30 AEST :laugh:
    ed40t, Godzilla and jlynn777 like this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’ll be on between 5:30-6 Perth time
    ed40t and Rolz like this.
  12. VeloXR

VeloXR New Recruit

Awesome. I'd like to drive the ford.
  13. Snoopy

Snoopy New Recruit

PSN ID
    Formerly Michael Schafferius
    Hi guys,
    I'm fairly new to sim racing but would love to jump in for the last bit of the season to learn the ropes.
    Is this possible? If so how do i go about registering.
    Talk soon.
    Michael.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Rolz

Hey mate, share ur GUID here - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...username-guid-join-the-rooz-steam-group.1370/ That way u can join our servers with no MR license.
    Then read the first post and after that look for RaceOnOZ.com servers in AC
    Also get discord - helps to chat to guys to assist if u have issues... This Monday is a non-points round due to public holiday, but gives you enough time to learn whats needed. :)
    marty likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok I will add you in to the next round in the Ford. Check the first post and download all you need, also make sure you can get into the practice servers well before the race night as if there is an issue and its already too late it may not be able to adjust the entry list on the night.

I will check the entries for the next official round which is not the coming Monday but the one after. Let me know which car you would like and I will add you as a reserve but you are very likely to get a start if you want one.

For the coming Monday keep your eye on this thread for further info as it will be a no points round and a good time to get in some larger field racing before jumping into the main season.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Hey all, unfortunatly Minorating has been shut down so we have had to remove the plugins and its auth limits. This means the practice servers are currently open to all except the locked entry one which is for those on the entry list for the coming round.

We can see how this goes as there may be less muppets around these days. If people are in the sprint server and are having issues with too many randoms that get in we can either password this or use stracker to set a whitelist.

My "Marty's" servers will also be shut down next week as they were expiring then anyway, I was unsure if I should keep it going another year. They really dropped off this year anyhow and I wasnt using them for anything but league track tests recently even then hardly anyonenused them. I have left one up for this week to see how having it open to all effects the useage but it will be closed in 8 days.
    krunch, c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  17. Snoopy

Snoopy New Recruit

PSN ID
    Formerly Michael Schafferius
    Hi guys,

Thanks for info, I’m up and running now. It might be posted somewhere but do we know what track the no point round is? Wanna get some laps in tonight to get a feel for the car.

Talk soon.
  18. Rolz

@Anon666 will let us know soon for tomorrow... I think the plan is a track most of us don’t have much experience with... but to get used to the car, jump onto the Brands Hatch circuit... tight and very challenging
    kylemaher23 likes this.
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry lads, been a fudging chaotic weekend. Now, this round is a non-championship round so no need to bring you pink slips along. We will be having 2 shortish races, no pitstop or tyre requirements, just do a few laps and have a race. We will be trialling 2 qual variations though as variety is the spice of life and all that jazz. Please note we will kick off at 8.45pm (NOT 9pm) AEST to allow a bit of extra time for faffing. In saying that don't panic if you're late, just jump in and join as the first race won't kick off until about 9.15pm.

Race 1 will have everyone enter the server at 8.45pm as per normal for practice, only practice will be Q1. Given this is a combo few will have done much running on, we will make it a 20 min session. Once Q1 is over we will go into a 8 minute Q2 session for the top 10 drivers. It is very important that those outside the top 10 stay off the track, even 1 stray could screw the pooch on this one. I personally will be jumping on board with the quick guys to get an idea of braking and gear choices, but equally you can use your time to pee or catch up with bookfarce. Once Q2 is done, we are off to the race and the rest is as per normal.

Race 2 is much simpler. We will have a 15 min Qual session only, no practice here just to save time. At the 9 min mark all those outside the top 10 will leave the track and jump back to pits - you may complete your current lap, but anyone sneaking in an extra will start from pitlane. Do not drive back to the pits, just pull off and stop, then exit back to pits. Again, good opportunity to watch others and learn where you can find a tenth or 2. Obviously the rest writes itself.

Finally, where the heckins are we racing?? Well after exhaustive testing... 2 laps at least, I am going back to a ROOZ favourite. Race 1 will be at Blackwood GP and race 2 will be at Blackwood GP Reverse! 32 pitboxes so there is plenty of room and a really nice flowing track that will challenge, esp going backwards. Both races will be 19 laps. Hopefully are server overlords will have enough time to get is all organised?? Thanks again @Rolz and @marty.
    Godzilla, Rolz, Bogor and 1 other person like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will set the servers up, track has a grid limit of 32, so its would be the same as the Brands round. It may be easier to just have a passworded server with pass given on the night with an equal mix of the 3 car models and regular default skins. Otherwise we will need to mess with the entry list a fair bit for the only benefit of team skins assuming others want to race not currently in the season and possibly a few may take the night off being a non points round.

Best everyone tries to get the track asap if they don't have it as RD at times is very slow and if you try get it too late you may miss the first race.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    krunch, Rolz, Godzilla and 1 other person like this.