Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Track is dry enough to change to slicks after 10 laps
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Tried to get on for testing last night but no one else joined, then I got booted twice from my own lobby so gave up. I did manage a 15 min practice using the qualifying settings and there were no puddles? Not sure what was going on. Would be keen to test full distance tonight just to confirm track settings if anyone is available?
  3. arnold watson

arnold watson Rookie

track conditions vary from one full race to the next without changing anything sometimes very wet and slippery and sometimes a lot better you wont know if your changing tyres could be up to two laps difference.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

[​IMG]

ROUND 5 : HOCKENHEIM GP : 22 LAPS : 1/7/18 - WET TO DRY RACE

- Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - LIGHT RAIN)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - (Light rain / Medium Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear )
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

This is a lap when the rain has wet the track to its full extent, and the following lap the rain stops.

Areas to watch out for:

[​IMG]
    Turn 3. This is just at the end of sector 1, there are two patches on the circuit. The first is mid corner which will make the rear step out, and the second is on the outside (right side) of the track on the exit. This latter patch gets worse after the rain stops and will pull you off the circuit, so try to avoid this bit.

[​IMG]
    Middle straight. This is just after the sector 1 timing mark and also has 2 sections. The first part is almost all of the left hand bend, and is unavoidable. Just try to control the drift as best you can. The second part is a strip across the circuit just shortly after the first section ends. This one is also unavoidable, but will only upset the car if you are turning sharply as you hit it.

[​IMG]Turn 5 hairpin. Big puddle forms on the inside. Will slow you down heaps.

[​IMG]
    Turn 6. This one also seems to get worse as the rain stops, with the second strip closest to the turn forming first, and then the first strip as the rain stops. No sudden turns and you will be ok.

[​IMG]
    Turn 8. Stay wide of this one, it will turn you around.

[​IMG]
    Turn 9. This is just entering the stadium section, and is off line so is easy to avoid under most circumstances, but just be aware it is there as it will pull you off the circuit.

[​IMG]
    Turn 10. Right in the braking zone. A big strip and then a narrow strip. Avoid turning and you will be fine.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. A number of danger areas, Turn 1, Turn 5 hairpin exit, Turn 6 outside, Turn 8 outside, and running wide on the final double right. Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. Of course you will need to change tyres to SEMI-SLICK as the track dries. You will need to save a Caterham strategy, with 1L of fuel, SEMI-SLICK tyres and turn off all damage repairs. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Hockenheim is just before you round the final turn on the right hand side of the circuit, and is very tricky as there are two strips of water as you turn along the pit lane just before you cross the control line. You will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.

PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the entry to TURN 2. You must remain to the right inside the exit lines and be aware of fast approaching traffic. If you are on the circuit and approaching the pit exit as someone is exiting, be sure to make some room to avoid contact. If you time it right, and you are side by side with a driver as you exit, you will be up to race pace as you enter the braking zone for turn 2, so you will be able to challenge for the turn. However, a dive under the brakes is not recommended on cold tyres. A little courtesy can avoid ruining 2 races...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests at all so far which is brilliant work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

A tricky round this one. Good luck all.
    PaulCox likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey mate.....did you get sorted for this weeks race ???
    Light rain for qual...
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Crap!! Here’s the wet lap

PaulCox likes this.
  7. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    All sorted. :( Was practicing with slicks in rain :roflmao:.
    Sorry in advance. I will try very hard not to hit other racers. Was following @Dosy who was cruising and I was tank slapping everywhere. Enjoyed the track and car .......when dry:D
    Thanks again to all organisers/admin for the opportunity to race with considerate, fun minded racers.:)
    PaulCox and Anthonyb like this.
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    thats bloody quick mate, fair bit behind u there
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    2.06.......best lap.....think im more than happy to sit in pits and get last in qulaify so i dont :):):):) yas up
  10. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Won't turn in, more throttle
    Turns in too much, more throttle
    Too sideways, more throttle
    Not enough sideways, more throttle
    Can't keep in straight line, more throttle
    Not sure what your doing, more throttle

key points too a good lap

If in doubt throttle out
    PaulCox likes this.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    all my practice was done on semi slicks, full rain and all. Doh.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    im out please dont wait and as usually sorry.....think might call it for awhile untill i move and get happy in a new place
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I qualied on pole and got jumped by Arnold at the start, a race full of little bits of hairyness everywhere and i was up and down the leaderboard, led for a bit, then dropped back when it started to dry off.

Didn't change tyres and pitted late, the tyres were like cheese and i was sliding around worse in the dry. And to top it all off, 10 second penalty entering pit lane when the limiter button didn't respond first time.

I was pretty shocked how bad i was this round, but well done to Arnold on the right call with pits and tyres and keeping it on the black stuff when it mattered.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    I was my usual self good start held 5th or 6th for a while then back to 7 most of race , pitted got my 1l fuel but my tires where not changed and where to do so in my pit strat. ??? Have no idea what happened however i drove around the full race still on my wets! go figure! lost 2 positions for sure on those tires, never happened to me before in any previous race when selecting tires to be changed! thanks all for the race though!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Bad luck disturboed.. yeah this race man. Was fairly clean driving through out though from where I was, was fun sitting back in 3rd watching disturboed and arnold battle it out for a while :)

Must say that tyre change arnold was golden.. thought despite the tyres being not that great later on had no idea it woulda been that much of a difference! On the test runs I did, you get the feeling the track tyres are good enough cause you do get faster after about lap 5 consistently but it turns out they had a limit in the end.

I personally hadn't practiced too much wasn't fussed about the rain tbh haha thankfully the track didn't have too many demons. Overall happy with my result, I was nervous come quali though as I was miles off the pace in the practice room and while I bettered that in Quali my focus was yet again to just be consistent and find the extra pace as the race went along, turns out by the race end there wasn't much in the overall race pace from top to bottom besides the black sheep arnold who was 3 seconds quicker than everyone else on his new tyres ;)

Big thanks to all who showed tonight and this leaderboard now.. not much in it at all. Final 2 rounds should be fun :)

Just to clarify also with the enduro is it double points?
    Ad2mny and Telum like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    enduro is not double points
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  19. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    yes please @Ad2mny, phone went flat before end of race so couldn't take piccies.

@kayne greenwood i reckon those "track" tyres were a much softer compound which is why they heated up in the wet conditions and were so much faster than the semi-slicks in the wet, but once it got dry, they got hot quite quickly and hence the lack of grip. Mind you, it was FUN, it just wasn't FAST. Got some majorly good drifts going, especially linking the final 2 turns or around the top of the stadium section, but the rears would be melting.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    kayne greenwood and Ad2mny like this.
  20. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah lesson learn for all of us as every rain event we have done required no change of tyres but this one, guess you can never be too certain!
    Ad2mny likes this.