Season IV - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if enough people want to, we can run a fun race tonight
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    lets do a few casual 5 lappers over different tracks for some fun maybe?
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Yea im keen
    PaulCox likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok i'll put a room up once the kids are in bed and see how we go :)
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    me and russell have had 2 weeks or so just running 5 laps for practice and had alot of fun...doesnt have to be any special time i guess, just join when ya see a few of us online:)....cause ill be jumping on very soon so if ya see me pop in
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry something came up and I can't open a room reliably for a decent amount of time
  7. Kartdude45

Kartdude45 Rookie

I Agree, it's Kinda annoying to considering i could make the full calendar on the sign up thread, but now with 2 breaks ill miss 2 rounds :(
    Kieran_B33, PaulCox and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    is the enduro round a 100% race this week? gona run a few practice races and want to get the distance right
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it is mate unless the rules have changed
    i'm out tomoro night fellas & also out for the Belgian race after the calender change
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Ran a 50% and 2 100% races last nite on 100% ai and placed...3rd 4th 4th...with no penaltys....pretty happy with that even know i know my pace is going to be down.
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R5 - British Grand Prix - 52 Laps
    Previous Winner: @its-benny-racer
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has become far too frequent and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    ill have a practice lobby open running 5 lap races or even just free practice before the race if anyone is keen look me up and join in...:)
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yo @MINT_GTR is going to be joining us tonight (maybe), make sure you have him added before Hat opens the lobby tonight. :)
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

What a joke this game is.
    Good quali. 3rd. Race. Everyones going before my lights have gone out. No dials and no engineer to tell me rain is coming. Couldn't pick tyres. By the time im getting lapped by everyone id had enough.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Did you buy the Mclaren disc
    JonoStan96, Knuckles and Toranafan-02 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that sucks. you would've had a good race with @razor4797 and I :(

Qualified 5th and went passed knuckles due to his issue.
    Sat behind razor in the DRS zone until lap 19 he pit, and I came in on lap 20... and broke too late, 5 sec penalty :(
    I thought I had thrown a possble podium away. I set after razor determined to at least have a good battle/race with him.
    Got back into DRS and sat there as the laps ticked over.
    The clouds looked ominous and then it started spitting.
    A few laps later as the rain got heavier, and razor ran wide at the turn just before the pit entry and I passed him and we both pitted for inters. Having my penalty I expected him to exit before me but it turned out he had his own 5 sec penalty and we exited nose to tail!
    Without DRS to help him in the wet, I pulled away slowly to take my first podium this season!
    razor4797, JonoStan96 and El Majacko like this.
  18. El Majacko

El Majacko Rookie

Q: 1st
    Fairly decent lap. Surprised to see a big gap back to 2nd, would have been nice to have some other super runners in front of Stig.

R: 1st
    Wasn't as easy as it looks. The start went well as I had a softer compound than P2, but not being used to heavy fuel I struggled to pull away initially. Around lap 5 I settled in and pulled out of DRS, but by the end of the stint Stig caught me again and there wasn't a lot I could do on worn tyres. I held him out for a few crucial laps, before pitting a lap after he overtook me (which was a decent move around the outside of Stowe). The undercut was favourable, especially as I didn't have to pass anyone, and when he eventually pit for supers, he was 12 seconds behind. Of course he caught up on the better rubber, but only to around 7 seconds gap, when the rain hit. Pitting onto inters at the same time, I was aware from where we'd been strong sector-wise that he had more downforce. This was evident in the rain, especially in the middle sector. My lead was cut down, but I was comfortably managing it, knowing I could afford to minimise my risk. Exciting stuff nevertheless. GG to all!
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lol. Probably. Puts me off getting f1 18 a bit. Second time thats happened
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    *Preorders anyway
    Knuckles, fezza, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.