GT-Sport [COMPLETED] (30/6) RACEONOZ Bathurst 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, May 10, 2018.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Sorry lads, I'm withdrawing too. I'll be away for work :(
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thought i would just do a quick post to get an expression of interest in here... i don't think Jono minds as he is in favor of the idea. What i am proposing is running alongside the Sunday league of GTS which is obviously a NON TUNING league, a TUNING OPEN league. Would only start with 1 division first up and use the weight handicapping that Jono has implemented in this race. It would be a multi make series and also have a reduced number of cars from the GT classes...possibly 10-12.... Tag me in a reply and we will see how we go...
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Almost on par with oooh purple racing alfa
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what do you mean 'alongside'?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Steal your numbers
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    You
    You know, like "Super League", and all the good things that did, lol
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    If there is enough interest in racing a tuned series/league on a sunday night then why can't it be an option for people to enter into... the work done by jono and his testing crew show that it can be a level playing field. If there enough interest, by this i mean 1 room 14-16 entrants it would be worth looking at.... if there is not that level of interest i guess we go back to driving a road car on pooh tyres
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Not a horrific idea. But no need to run same night as Sunday league. There is a big gap between seasons. Plenty of time to run races.
    To make it even every car would have to be tested on every track. Bop would differ each week.
    stucar17, Hatfield and xlxy90 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Final BOP Update:

Power Changes:
    Volkswagen GTI VGT: 99% > 101%
    Toyota Supra: 95% > 97%
    GT by Citroën: 87% > 89%
    Lamborghini Huracán: 96% > 95%
    Ferrari 458 Italia: 102% > 101%
    Peugeot RCZ: 107% > 109%

Weight Changes:
    Toyota Supra: 105% > 101%
    Porsche 911 RSR: 106% > 105%
    GT by Citroën: 110% > 106%
    Lamborghini Huracán 108% > 101%
    Ferrari 458 Italia: 109% > 102%
    Renault R.S.01: 109% > 105%
    Hyundai Genesis: 104% > 103%
    Peugeot RCZ: 110% > 109%
    Peugeot VGT: 106% > 103%

BOP’s and car selections for entered drivers are now locked.

Once again if you have any BOP requests they must have approval from peers.

Thanks to all who helped out over the last month.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    poor form.
    I would never deliberately schedule an event on the same time as a HTO series for example just because that particular rule set didn't peak my interest

EDIT: you also have more than enough time between seasons to run something like this now that seasons are once every term (ie 4 times a year)
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am not trying to schedule a community event on a Sunday I am seeing if there is interest in people wanting to run in a tuning open Sunday league rather than single car non tuned league. As for adjusting BOP across all rounds it wouldn't be required... It doesn't happen in RW series... BOP is set at the start of the season with testing at 1 or 2 circuits.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Anyway, with testing now complete, we can now focus on the qualifying session in one weeks time!
    However to resolve any future queries:
    Every single car tested is capable of doing 2:02 lap times, no matter what division handicap. Going faster is entirely up to how well you can tune the car and how big your balls are. If you cannot hit a target lap time while somebody else can in the same car, that is not something I can help you with directly (git gud in other words), I’m not going to change the BOP if you’re too slow.

Every car is topping the speed trap in between 270-280km/h on a high downforce tune. So if you think a car is unfarly pulling away down Konrod, it is likely they are running a lower downforce tune or their car is very good in a straight line. Speaking of...

Certain cars have certain niches that make them unique, gives them an advantage or disadvantage and so on.
    E.G My car, the Beetle, is utterly atrocious going uphill, but is fantastic going downhill. The Nissan rockets down the straight, but runs out of puff at the end. The short wheel base MR cars? Yeah god knows what you were thinking choosing those. Good luck, you’ll need it! The fact is, some cars have properties that I cannot get rid of, and if I did, would make the car grossly uncompetitive. At the end of the day, many of these cars behave very differently, but the lap times are very close. You can pick any car and be competitive but only if you put in the effort!

You might have noticed that I kept testing cars that weren’t being used (poor lonely Peugeot). This is for future proofing purposes, even before this race begins it’s already a massive success, and we can use this BOP for other tracks and races. 3 hours of The Nürburgring sounds good no?

Rooms will be made known this week. I hope to see more liveries, and please, if you have already made one, edit to fit the custom number boards made specificially for this race.

Cheers
    seth123, razor4797, Knuckles and 3 others like this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    This would only hurt both leagues. Less people would race in the current Sunday night series, but your tuning series would get less numbers than if it was run as a community event (like HTO or State of Origin).
    stucar17, xlxy90 and Hatfield like this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Standing down ... Something as good as this should not be run every week ... maybe once a month
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Once a month is a good idea
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'm just glad to see open support of tuning here on the forums.
    And Jono, do you have a screencap of the full log of changes you guys made just to visually show exactly how much tweaking went on?
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    1 month and about 5 drivers
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID

There you go lol
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. Easyprey007