GT Sport Season 3 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 5 : Nurburgring 24h - 12 laps - 20:30 Sunny Endurance Twilight Round - 17/6
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 AEDT (WITH EARLY QUALIFYING, WE CAN MAKE SURE WE GET IN OUR ONE OUT AND ONE TIMED LAP AND LATECOMERS CAN JUMP IN TO QUALIFY ON ARRIVAL)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : You can start on either RH or RM tyres. But MUST at least use RH during the race at some point.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  2. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Sorry for the late notice but I won't be able to race tonight. Good luck fellas.
  3. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Hey guys are we starting any earlier tonight because of the track
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    2 more reserves here in new member paul ozimo and returning member @Jamie
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    We usually don’t and it is too late to organise it. Just turn up early.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Room has been below average all season. :):):):) this. You were in such a rush to start youve given no time to jump out and rejoin to try and fix. Cost a chance at championship is all. Thanx
    Easyprey007, groover33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    After 90 mins+ of racing, @Ian Cannan held off @NAACS and myself for the entire last lap. Giving absolutely no room to either of us! .650 of a second separated the top 3.
    spleece, Russell and groover33 like this.
  8. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    That last last was a little toooo stressful.

Sorry about being a bit slow. I really struggled on the RM’s on lap 3 of a stint.
  9. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    @Knuckles your right mate, it should have been another restart to fix things. The only way we can really get on top of it is to have everyone in the room before 8pm to do a few false starts to make sure it's smooth. Bad luck mate
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

A straight restart was never going to fix anything. You guys know the definition of insanity right.
    Would of taken less then 2 minutes. It cost heaps more.
    I qualified 10 seconds off poll with a big stack and engine damage with the out lap my only practice. A good result was there. Bull:):):):)
  11. groover33

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I would love to do that race again. I finally found some serious pace mid race to the end and fixed up my consistency.
    Bad luck at the start though with myself and MOOZER, we both hit someone stuck at the race start and put us way back. But made my way to 2nd place to make a few rookie mistakes which took me back to 7th then had to fight my way back to a happy 4th which I got from luckgoesmyway.
    Well done podium
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results?.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @emmo46 if they aren't up tonight i'll get them for you.
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That last lap.
    Well done to all for sticking that close on that track!!
    xlxy90 likes this.
  16. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    After reviewing the last lap, I have to say that I take the "Mobile Chicane" award :).
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Good drive mate. Congratulations on the win.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    He DSC'd after but my replay didn't tell me what his best lap was.
    emmo46 likes this.