Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Same as Jlynn, I hadn't driven the car for over a week and even though I lacked pace it was actually quite an enjoyable two races for me. I really enjoyed the busy track for once and it meant plenty of opportunity to capatlise on others, which i did (no way I should have finished where i did).

I have to say on my fellow team mate, I can understand the rage quit, definitely sucks as clearly you were dominating the round, you have my sympathies! However generally I thought everyone did really well moving out the way for the faster cars,
    big thumbs up.

Qualifying was tricky it was almost impossible to get a good lap in - not necessarily a bad thing IMHO but for the serious guys its an issue.

Had some great battles in the races, so many good drivers in this series.
    c4rLo5, JayJAY and jlynn777 like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Serious or not the conditions are what they are for everyone with traffic and all that, that’s how it works IRL and that’s the way it is here. Getting some space for a quali run was hard here but it’s same for everyone and part of the challange
    c4rLo5, JayJAY and marty like this.
  3. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Does anyone have shauns incident? i wanna see what happened
  4. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

[​IMG]
    Shaun_A likes this.
  5. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yep that was 100% my error I had every intention of leaving you space just got it wrong
    marty likes this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Just a quick question to the guys (@marty, @jlynn) uploading videos - what's the best way of doing it?
    Do you have dedicated capture cards?
    Do you just 'record' the replay or is there a way to directly export the video?
    I saw in @marty's replay that you've got two views on the one video (in-car and tv-cam) - was that video overlaid on one another in a video program or was that just another view within the replay 'in-game'?
    Sorry for the peppering of questions, but I have no idea.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I’ve got a pre-installed recorder from my nvida graphics card. It's called 'GeForce Experience' and you can customise recording quality. Pretty easy to use, just have to hit Alt + z and then click to start recording. I tried using the windows screen recorder but the sound ends up out of sync because the frame rates are out of whack.
    I'm not aware of being able to export the replay directly to an editing program, I just load up the replay in AC and then screen record.
    Not sure what Marty uses for screen recording but I'm pretty sure he said he uses Adobe Premiere to edit.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Does anyone have a replay file for race 1? For some reason I have qual and race 2 only??
  9. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Anon666 likes this.
  10. tezpez85

Cheers Jdizzle :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Much the same as @jlynn777 I use Nvidia geforce experiance (shadowplay it used to be called nit sire if it still is) to capture a replay. If you have a capable nvidia card its probably the best and easiest option, for AMD sorry there is likely another option.

It can capture live too but I dont bother as I would rather have different angles for videos anyway instead of regular in game view. Getting multiple angles is just capturing each separately in game then combining and sync them in a video editor. I use Adobe premiere pro to then mix it and encode the final video which it also does very quickly with nvidia cuda rendering. The slowest thing for me is my crappy ADSL connection so I just start uploads before bed as it can take a few hours especially if uploading 4k. But for longer videos like that even though I captured it at 4k60 I uploaded at 1080p60 as it can be about 1/4 the file size due to the lower bitrate needed for less pixels.

I found a free open source plugin that encodes h265 cuda assisted which works better then any of the built in Adobe codecs. Cinegy Daniel adobe codecs very usefull if using adobe media encoder.
    tezpez85 and jlynn777 like this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bandicam is a good option if you don't already have screen recording software as part of the GPU driver package.
    Free version is limited to 10mins record time per file, and has a water mark. But the water mark is pretty unobtrusive and easily edited out with a frame or banner being top center. After using it a few times I bought the paid version pretty cheap, might have been on sale, can't remember. Currently it's $39.

For editing I use AVS video editing software. It was the cheapest option I could find that had video overlay function.
    Also comes with access to their suite of media editing tools, quite a few of which I have found very useful. Currently it's $59 which is what I paid for unlimited access option. Or you can by a 12months license cheaper.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I also use MSI afterburner to monitor and OC GPU's a little. This has a built in free video capture option which I haven't used much but worked ok when I did. I will try it next time and see how it goes, its fairly customizable and can use any codec you have installed. Last time I tried it was more of a performance hit then the Nvidia option which is likely why many are using that now if their cards support it.

EDIT: Just tried the afterburner option and it gives me about a 30% performance hit compared to Nvidia's GeForce experience.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. tezpez85

Awesome, cheers for the codec tip! Also, I can't believe it's 2018 and people are still stuck on ADSL :poop:
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Hehe we have underground cables in an older estate here so they took their time to lay cable. :sleep:

At least its going to be fiber to the curb which is a bonus when its finally available within the next month. They laid the cable the last month down all the streets but will see if the connection is better :poop: or just more :poop::poop::poop::poop: then the ADSL :poop::poop::poop::poop: I have atm. :D
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Round results
    [​IMG]

Bad luck @Shaun_A. FL and MC overall says it all but is probably little conciliation. Still in with a shot on drop round, just a 5 pt difference. Stella round for the ignitION Contollers claiming a haul as good as any of PAG's top performing rounds and see them palm off the wooden spoon to TTB.... .VeloXR welcome to the sinking ship :p TGM now in striking range of PAG for the top spot. It's all coming down to the final round.
    [​IMG]
    c4rLo5, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

An extra round has actually snuck in there :ninja:.

jlynn777 likes this.
  18. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Marty and Shaun are so close up the top. Godzilla isn' far off either. It's gonna be a close finish!
  19. Adam

Adam New Recruit

I'm new, wanting to do the rest of the season if possible?
  20. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi Adam, download all needed content (first post) and jump on tonight to test all is working for you.
    There should be a spot available for you for tomorrow
    Just a good idea to test all tonight rather than just before the race.
    jlynn777 likes this.