GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    and the race is how long, 1.5 to 2hrs, depending on track.

My point being that most racers would practise more than the duration of the race.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  2. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Yeah season 1 and 2 of GT sport i was doing at least 10 hours of practice before the race. Some of that was serious the rest was dodging @Captain_Risky_21 trying to punt me. All of which was trying to beat @NAACS .
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I haven't personally put in hours of practice since the season final in the LFA back on GT6! Excluding one off endurance events that is. I'm open to the idea of a longer race however I'm not sure if it would appeal to the overally community. Numbers are everything here and we've got to prolong the life of GT Sport league racing before anything else. Maybe worth a trial though.
  4. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    With deciding Div drivers I agree that it would be hard to decide who goes where, as personally I feel based on the last seasons's results im probably a div 3.5 driver as opposed to being a complete div 3 or div 4 based on my pace. Breaking into smaller divs could promote engagement from more casual drivers (as the driving would be closer) but also runs the risk of being emptier and also requiring more admins/hosts to manage rooms each weekend.
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Correct on all accounts, however a closer competition can / could foster more participants
    If all drivers in a Division are within .5 or less of a second per lap, its going to be competitive. If that means we have 5 or even 6 divisions then we just need to deal with the outcomes of those requirements.
    deedz_aus and Tristan Jones like this.
  6. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

i would like to get in on this coz i agree
    i think the divs this season r very unbalanced ..looking at lap times etc.. over the season there needs to be a big reshuffle.
  7. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    We should add A and B or Pro, Am classes to each div
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    an idea I have seen in another series was that there was no divisions.
    All drivers were scored from 1st to last across multiple rooms. you had to qualify for each race the day before and the top 16 were in the top room.
    Also because 1st in room 2 was basically 17th place, you didn't have sandbagging as you needed to qualify for the top room to get the chance at a good result.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i like this idea alot. the extra admin would add to the (your) workload though and I have an inkling that it is already pretty full on
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Interesting idea.
    On the last part of what you said 'The Chance at a good result', does this mean winning in other rooms that aren't the top mean you don't get a good result?

I got bored at work and threw a s/sheet together of this Seasons results
    I found some interesting data within it.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hWOGbLbw4ZIxZ32kivHJjRNFAL6XgL32
    For the FL data, I took the 2nd time (I ignore Beau, sorry mate :) and then gave the racer a value based on how far away they were. Within 1s = Division 1, within 2s = D2, etc until I got higher than 5s.
    Nurb 24H was done in 10s segments
    I averaged that data out to give Division placement based on Fastest Lap.
    I then did Total Race time
    I did the same, (ignored Beau) and broke it into 30s segments, Nurb24H was 1 minute blocks.
    Averaged it out to give the Total Race time division placement
    Then I averaged both those results out.
    The results are interesting.

I want to state that the work that @Hatfield does already is wonderful and I do not want this to take away what he or any of the other admins do already.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Matthyus without it being too much work, are you able to do the same with the S2 results?
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll give it a go.
    Want to see if I can automate the maths so its basically, plug the data in and presto results :)
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Maaaan.. props to you mate. That is some attractive data.

Very interesting indeed.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i like it... especially the part where you said it could be automated ;)

what about instead of set time increments, it was a % of the fastest lap time for the FL and a % of the fastest lap x the number of laps for the total time?
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Making the race time work to tyre wear makes total sense that actually creates multiple stratgies, ~ longer races that sit between tyre stints ~

The divisions won’t get closer unless people get off their arses and drive the cars, how else do you think there’s a member on here with 15 in a row GTLOZ titles, it definitely doesn’t come to those who wait
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Want it automated and could be automated are 2 very different terms ;)
    I'm sure it is doable with some time spend on it. I'm by far not an Excel guru, but reckon I could manage something if I spent some time on it.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @Hatfield
    Give this a look see
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hWOGbLbw4ZIxZ32kivHJjRNFAL6XgL32
    The only data that needs to be input is the name of the driver and their time/s which I'm assuming @emmo46 does already by hand. The only requirement in data entry is that it is typed in this fashion H:MM:SS:SSS. I can modify it a bit, but I tried to keep it to the format already in use.
    It must have the double colon after each section, otherwise Excel goes screwy.
    I'm sure I can get it into 1 tab, but Proof of Concept :)
    I also did you request of '% of the fastest lap x the number of laps for the total time?', but I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind it. Care to elaborate?

I also only used a small sub section of data, as I really couldn't be bothered to type it all in again :)
    If you have a copy of this seasons data, it should be copy, paste and presto :)
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Above and beyond @Matthyus great work
    incey and Matthyus like this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks mate!!
    It's cheap and nasty, but if it helps to even out the comp and @Hatfield and the other admins want to use it, i'll pretty it up and try and get it so that it is as user friendly as possible.

I HATE complex automation that no-one understands and when the person who makes it leaves, everyone is left in the lurch.
    FYI - I deal with this daily at work, so it's a pet peeve of mine.
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.