New member Southern NSW

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mark Wing, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

Hi all
    Originally from the UK and an old bugger quite new to sim racing living in Batemans Bay NSW.
    Currently running iracing (Seems expensive to progress) as well as AC which I am enjoying far more. While racing a lot off line I do enjoy the online racing company. All to often now it is hard to find server with low ping and racers with the same mind set.
    Not sure about comp due to current skills but a social racing and practice laps anytime.

Looking forward to waving to you as you overtake me.:laugh::laugh:

Steam: mjvw42
    stucar17, PaulCox, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  2. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Hey mate welcome. I have a karting friend down batemans. Very beautiful part of the world there. I wa s kicking my self i didnt join earlier. Great community here and i race on ps4. Im sure the pc side are just as great people to race with and share stories.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Welcome to rooz mate. Great place down there in the Bay. say hi to my mum and dad:)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Mark welcome.
    We run a Monday night league on AC which has just a couple of rounds to go in the current v8SC season.
    Thursday nights is a sure thing for a good turn out on the practice servers, and feel free to jump in for a social race anytime - search raceonoz in the AC server list. Also jump into our discord channel for a chat. Details for both are in the Monday Night AC section of the forums. :) There is a good range of skill levels and pace so jump in and I'm sure you'll find yourself someone to battle with.
    Also check our the racing rules and regs for some light reading in the New members section.
    Mark Wing likes this.
  6. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

Thanks to all for warm welcome and invite to race. I noticed the raceonoz in AC server list tonight and last night and completely understand your use of passworded servers. So I may have to figure out how they are accessed or if I am allowed to access them. Have already flicked through some of the new member forum information and I will certainly will go through the member rules and regs and I'm sure it will be a compelling read :D
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Mark, some of those servers will be open but if you want to get on for a bit of fun then Thursday nights are the go. No set time just find our servers and jump in the one that has the most people. The server Gods can add you to the whitelist and you can access any of them after that. See you on the track.
    Mark Wing likes this.
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    hey mate..welcome... im only up in jervis bay so not 2 far :) and i used to own the bottleshop at maloneys beach only 5 mins north of the bay..top spot
  9. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

I live in Longbeach :) know it well
    PaulCox likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I
    If you live in the new estate at long beach down near the beach that use to be all flat grass paddocks and I use to do circle work around there in my xy. That was when I was young and easily lead astray. :whistling:
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nice part of the world.....Dont get back there much anymore. Mum and dad are still there, live just above the golf course near the hospital.
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    LIfe Ban from Catalina country club lol
    Mark Wing likes this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hahaha, got into trouble there sneaking on most afternoons and playing 7 or 8 holes as a cadet... then we gave them the :):):):)s when we used to go golf balling and then sell to the comp players for $1 a ball ! Mum and dads place just above the 5th hole, so yeah, spent a bit of time there
    Mark Wing and PaulCox like this.
  14. Mark Wing

Mark Wing New Recruit

First job when I moved into town 12 years ago with family was driving the Cati bus and behind bar. 3 years of it a good way to meet everyone in town. first house we brought down here was opposite the 16th green on heron
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I lived directly across the rd from the marina on beach rd in a yellow house for about 2 years..in 2010..then just around the corner in a big ugly brick 2 story house on golf linx drive for another 2.
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Lol for a second there I thought you said mariners and I was like the only thing across the road is the pub
    stucar17, Anthonyb and PaulCox like this.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    not allowed back there either i dont think...but has been awhile ppl forget hehehe

yep 2 pub and 2 clubs with in 2 blocks then the golf club 750m up the street....all in a town of 2 taxis lol....:):):):) there were some blews out the front there after everything shut at the same time
    stucar17 likes this.