GT Sport Season 3 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Apparently there was a sports game or something?
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  2. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    The idea behind the Sunday was so families could go, you would think a Saturday would have been better wouldn't you?
    Tristan Jones and Hatfield like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have results and lap times???
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Will upload the results tonight after work.
  5. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    sorry had to withdraw at last min i be on for last round and i be keen for next season
    pat65 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  6. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Round 6 result.
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps:
    [​IMG]
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Pat
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Just did some blue moon laps, got mostly 1:04, but did 1:03.0 and mid 1:03 on half fuel. Where is everyone else at?
  9. LennonLegend1993

Managing to get 1:01.4 as my fastest so far. That was 5 lap old RM with full tank minus 5 laps.
    Consistently getting 1:02's. Havent really done a whole lot of RH tbh.
  10. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    That is about where im at atm on RH tyres. Im floating at best around 1:03-1:04 atm.. but look to get some time in on the weekend before the race.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  11. LennonLegend1993

I feel there isn't a lot of difference between RH and RM being such a small track
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Oh good! I haven't tested RH yet, my times that are seconds behind you guys are on RM!
  13. LennonLegend1993

Oh, my times are offline btw. In custom race, not TT. Does anyone know if custom race times are accurate, or still faster than online? Previously I raced at bluemoon Infield A online, and got 1:02/3's, and Ive improved ALOT since then, so I think it might be accurate?
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Round 7: Blue Moon Speedway Infield A - 44 laps - 16:00 Cloudy - 1/7
  15. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Most likely won't be racing tonight, sorry.
    @Tristan Jones Are you able to host?
  16. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I'll be there, soon as kids are in bed. Hopefully do dinner before then not after
  17. LennonLegend1993

No vardz, no pat.. might be heading for a small field again?
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Turned up and 17 laps of un-tuned tip toeing thru hairpins … yeah not for me anymore... cheers for the season … or part there of...
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
  20. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done to all, good finish to the season.

Not many on the grid again though, and my second time hosting.

I saw the podiums times during qualifying and knew I wouldn't be close - and figured I would be right behind them and @VARDZ , wrapping up 5th in the championship for the season, as long as I beat @fezza , who could have leap frogged me if he beat me by a few points in this race. @robin edwards got a late flying qually time that beat mine which had me wondering if maybe I should have put more than a race distance of practise this week (busy with bathurst though). After a restart because Vardz?/ Deedz? didn't pass S1 after exit for tyres (though i waited for a while), we got away to a clean start.

I figured I would do medium/ hard to deal with early traffic, and hoped a late medium stint on low fuel wouldn't get someone past me in the dying laps.

Turn 2 i was on the outside of Fezza and ran out of room...he hit me, i hit him...i hit grass. I ended up 15 seconds down as everyone drove away. As I had a better qually time than Fezza, I figured I could make it up, but wondered if I would catch RAE. I was catching both fast, I was much quicker on the first half of the track and a little slower or even at the end. I was catching a second or 2 per lap, so knew I could get there. RAE eventually dropped back after some mistakes, and I finally caught Fezza. He kept his line for a while, and was hard to pass, even on the corners I was quicker at. I stayed close, he eventually hit grass out of the double left...but then I pitted. After pitting, I was 12 seconds behind Fezza and catching quickly again, even on hards - and knew he must be on hards, evenutally starting to wonder if he would try for a no-stop. I did a few laps behind him trying to overtake, and I had a better line into the first corner, so I jumped up using the slipstream and dove in and made it easily. As I built distance between us, and the lap count grew closer to 44, I figured he was doing a no stop, and I can't make any mistakes now! Eventually I had the gap at 15 seconds and could relax a little. The podium all lapped me nice and cleanly, much easier to give them room here than the esses at bathurst!

Edit: Also, how quick did those mediums wear! I tested 22 laps on mediums and was only half a second slower, though much easier to make a mistake. During the race I pitted at lap 17 or so, because they were so worn and effecting time - my theory being that perhaps I have a quicker line into turn 1 that wears that front right a lot quicker.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018