Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

I was very hestitant on finishing the race.. after I crashed I was getting ready to throw :):):):) lol but I just somehow didn't and got going again because finishing is better then almost last but I wasn't thinking that at the time. I was racing while very angry after that so my laps were just me trying to do qualifying laps. I saw the gap between us was about 15 seconds and you were my goal all the way till the end. I thought I wasn't going to get you because you were doing some good defensive driving and your speed on the straights were too good for me, I was only just keeping up with slip stream

I think Shaun would of got me anyway. He was on ss while I was on s so I don't think that 8-9 second gap would of done much
    tezpez85, mesafto and Godzilla like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Your speed was prety epic there and I was making small mistakes here and there watching the rear view more then I should have, time lost behind Krunch didn’t help, was hard to get past here, think he was fairly low on aero as well. Was a bit worried for my third place in the championship when you took the lead at the start. Think you would have needed the win and both most consistent and fastest lap to jump me by a point with my p8 finish, with the speed it certainly could have happened
    mesafto likes this.
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Massive season @Shaun_A well done :thumbsup: seem to be on another level again!
    That was a pretty crazy race for me, very happy to have finished 4th - sorry all this is a long one :coffee:

I qualified well for the second race in a row (wtf) with a decent PB improvement.
    Decided to start on full fuel with the SS because I just wanted to stay out of the walls for the first stint, and I was running 5 wing and it didn't feel too good on heavy fuel.
    That plan worked well....until lap 3 when I changed down a gear too many at the end of the Conrod straight - locked the rears and went wide onto the grass. Wasn't too bad but lost a spot to Tez and then Carlos got me into Murray's corner.
    Lap 5 had a great run at Carlos and tried going along the outside of T2 but I dippied a wheel into the grass when braking and nearly changed the colour of my undies - bumped the wall but was thankful I didn't take Carlos out.
    Lap 9 I was back on Carlos sizing him up on the Conrod straight, backed out of it but still lost it again under braking! Went very deep onto the sand, got fully sideways on the grass about to get on the tarmac and bumped the wall with my nose - Mael and Krunch flew past me and I decided to pit (much earlier than planned).
    Put on the S and 6 laps of fuel. Came out just in front of Jason who had Ringo right up his backside, I considered backing out and letting them go but changed my mind as I would probably need to overtake soon. Thanks for making it easy Jason I could hear/see you lifting :)
    I thought I was looking at an outside top 10 finish but over the next 10 laps I saw I was gaining on some big names and just kept driving like it didn't matter if I crashed out.
    Lap 30 I got right on the back of Godzilla but I had to pit for the SS and 11 laps of fuel.
    Lap 33 I did a full spin after bouncing off a wall at T4 (still not sure how I managed that) but amazingly got minimal damage and didn't lose too much time as I was facing the right way after :cool:
    Lap 34 caught up to a really close battle between Mael and MrGibblets, didn't want to break it up but I needed to get past.
    Lap 35 Mael let me through at Skyline and MrG not until the last corner, think I lost a bit of time but thankfully didn't ruin their battle.
    Lap 39 lost it under braking AGAIN at the end of the Conrod straight and went into the wall on the right.
    Lap 40 Carlos was around 12 seconds in front and I was happy to cruise to the finish. Although I could see I was catching him pretty fast and I think I heard something on discord so I decided to keep the hammer down.
    On the last lap I was right on him at the Dipper, he was swerving around trying to break the slipstream but my slippery car kept coming. Decided not to try out-brake him (because I'd probably crash) so backed out of it. He ended up running wide through the chase and I had a good exit. He went defensive into the last corner with me on the outside. As we were dragging to the corner, someone had spun at the last corner - it was getting sweaty! I decided to yolo and go for it no matter what, the spun car reversed frantically out of the way and I managed to get Carlos around the outside :eek:
    Super stoked with 4th after a very scrappy race and a wounded falcon :D
    Huge thanks to all the guys getting Blue-flags, really awesome job :thumbsup:
    Bummer to Jay, you deserved a good finish.
    Bummer again Marty couldn't make it - at least you should be right to go for next season !

Thanks @Rolz for another season putting in the hard yards as captain, unfortunate we got the wooden spoon but not too bad considering how few of us raced.
    Most of all thanks to the big dogs that organised the season and to everyone that competed - hopefully see you again for the next one :)
    krunch, tezpez85, Anon666 and 4 others like this.
  4. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I just gave the corvette a go on the Nurburg GP, Its ok .........I guesso_O
  5. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

After what was a very disappointing Brands, I had decided to put my head down and focus on dominating the rest of the season. I honestly didn't think that it would be possible. Tor Poznan was an unexpected success, then onto Bathurst.
    All throughout the practices leading up to Monday, I was focusing on getting the car comfortable and easy to drive fast with zero mistakes. I believe I got the car to that point and just waited for Monday to roll around. Looking at the times, I thought JayJay would have been a big threat as he seemed quite fast.
    Before qual I just cruised around making sure that I was a comfortable as could be in the car and on the track. Right at the end I tried a sim and found that I could be quite quick still.
    For qual, I left after the majority so I could get as much space as possible. My first hotlap wasn't great with a couple small mistakes after a great first sector and didn't think I could match it on the second lap. Started my second and felt really good. Surprisingly made no mistakes in the lap, although I thought I left a little bit over the top, and crossed the line setting a PB of a 2:04.9. Was absolutely stoked. Knowing I couldn't go much faster, I sat the rest of qual out and watched Jay as he attempted to beat my time. He was pushing hard, but was unable to best me and I was able to claim my 6th pole in a row.
    I knew that to win the championship all I had to do was finish in the top 15 so focused on staying clean. I started on the softs with enough fuel for 22ish laps. It looked like Jay jumped the start, but instead he timed it perfectly and got in front of me. Knowing that he was on the supers I didn't try and challenge, but was surprised that he didn't really gap me. A few laps into the race I noticed I was a couple litres short on fuel and since the right arrow on my keyboard is broken I couldn't add fuel to my pitstops, so had to fuel save. This let Jay get away more than I would have liked, but I would've been happy with 2nd and knew it would be close at the end. After my first pit I came out in front and focused on pulling out a gap as I would have to pit again. I was pulling away from everyone as I was on the supers and most others on the softs, so my strategy felt good. Pitted for my second stop and came out around 9 seconds behind Jay and since I had saved all the fuel I had needed, I focused on getting fast clean laps in the hopes of catching. I felt it would've been done, but Jay made it easy crashing over the top and handing the lead and eventual win.
    Congrats to Rolz and Tez on finishing out the podium. I would like to say a huge congrats to all of those that had to deal with blue flags, you guys handled them better than the pros.
    Bad luck to Marty for not being able to make this race. You gave me some great races throughout the season and kept it close. Just need to work on your overtaking ;)
    Big congrats also to my team for putting in the hard work and coming out on top for a 2nd season, hopefully we can keep this going.
    krunch, tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Totally agree! But, most cars are sedate and tame after the V8’s :roflmao:
  8. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Was just thinking that next season(16) might be close to last for AC, when Assetto Corsa Competizione comes out with GT's.
    On that note, maybe a non GTish type car might be a better choice. e.g Lotus Evora GTC as an example as Vette seems similar to the rest of the Blancplain cars.

Im cool with what you guys choose, but just a thought.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

+1 FWIW.

The Avora GTC is one of the sweetest cars in AC, so nice to drive. Would make for cool and close racing. Vette feels a bit dull, and in some ways is too much like the V8 Supercar is its engine and handling.
    mesafto likes this.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Where is all this discussion when we are picking cars normally?!?? Due to my time poorness and the quick turn around between this season and next, 23rd I think, we have decided to run the Vette as it was super close in voting last time around. I have all the tracks sorted and just waiting to confirm season start. ACC will hopefully land in the next season and allow us a chance to do some testing before diving into a season on the new platform.

Another aside, after/before/during next Monday's fun run I will run the draw for the Ignition Controls Button Box!! - see OP.
    It will be live on twitch so you can see the randomometer in action as the winner gets drawn!!
    c4rLo5, Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I didn't think it was an issue last season as the vette and v8 are similar--ish, so to me each one was a good choice, and also it was few months ago. Knowing that ACC is coming with blancpain type cars, its just a thought. Maybe others aren't thinking the same. All good Anon.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’m happy for the Vette. As far as ACC there’s no way to know when it will be league race ready as it’s anyones guess how much will be present in EA, could be a small handful of cars maybe 3-4 tracks and no full online support. It’s early access after all, not full release.
  13. Andrew Malcolm

Andrew Malcolm New Recruit

Thank to all the guys this season who organise everything. You do an great job.

Sorry to all the fast guys who I held up ;) (and everyone else on the track)I tried my best to keep one eye in the mirror and don't think I took anyone out. Definitely was a baptism by fire but I appreciate the patience and tolerance you all extend to newbs like me.

Cheers to my TBB teammates who helped with setups and tips. My driving has improved a hell of a lot because of the help.

I've had an absolute blast this season. Looking forward to s16.
    krunch, marty, c4rLo5 and 2 others like this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'm sadly doubtful we'll have MP going for ACC before November... just the wheels don't seem to be moving as fast as what they initially proposed... early release was meant for summer and it's high summer now (northern Hemisphere) and still all youtube videos are alpha pre-release stuff.
    I think stick with Vette for now and get a S17 car poll going 2/3 of the way though season 16...
    Anon666 and Flouncy like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the lotus evora gtc is just an underpowered gt3 car so closer to ACC then the GTE corvette which is an older WEC series gt car . The Evora gx is underpowered gt2 spec I think both Evoras raced in older US GT series which was like gt3 with :poop: tyres.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The corvette being GTE class has got some notable differences to GT3, no ABS is one that makes it a bit more interesting
  17. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I dunno Marty, the Vette feels really lifeless to me, in comparison to the V8's, Evora gtc or even the M235i being run at the moment. Its been already decided, anyway ill move on ;)
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I havent driven it since the Nords fun run, I think it comes with TC which would suck lots of life out of it. You can disable this or possibly we could have it off for all? With a few tyre compounds to choose if we go by any 2 compounds for pit stop races there could be some strategic options to spice up races a bit.
  19. squid

squid Rookie

Maybe the 2017 SF70H? Return to open wheel, with fun hybrid buttons to play with?
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe the season after would be nice to go back to Open wheel as there haven't been that many seasons in them at ROOZ and the last one was fairly well received I think.
    mesafto and Rolz like this.