Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Popped your cherry! Well done Kayne
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Was taken to school in Quali after holding provisional pole for a bit by @kayne greenwood..... 7 freakin' tenths ahead!!! Crikey.

First 20 laps was an epic battle with Kayne a couple of changes for the lead, my favourite move being in Turn 3 (the F1 T3) when Kayne moved to the middle right of the track to block an inside dive bomb by me, so I held the normal line and braked a fraction earlier as he went deep and then i criss crossed and got the better run out of the corner.

I reckon I must have got held up in the pits when i pitted about lap 31/32, the graphics showed me getting 2 new tyres on the front at the same time, and then they moved to the back where it looked like i got one tyre at a time. This would explain the 5 seconds gap to Kayne on pit exit, as I don't think he made up 10 seconds+ in the space of 6 laps!! LOL.

I thought my fresher tyres might help towards the end, and I really only started finding some pace again once the sun came back out, but the gap was around 7 seconds. My charge came a little too late, I got the gap back down to 2 seconds but Kayne held on for a well deserved win. Also gratz to @Ad2mny for the final step on the podium.

Feels good though, this is my first ever Division championship after participating in every single season since this league was started on Whirlpool in the early GT5 days. I can now retire in peace.

Naaaaaaaaahhh, who am I kidding??? I'll be back!! LOL
  3. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah cheers mate, was pretty nervous with final 5 laps to go, go back a season ago and I would of carked it up.
  4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

And yes needs to be said, congrats turboed on the win for the championship you were the man who just seemed that fraction more quicker than the rest of us, Not to sure where I found that pace though as in prior sessions high 55s were my best but I'll take it - the first 3 corners is where all the time is, its hard to get it right again and again though.

Congrats to Ads also, I really wanted that second place haha and after our test run the night before although it was very brief - I knew I had some work to do! Put some hours in and it paid off I guess. I'm sure we will have some epic battles next season :) and the same thing for everyone else also
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    TBH, I thought I had this round in the bag. I’d done plenty of practice, had some pretty competitive lap times (I thought) so it should have been a piece of cake...

Only just managed to snare 3rd grid spot with my second last qual lap, then as I’d caught up to @LOW_NZ we somehow ended up in a little battle which wasn’t helping either of us so I pulled to the side and jumped to pits.

Got a good clean start but @seowster got the best start, pulling alongside into turn 1. I yielded 3rd place but jumped straight on his bumper. @kayne greenwood already had a small gap while @disturboed lead the freight train from 2nd place. Got a good run on seowster on the outside of Remus as he tried an inside move on a wide disturboed, but seowster got poor drive on the exit, and closed the outside line. I gave him a little tap and backed off for a millisecond then back into it. That allowed disturboed to sneak a gap, and now @arnold watson was sniffing my tail. Another dive deep on the brakes around the outside at Schlossgold but couldn’t get enough drive. I said to myself I need to be up with disturboed and Kayne or they are gonna leave us behind, so I attacked seowster every chance I could. My next opportunity would come at turn 1 again, after catching a good draft, but ran too deep allowing seowster to cut tight and zoom back past. I got a good draft again leading to turn 2 but so did Arnold behind me. I wasn’t close enough to make a pass but Arnold came zooming up on the brakes and in too deep. This opened the gap behind and let me concentrate ahead.

Already Kayne and disturboed were over 2 secs ahead of us, but another good drive and some draft out of turn 2 put me alongside for the braking area, and finally got the pass to stick on seowster. He wasn’t giving it to me though, as he come back alongside on the outside of Audi Ultra, then again at Lauda, but I somehow held him off. He now had Arnold attacking him in the final 2 turns, and as they ran side by side they slowed enough for me to slink away.

Over the next few laps I slowly opened the gap back to 4th, but try as I may I could not make an impression on the battle ahead.

Lap 7 we came up on a slow moving @nathan888 , and as I approached he retired to pits.

With all the practice I’d had, I was able to run relatively mistake free with very consistent lap times but I just didn’t have enough in the tank to push to the leaders, so was left to lament what could have been while basically time trialling the circuit hoping for a mistake from up front.

End of lap 10, the leaders were nearly 6 secs ahead, while I had nearly the same buffer back to 4th.

Disaster struck at lap 19, running just a little too wide at Audi Ultra and getting sucked into the gravel trap. The 7 second buffer back to seowster was now down to 3, then on lap 21 a little slide out of turn 1 turned into a tank slapper, and now seowster was right on my tail. By the end of the lap though I had already started to open the gap back up, and Kayne was starting to appear in my minimap, though not even close to being within reach. Again on lap 23 at turn 1 I had a slide on exit, but this time he was on my tail for nearly the whole lap. A little slide exiting th3 final turn from seowster opened the gap back up.

So now was the time to start thinking about my strategy, and I’m not gonna lie, I did consider not changing tyres. The sun was starting to set as behind me Arnold was the first to pit lap 26, then Kayne at the end of the same lap.

So now it was half race distance, I’m running second nearly 12 secs behind disturboed, and seowster is hounding me on my minimap about 4 secs back just waiting to pounce on another mistake. It’s getting dark and foggy but my lap times are still low 37’s. seowster pitted end of lap 30, then disturboed end of lap 31. So now I had the lead from Kayne just over 30 secs back and disturboed 34. Seowster was 54 secs back at this stage but I decided I would just keep going, see what the gaps do and how my laps fared. I was struggling a little on turn in but not overly so.

My first warning about tyre wear came lap 33, at Schlossgold. Just a little deep on the brakes and the front washed out, losing me nearly 2 secs off my lead.

Lap 36 now and I’d been bleeding nearly a second a lap out of my lead, and another scare at Schlossgold had me hitting the pit request button. Of course Kayne and disturboed passed me while i pitted, but i was surprised to see seowster so far back. After a few laps to warm up the tyres I was back into the 36’s/low 37’s. Back to time trialling and hoping for a mistake up front.

Lap 48 I came up on @Dosy and @Fudge_Monkey rejoining the circuit at turn 2 involved in a battle amongst themselves. I was hoping they’d leave me room, and a gap opened straight down the middle of the two. I think dosy, maybe distracted by my pass, missed his brake marker and went zooming back past on my inside and off the track. Next backmarker was @Ford69xw who was running quite a good pace, and it took a few laps to get the pass done.

The final 10 laps were uneventful, bringing the caterham home in its final official league race in 3rd place. Unfortunately for me 3rd place cost me my second place in the championship, needing to finish ahead of the race winner Kayne.

Overall I think it was a brilliant season. The car was just the right amount of grippy and sketchy. The lobby was at least 3/4 full most nights, and the competition was clean and fair. Had some great battles with quite a few drivers in this div, but for the majority of this season my main rival has been disturboed. Congratulations mate on taking the title this season.

Lets hope next season can be just as much fun in the Merc!?!
    Dosy, emmo46, Anthonyb and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

The video of the recap. See you could have watched it instead of reading it...
    seowster and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.