Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Wooh, I got the Alcantara Evo 30 wheel for $226 delivered on ebay using the US ebay 15% off promo.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I was in the cinema room where I've set up my wheel stand changing the PS4 across to wired as I was worried that wifi might be causing hiccups in the lobbies and decided to have a fiddle around with the settings on the camera view as I've been using the TV for racing up until now but have been wanting to switch across to the projector. Really happy with the results.

T300 GT Edition, Next Level Wheel Stand, Epson 5350 Projector on 120" screen

Quick video of the view I'm using, changed FOV in the cockpit to 120 and it feels great!

My old rig from a couple of years ago vs my new setup
    T500RS, GTArt Wheel stand and home made back end of the rig, crappy old plasma TV.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thats off tap mate...whats a projector like that worth
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    If you shop around mate you can get them for around $1100, I did so last year by waiting on a 20% off eBay sale. Then the remote screen cost a few hundred, that rolls down out of the ceiling but you can get manual pull down ones for a lot less or even use a blank wall.
    PaulCox likes this.
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Whats the picture quality over a tv...looks pretty clear in ur viedo
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    It's excellent, I've got a 65" 4k Sony behind that. I prefer the projector. Goal is to get a BenQ 4k projector to replace this later and move this one outside to the deck. But they are around $2k.
    PaulCox likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    What are people's thoughts on the GT Ultimate seat?
    ttps://www.pagnianimports.com.au/seat-add-on-for-next-level-wheel-stand.html

I've got the next level wheel stand and am considering pairing it up with this and making a permanent spot for it in the garage. Just wondering how those who own or use them rate it? Is there much movement between the stand and the seat?
    I could probably make something similar for half the price is what I'm thinking.
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I have this setup and it's rock solid. There is zero movement between the stand and the seat.
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Hey guys, I've bought a CSL Elite PS4 wheel and pedals and I want to keep my TH8A shifter as write frankly I love the little bugger. Cheapest solution drivehub? (using a PS4)
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I don't about anyone else, but I'm certainly excited for tonight...
    12am AEST news will be released about the Fanatec Podium https://podium.fanatec.com/
    I'm really praying they will share some tangible news on cost and release date...
    If they don't I'll be going OSW...
    So yeah either way I'm going direct drive soon :p
    Probably not that keen to be up until then (having a toddler means no sleep in)
    @Godzilla it'll be 10pm for you... will you watch it?
    beakeroo and c4rLo5 like this.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    sorry mate just saw this one....i also have 1 and there great. i got a mate whose 6 foot 5 120kg and he fits in no probs...doesnt move and looks awesome. I use a big plush pillow behind me as to the one provided and can sit there for hours ( well i could if i didnt drink :) )
    beakeroo likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    No worries, I ended up making a back end for my rig. I bought an unused bucket seat for fiddy bucks, some structural pine and a rubber ute mat. I'll post some pics soon. Just having dinner and then going back on to finish setting up the new wheel.
    PaulCox likes this.
  13. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah I've got my wallet ready. Hopefully I can actually spend some TAX return money tonight/tomorrow but I actually doubt it'll be anything more than just pre-order date announcement with a little more info on the specs and pricing.
    beakeroo and Rolz like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was just talking about this with a mate, will be keeping an eye on it for sure, very curious to see what they have come up with and at what price
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd2.html
    $2500 for the DD2, fkn dreaming... I can buy my wife a new washing machine and an OSW for that price (almost).
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  16. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah very disappointing. Fanatec have just helped spike sales of OSW's. Going to get prices of the HRS wheels I think. Not going to pay $2500 just for a base.
    Rolz likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Rolz likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Almost done, just need a decent tv in here now. Bloody garage is cold though so the old plasma keeps me warm :p
    Spidey_11, PaulCox, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Awsome job mate...looks tip top
    Spidey_11 and beakeroo like this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers Paul, it's getting there. I'm just adding some over centre fasteners (clamps) to hold it all down tight to the floor now and then I guess I'm done until I do something with the pedals (either V3 Clubsport or Load Cell add on)
    PaulCox likes this.