PCARS-2 [Completed] RTEC 2018 - RaceOnOz Team Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I retired to pits after stuart?
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I don't have enough of the replay to see everything, I should have taken a screenshot after qually but I forgot.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I broke my car with a minute to go and couldn't make it around so retired to pits then left with the :):):):)s on how crap I was
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy

I'll just leave this here. Drop tha mic !
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Team FCR are looking for a fill in for Spa this Saturday 21 July.
    If you want to drive the Porsche GTE please send me a private message.
    Cheers
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I have a question for everyone.

I know that we are meant to stick with the cars we chose at the beginning of the series but I’m asking if we can change the Porsche GTE for the Ferrari GTE from Spa onwards.
    The reasons being that the Porsche is very difficult to tune for a stable setup, with the rears overheating and making the thing slide through corners and handle like a dog. Also the comparative speed difference between the Porsche and the other GTE cars. It’s good that each car is different and stronger in different ways but when it comes to drivability of the Porsche it’s just not there.

Overall I’m looking for a more competitive race with whomever takes the Porsche seat and right now it’s just not there. We already have enough Fords and Corvettes so I was just hoping for the Ferrari.

I wouldn’t ask this unless we were struggling and I’m struggling to get a tune that makes the thing stably let alone fast.

I’m after a majority vote or an over ruling vote so if you’re against this please let me know. I’d like to get this sorted ASAP.
    Cheers.
    TheJuzzy and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  7. its-benny-racer

I agree with the idea of a vote, I guess the question is what are we voting on? Just to allow 1 team the ability to make this one change or should it be that all teams have the option to change 1 car mid season?
  8. its-benny-racer

I would also like to float an idea that may hopefully improve room stability. Over the past number of weeks I have been having terrible trouble with getting disconnected mid-session. I have done everything I can to eliminate network issues of my own, but it seems like whenever I am in a private lobby, I get booted. But today I was in several public lobbies and didn't get disconnected once.
    From what I have seen, it is possible to have a public lobby with a password required to enter, I was wondering if it would be worth trying this to see if it improves room stability.
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Spidey_11 like this.
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Sorry bout that punt Gary, I was to focused on Juzzy having a jolly good spin off the track having a quiet chuckle and then boom. I can be a bit of a goober at times and for that I apologize lol.

Hope all had a decent session, definately a learning curve for me as :):):):) I get a bit nervous with the LMPs coming fast at in that middle session kinda in two minds and worried about when we might cross, gotta snap out of that and as ya say Benny as long as run our lines we'll be fine.

See ya boys during the week
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I like the idea of a team being able to change 1 car at any point in the season but once changed your team has no more options to change. This helps if someone didn't get a chance to do a lot or any testing in the car they picked.
    As you said last night Benny, an additional change after the first free hit would incur a points penalty.

We could also do it on a case by case basis if only a single team needs/wants to like in Team FCR's case. The Porsche is a dog to drive and we wouldn't be going to the fastest cars in class being the Ford or Corvette, just to another Ferrari to help with drivability.

Is there any other team or driver that would want to use this free hit to change car if it's available? Let's see the numbers.
    TheJuzzy and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries mate. It was going to take about 2 mins to fix the damage, and I didn't feel like driving around by myself all night.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

I'm happy with you making the change if needed or anyone for that matter, I agree that the Porshche is pants.

I was gonna say I thought the Ferrari lacked top end but seems on par with the Vette/Ford judging off times from youtube and I think you had it running pretty quick at Daytona didn;t ya Spidey?
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm happy for the Porsche to be swapped for the ferrari in this case however I thing this should be the only time a swap can be implemented - all other chosen cars remain as yours for the rest of this series.
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  14. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Any chance i could join?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Hey mate, very nice to see you're interested!
    We only had enough for 1 full room this season but teams need a reserve driver from round to round so we can keep you penned in if a driver can't make a race.
    If a spot comes available the team will post in the forum looking for a reserve.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i'm happy for the Porsche to be swapped for the Ferrari in the interests of being competitive & having fun
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11 and rossi0nsx like this.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Personally I think the Corvette and Ford are tops, with the Ferrari being a smoother car to keep it consistent. I haven’t driven the vette but I can see how quick it is with you blokes running it!
    Below is a comparison I did with Le Mans.

TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'm happy for the swap to happen , and yes all team's should be allowed to do this if need be . I like It's Benny's idea of a points penalty , I think it's only fair .
    Just a wondering if a fill in driver is needed for this weekend , R8Marlooman has nothing planed on the 21st and can fill in if needed.
  19. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Oh yeah , I've tuned up the Ferrari nicely , it's a bit more consistent then the Ford GT , and it's out right pace isn't that bad .
  20. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Sorry guys, hope i didnt stuff ya round too much. With long day today and longer one tomorrow as a fill in driver i thought it was best i jump as me and nige where having issues. Game sux at times. Was really looking forward to a run again with you all and felt bad for juzzy and spidey, was hoping for some useful points for there team. Hope ya all had a great race. Cheers emu