AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S15-S16

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Jul 3, 2018.

?

Leave open to public or password only?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2018.
  1. Password

25.0%
  2. Leave Open

75.0%
  1. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

So spewing my ping was playing up, I was so looking forward to having a race.
    I'll be on during the week if anyone is around for a few laps.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

bad luck mate... will put up another server today as the finale before S16
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I am surely out of all fun runs as I just cancelled with Optus as I gave them til tomorrow where they agreed to send a tech to sort this out. Now they cancelled that and rebooked it for the 9th of August so I told them to just pick their :poop: up instead and I will go for another ISP. :rolleyes:

They wouldn't give me a 4g connection until they connected my NBN, well they would but I just had to pay for it. Who knows how long that would take plus they gave me an optus sport account along with the NBN connection and that didn't work for the world cup at all so I have little faith in their capability of any sort of internet service where a 24 month contract with them seemed like a huge mistake lol.
  4. Rolz

Spewing @marty :(
    Well i’m obliged to say I’m sure my employer would love to have ur business... ;)
    Still hope you find a good RSP that will suit ur needs...
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@Rolz Final call on kind of race will this be on Monday?
  6. Rolz

I think we'll do 26laps for the final one :)
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Cool, any tyre/pit stop rules or free for all?
  8. Rolz

Will leave that to drivers... being open to public etc will just keep it simple
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Soft and soft it is! :)
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Rolz

might have to do that too... was testing med and they aren't too bad, but certainly a sec slower on average...
    just how good will the softs be? gtr is about 12 laps, but at the limit they seem to drop off by the end of the 6-7th lap for me...
  11. Rolz

Hello all, for tonight I've done a very rough guess on what cars are more popular than others so I can get numbers right.
    Basically just grabbed the top 100cars and then listed which ones were the more popular
    488 GT3 - 22% - 5 cars
    650s GT3 - 12% - 3 cars
    Porsche - 15% -3 cars
    AMG - 5% - 1 cars
    GTR - 6% - 2 cars
    Lambo - 12% - 3 cars
    Audi - 10% - 3 cars
    BMW - 18% - 4 cars
    I know @Bogor and I will want the GTR so that's the reasoning on that one... :)
    So yeah get in early to get the car you want... if I'm way off then I can reset to suit within reason, will be locked once it kicks over to Qual.
  12. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I may be late in, reserve one of the GTR's for me with my GUID ;)
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey guys. Not going to make it tonight. Have a good race.
  14. Rolz

15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Could not catch a break in the last two races, still fun though if a bit frustrating sometimes. Thanks heaps for running this @Rolz, defenitly helps learn more and gain some pace. Well done @andyo450 on the win, awesome pace. This race getting front row was key for me as the Lambo has a great launch and that’s how it went, sadly all came undone after a few laps with a combination of small mistakes from getting in my own head and a hit in to the hairpin followed by an angry driving mistake getting on the throttle just that bit too much. Highlight of the race was the pass on @jlynn777 at the end, I was 95% certain it will stop... maybe closer to 80%... maybe... couldn’t see the normal brake marker I use as your car covered it, great racing, thanks mate :)

If only the race was one lap longer @Mael :)
  16. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

That was a tough race. Congrats to @Rolz and @Mael for the podiums. Bad luck @Godzilla, you had some mighty pace here. Thanks Rolz for organising these races as well, it was good fun.

It was a pretty smooth race for me. Godzilla got me off the line which was a forgone conclusion really then lost another place to OnCompo. They were both on softs so that didn't bother me much (I was pretty confident mediums were the right tyre. The track temp was slightly higher today which helped them a bit and hurt the softs). They weren't pulling too much of a gap so all was well. GZ made a small mistake which let compo right on his tail. There was a bit of contact and GZ came off second best which allowed me to get past. He spun off a few corners later which was a relief. That Lambo was so fast down the straights. Managed to reel compo in but then he pitted which put me in the lead. Rolz was a bit under 2 secs back. The gap didn't change much from then till the end of the race. That seems pretty boring but I was feeling a bit of pressure. Trying to make sure the Mediums made it to the end while keeping Rolz at arms length was pretty tough. A few times he would pump in a low 44 which made me think he was saving tyres to have a crack at me. Pretty happy he never quite got close enough because I had nothing left towards the end.

Anyway guys thanks for the races. It was great fun.
    Bogor, Rolz, jlynn777 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I was having a great race with Mael and JLynn, until I got spun by a blue flag, I thought I was going to get around, however they hit me in the back 1/4 and I spun, losing quite a few places.
    the rest of the race was pretty lonely and I just set about getting some consistent laps in.
    Great little fun run thanks to @Rolz for setting it up.
    Here is the replay if anyone wants a copy.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z-t5v9CjlEmfVGKz80YCEWYyn-BqnNjh
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

Was only hanging on to you by my finger nails at that stage Bogor! Overall I just tried to keep the Porsche flowing through the corners avoiding all curbs, never could get a setup working for those. Got lucky enough to stay out of trouble for a podium, yeah :D
    Bogor likes this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

You were there till the end, thats not all luck. Well done
    andyo450 likes this.