Division 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Haha whoops all good
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 1 : Spa Francorchamps - 29/7/18 - 21 Laps
    - Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - Light cloud / Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]

Ok everyone, Welcome to Season 4 !
    Please take 2 mins to read through this, the first briefing is probably the most important ! There is also some added info under juzzys hot lap vid for anyone that wants some more specific track and tyre info....

All the standard stuff remains as it always had, track limits and race room etc, but just wanted to highlight that this car is much faster than any we have previously run, so please be MORE AWARE than in the past, of contact into turn 1 of lap 1. We have 3 capacity divs, so hopefully that provides some great racing. NOt to put too fin a point on it, i think we only had 2 protests over the last 3 seasons.....would like to keep it that way if we could ;)
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the massive prize draw at seasons end.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Round 1 is generally the most common where we see contact issues, particularly if we have drivers who haven't done a lot of practice. If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through Eau Rouge will see everyone get through without their night being ruined. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.
    Is a few places here where you need to remain inside track limits.
    - Eau Rouge and Raidillon are the most obvious....Cutting on the left side and straight lining consistently will result in a penalty or DSQ
    - TURN 12 (pouhon) - running wide on the right hand side....
    - Exit of 18 (fast left on back straight) - is easy to run wide there, dont make a habit of it !

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing .... Remember that if you are NOT taking tyres, adding 1L of fuel actually makes the stop faster ! Tyres will be 50/50 each race and determined by each drivers need to take new ones if needed. you may mix tyres at your stop if you wish....IE hard rears and soft fronts, however i think if you need to take tyres you would be more likely to run full softs.

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.
    'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.
    - Pit entry at Spa is tricky, make sure you dont get stuck on the wall and block the lane ! Also, there isnt a lot of road to get your speed down to 60 before the control line, do a few prac pits to make sure you get it right.
    - Exit is pretty straight forward. make sure you look for cars that are exiting T1 before you take your line into Eau Rouge.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    What date are we making for this round instead of default?
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    First line above you goose.
    TheJuzzy, Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.
  5. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    My bad. I must have just looked at the first 4 and they coincidentally match the real date....
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey
    Fancy that :laugh:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  7. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Anyone getting on tonight .
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Hi All, could somebody from each division is Season 4 ensure they send me the results of each session for Sunday's races please. I will post the ladder/standings after any protests have been resolved.
    Thanks in advance.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I’ll get them to you if stu doesn’t.
    stucar17 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if you get them would be good. Ill try to remember to get results from the dash app.
  11. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Sorry to do this boys but I can’t make the race tonight at Spa. Family dinner.
    See you round 2!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger.... @VARDZ do you want to have a run here ?
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry dudes, staying an extra night at Mt Panorama, will be there next week!
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    in a cell for going down the mountain like a maniac :)
    SUBGTRACER and beakeroo like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    hadn't planned to race tonight was going to watch the 24hr... I will send a msg for an invite I am going to race..
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I warned him! :roflmao:
    PaulCox and TheJuzzy like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job last night guys, was a pretty good race from all reports..

My night, felt a bit like a deer in the headlights after not really racing much the last few months.....
    DId a 10:3 in qual, which was as fast as i could go and it put me 6th or 7th i think so was happy with that....After the spins from the front runners and things had washed out, i was up to 5th i think, but too many errors killed my race unfortunately.

I ballsed up through Eau Rouge a couple of times and lifted to let the guys behind through, cant remember who it was...Other than that was just hotlapping again on my own wondering what may have been ....

Oh Well, on to fuji !
    TheJuzzy, Anthonyb, PaulCox and 3 others like this.
  19. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    This car is a fat piece of :):):):).
    Did everyone start with 100L?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

99 i think