GT Sport Season 4 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We will have to see what the latest update brings.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    hahaha, only 6h 30min of practice left
    will we doing four or five laps in qually @Matthyus
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    5 laps me thinks
    incey likes this.
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I wont be racing tonight I have a case of ligma....
    seth123 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Awesome more meat for the grinder!!
  8. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    @Matthyus I’ll be racing tonight, will check around 7:45-8, cheers
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Won't be racing tonight, good luck all
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hi Scott, what is your PSN.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It OK I found it sooby_scott
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 1
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
  14. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done to all, especially the podium, sounds like you had a close fight from the party chat! Don't know how you concentrate on racing an talking at the same time, fun to listen to though!

My highlights are above, I had a good fight with @Green Terror right to end!

I had no practise during the week, but the bit of time I got before meet n greet I managed to get a 2:17 that I couldn't repeat. I got that down to a low 15 pre race, but still qualified 2nd last. I end up getting a couple of low 13's in the race, i wonder what a bit of practise might have done...

After everyone qualified a couple seconds in front of me, I wasn't hopeful, but figured consistancy would be the only way to beat a few people. I somehow was keeping up with @robin edwards and @Heyagarn, though they eventually lost me, helped by my usual trick of spinning on the lap after pitting. Not sure thats overconfidence, grip seems a lot better after pitting for half a lap then tapers off after pitting. I realise some of that is because of being used to worn tyres, but some is also due to wanting to make the best of new tyres. There was only a small sliver of red wear on my tyres, but I could feel the slide a lot more, that I was having to brake earlier to avoid going off track, so I grabbed tyres when I stopped for fuel - shamelessy copying the leaders strat of pitting halfway. Terror came out of pits seconds in front of me, but oblingingly let me overtake by crashing on T2. It was interesting to try the different lines i found people were taking...though I guess the race isn't the place to be experimenting with this!

TLDR - had a great race, which is always the case when you get some close racing, well done all.
  15. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

Had the pace on you but couldn't get passed you on the last couple laps so good on you for holding your spot. I also had no practise through the week and was only doing 2:17s half an hour before the race. Didn't help either that I went to the bathroom after qually and came back to my car in the wall and 20 seconds down!
    incey and Tristan Jones like this.
  16. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Yeha i noticed that funny start and thought that might have been it...during the race i thought you had frozen but then saw you moving...what a catch up you made!!

You definately had pace on me, you were much quicker on the first half of the lap, last half i was a bit closer to you. Thanks for a great race, great self control to not dive bomb, and to avoid taking me out!
  17. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    I really enjoyed the battles with you @Joney82360, I was amazed I managed to pull away halfway through. Made rubbish mistakes and dropped back, but looking at the gap to next car, I think I would have ended up 5th anyway haha.
    incey and Tristan Jones like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    After a few laps I thought my chance of a podium was done, I had qualified 2nd to @incey and held that place for a couple of laps. @Matthyus was threatening my place and I noticed he was much quicker than me at the right angled left half way round the track so I thought if I could take that quicker I would pull away. I pushed harder there but ran off into the grass and he sailed right by me, clever of me aye?.
    A few laps later @Easyprey007 closed on me and I seemed to be able to hold the gap but he came out of the 2nd corner like he had pushed the boost button and came at me like a heat seeking missile. I covered the inside for the downhill right turn three but he got around me still. I was able to hang onto to him for a few laps and eventually managed to squeak back past him into third. As the pit window opened I was about 4 seconds back from @Matthyus and about 7 from Incey. I thought what have I got to lose and went for the no stopper. I thought it was the only chance I could claw back 2nd. After all the pit stops I had a 7 second lead and I thought Incey would come charging back and take the lead easily and I was more concerned in keeping it tidy to perhaps keep 2nd from matthyus. As it turns out I was quick enough to hold onto the lead by just over a 1/4 of a second after a thrilling chase by Incey. The result was most unexpected as this track had been my worst performance at meet and greet and a podium seemed my best chance.
    It is going to be a very close season and the mid pack battle seemed like a lot of fun too.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    incey, Matthyus, Easyprey007 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    My fault you were in the wall. Got a great jump, and didn’t realise you weren’t moving. By the time I realised, I couldn’t turn enough to get around you and cleaned you up.
    Green Terror likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    First race done!!
    Seemed like it went really smooth, aside from @Green Terror . Did I miss something broadcast there??

Qual
    My qualification times have never been flash and given the practice that I managed, I knew I was going to struggle once again.
    By my surprise I managed 4th, quite happy with that.

RACE
    I had a great start and took @Heyagarn by the first corner. As the first laps settled down and we got into our rhythm, I was very happy to be keeping up with @emmo46, with @incey not far in front. As Emmo mentioned he made a grass trip and I took 2nd from him.
    Now I was staring down the barrel of a great battle with @incey, however I just couldn't match his race pace. I was nailing 2.12 almost every lap, but so was he or just a bit faster. The gap grew to about 6s by lap 10 where I pitted, hoping to get the jump, but silly me took tyres and fuel...
    Incey pitted 1 stop later and pulled out 6s in front of me with 10 laps remaining.
    Emmo was now in first with a gap to Incey and me a fair step behind them both. With Incey trying like crazy to catch to Emmo, I just couldn't match his pace, especially with incey setting the FL in the back half of the session. As the race continued I started to lose concentration and had some minor corner slow downs, which allowed @Easyprey007 to catch up.
    I managed to hold on to 3rd though, so I'm very happy with that result!!

I must admit I thought that there would be a bit more 'traffic' to play with, but the field got spread out quite a bit. Spent a large portion of the race, just nailing the laps, instead of 'racing' others. Mistakes happen and over takes happen, but I was kind of hoping for a closer race.

Kudos to @emmo46 , @incey and ME!! :) for the win and podium finish.
    Thank you as always for the under pressure talk @incey !!! :)

Not really looking for to this weeks track as it just doesn't flow as nice as Alsace.
    See you all next week!!