Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

I have to bow out, sorry, early morning shift just came in. Not really fast either, so hopefully I'll be up to speed next week.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Bogor, Snoopy and krunch like this.
  3. Deathrowboat

Deathrowboat New Recruit

Haha Boomstik was involved in 30% of the incidents. Legend
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, that’s not something to brag about... I would expect a significant improvement
    Andrew Le likes this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Can’t complain about that first round, knew that @andyo450 was out of reach in the race so the aim was podium and @Rolz as he was damn fast and running reverse strategy to mine. @Shaun_A was a bit of an unknown as well as he’s usually way too fast... Managed to get out quickly and do a couple of traffic free laps in quali which was enough to get the front row, did improve a little in the last run but nowhere near enough to challenge andy for pole.

Race start (the second one) went prety well, tried to stick with andy initially but he started pulling away prety quick, tried not to overthink that too much and worry more about what’s behind and try to get as much a gap as possible. Couple of scary moments with passing spun cars but an ok first stint. Jumped in the pits on lap 12 and came out just in front of @mesafto, just managed to keep him behind while the hard tyres came up to temp. Didn’t feel great on the tyres at all, just no confidence to push. after Rolz pitted (much later then I expected) he was only about 3 seconds behind on much better tyres, was certainly worried there. Had a bit of bad luck with traffic which gave Rolz a good shot for a pass, though I was done there but it didn’t quiet work out. Thankfully it’s hard to pass here and I managed to just cling on to second, only half second in it over the line at the end. Will be an interesting season, that most consistent bonus point may come in very handy :)
    Anon666, andyo450, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rolz

Well I would doubtful on the Corvette as I didn't vote on it when we had it in the list for the V8's, but after a week of throwing it around I certainly was impressed at how well it sits on the road... when you have it dialled to the settings you want.

Q1 - Never know how I go in qual... always a few dark horses come out with the big guns and what I think is respectable becomes mediocre very quickly... thankfully was happy with a good solid time... pretty cool to see 4-6 basically separated by 0.001!!

R1 - first start was great, bam into 2nd after @Godzilla don't frighten me jump start :p and subsequent pileup behind him :)
    R1 - take 2, lost 2 spots because I'd left my setup apps profile on (has my restart app on screen) and fps drops it's guts with the cars on track... so turned that off (tricky driving hard and trying to move a mouse around in VR) and had to put some work in... in all honesty it proved to be really fun, this was a really tough track to pass so to get a pass was great.
    @andyo450 and Godz were just too far away and too fast to catch up so just settled into nice smooth consistent laps, was wondering when Andy was going to pit, he went in on lap 18 so looked to be on my strategy, but with mediums instead of hards... I pushed one more lap as I was now doing some consistent times and didn't know if I'd be able to do it again after pits.
    Came out of pits and was surprised I was only about 6sec behind Godz so thought we me on medium and him on hards and about 0.5sec a lap diff on those there might be a shot... I got close thanks also to a few back markers not realising blue flags, made a bit of a half arsed attempt to pass but since I'd updated my helicorsa to a new version I had to move it as it hard more info that I didn't like so wasn't used to looking in that area to see where ppl were on the track relative to me... removed and gone back to previous version... cool to finish with 0.5 behind for 3rd... certainly a measure of a good race :)

Thnx all and servers are up for Monday (I've put OSRW of Laguna Seca up on locked server), Link HERE or in first post
    ed40t, loris P., Anon666 and 6 others like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

First start was not great... lol. Expecting crew chief with his usual go go go and in the split second before that someone says something, lifted of the clutch and jumped forward. Not sure what happened after but got taken out fairly quick (probably going to slow and wheel spinning away) and then saw destruction derby ahead.
    So much tension during a race start... especially the first one of the season
    ed40t and Rolz like this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey guys, once again first race of the season was an epic of raw nerves and rusty race-craft...and that was just me!??!

Just some housekeeping, we had 2 guys forget to use different tyre compounds. We have dealt with that, but please remember for normal and enduro rounds you need to pit and use 2 different tyre compounds. Also with the headmaster of the room not racing this season (miss you Mr Marty!) we saw or heard a fair bit of chat near the end of qual and the race. Please remember that just because you have strolled past the chequered flag doesn't mean Mael and I aren't 100% focused on pulling a pitstop manoeuvre on Krunch at turn 3!!?!? A quick "well done mate" is fine, but wait a few minutes before launching into a painfully accurate description of how I missed every brake marker on laps 1-25.

Finally for those new to the league, if you find yourself at the back of the field and that dreaded blue light flashes on the top left of the screen (as you are looking at it) then it is time to find a spot on a straight to slow enough to allow the car behind to lap you. Don't panic or drive off into the weeds, just wait for a safe spot to open the door and hold your line. Also if you are in an incident and are at fault or you think you may be at fault, do a Bottas and let him back through, penalties after a race can be far worse than what you can gain but driving on.

Overall, was a good race from my end of the stick. Good battles with Krunchie and Mael, finished within a sniff of 7th...1 more lap Andrew Le...
    Andrew Le, ed40t, loris P. and 6 others like this.
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Well that was the most nervous I've been at a race start for a while. I had a pretty straightforward race (had a big moment at the final corner on lap 1 though). I got 2 good starts and managed to build a cushion to @Godzilla. The mediums were working well for me. They were just starting to drop off by a few tenths when I pitted. Came back out in clear air so I was able to take it easy on the hards until they came up to temp. I had no trouble with any of the lapped guys. Everyone chose smart spots to slow down and did it pretty quickly.

Thanks guys it was good fun
    tezpez85, marty, ed40t and 7 others like this.
  10. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Congrats to Andy (the new Marty).. its like he hasn't left haha. And GZ and ROLZ for the podiums. You guys are stupid fast.
    Few good battles with JLYNN and C4rlos, I had heaps of fun.

Looking forward to next week.
    tezpez85, jlynn777, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  11. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

more like 1 more corner.
    Fk me dead, was just minding my own business that was until 3 laps to go i see a corvette go from a speck in my rear view to fully ultra high definition 4k front end image of a corvette with stone chips all visible. Times like that i wish i was wearing heart rate monitor.
    lap 22: 100bpm
    lap 25: 146bpm (warning critical condition)
    Awesome chase man. Definitely woke me up and yeah im glad i i didnt put one foot wrong during those 4 or so laps. had i did it this report would've told a different story. Well done to Andy (wish that andy was me) Godzilla and Rolz.
    Special thanks and mention to Rolz for setups and the input throughout the week for the team. My results would also differ if it wasnt for his contribution and sure doesn't goes unnoticed. So thanks again very much appreciated.
    If anyone is interested in a POV replay of the race. Here's an onboard replay of the race. A move on team mate jlynn at the esses, some moments with shaun, Ed and anon666 making an appearance as seen in my mirrors at the 40:00ish mark.
    tezpez85, Anon666, KoAStR and 7 others like this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That’s so cool I could watch that all day...maybe I should get a rift
    c4rLo5, Andrew Le and Rolz like this.
  13. Rolz

Can’t emphasis enough how much being in the car has helped me mate :thumbsup:
    Bogor, c4rLo5, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  14. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

mate you could watch it all day. get one and you wont go to work anymore. you'll kick yourself wondering why you did not get one sooner. its definitely no gimmick. Im sure Rolz will vouch for that. Instantly you'll find how much more consistent your laps and your driving will become.
    c4rLo5, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  15. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

amen to that. not only has it helped me its saved me heaps of coin on hardware and monitors.
    c4rLo5 and Rolz like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

No chance of going back to a scren, use to stuff around with F1 games before VR, can’t do it now. Watched the vid today for the new F1 2018 and as fun as it looks it just seems weird watching a flat image
    Rolz, c4rLo5 and Andrew Le like this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'm just a noob at this Sim racing stuff, however I had to get a rift after watching a few videos of Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. There is no way I could go back to flat screens. I'll be buying ACC when it is released on Early Access, however won't be able to play until the following release when they add VR support.
    Andrew Le and Rolz like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will get a Pimax once they get released, I will get ACC day one but likely the Pimax and ACC 2nd update will be released before I get a home internet connection again so will be able to play it in VR too.
  19. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

damn that's new to me. Wasn't aware that it wouldn't arrive in the first release. Its funny i purchased Automobolista, realised it was VR ready so i uninstalled. Didn't even launch the game. The VR anti-monitor thing is real gentlemen.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]SRO live stream from Spa by M-Bimmer, on Flickr
    Andrew Le likes this.