Division 2 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Was stoked with that race, first win in a rooz series☺ Congrats to the podium and well done to the rest of the field. Looked like there were plenty of position changes throughout the race. Rossi had me off the line at the start but i just beat him into turn 1, after that just put my head down and tried to be consistant lapping in the mid 2.11's i think. Had a couple spins going into the last chicane in the second half of the race but I had a decent buffer by then and the rest is history i guess.. Well done chaps, see you next week!
    stucar17, Duncs_48, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  2. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Good job mate thought I had pole in the bag until you smashed out that 9.8
    vanzr, Duncs_48 and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Qualified 11th a full second off my pb.
    After a bit of push and shove at turn 1 nothing too bad we settled into a train I had fallen back to 13th so it was time to get my head down and push. Before I knew it I was 5th with people spinning and having small coming togethers I benefited and waited for the pit stop window pitted at end of lap 10 taking tyres and came back out in 5th next lap I was up to 2nd with @Duncs_48 not too far behind. He was slowly closing the gap and was a second or 2 off me when I ran wide at turn 18 giving second to him. (I'm sure he was going to get it anyway) he made a mistake at turn 1 but instead of capitalizing on it I followed him. Dunc made a gap which slowly grew and 3rd was where I finished.
    Congrats @vanzr on the win, FL and pole great all round effort. Now we have some to chase.
    Well done dunc on second geeat pace mate.
    Thanks everyone for a great first round looks like a interesting season ahead. Catch you on track
    Ant
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What is Eeesteeedee's ROOZ id? and what team is he in?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @kayne greenwood
    NLR
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What order did Jim, familiargt and Turbo disconnect??
  7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Turbo on 1st lap, then familiargtr then Jim
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Errr who’s doing tables @Bounty05 or @emmo46 ?

Bounty has a convo set up in psn chat for results tables I thought he must be doing them?
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Bounty will be doing them, I am just going to keep the ladder and results links updated in the header
  11. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Anthonyb, vanzr and Duncs_48 like this.
  13. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
  14. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Well done @Duncs_48 on the win and the rest of the podium, great race!
    @Bounty05 you were pretty unlucky to spin in front of me on lap 28.. Was looking to be a pretty tight finish.
    That 2nd hairpin killed any chance of me fighting for a top 3 spot, couldn't get it right and spun a few times..
    Looking forward to next weeks race, should be interesting in the wet!
    Ant_427, stucar17, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  15. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race all having a second between us all is crazy,

Took me a while to get my bearings for the first 2 laps, got a couple of punts which sent me off the track twice not to worried cause bout that though cause I think I span out all on my own a record number of times anyways.

When I could stick with someone before spinning out on my own there were a few good 'mini' battles.

Congrats all on the podium and I'm sure everyone had some good close racing at some parts of the race.
    Ant_427, vanzr, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  16. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Crazy night last night fellas. Almost like a Supercars quali with most of us covered by a second. Stoked to grab my first win, shattered I cost vanz and my self around 10secs with contact and a re-dress. Was getting real nervous when familia started to close towards the end as well. Might have to look into the hard/soft combo or sort out my incoming Tyre pressures. First season with you guys, loving it. Can’t wait for the next one.
    Cheers
    Ant_427, stucar17, vanzr and 3 others like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Nice a close across the division last night. Bounty gave me a tap on lap 2 which put me back to last. On the replay it was one of those moments where I could of give a little more room and bounty probably could of missed me but oh well that's racing. Because everyone was so close in lap times and a few small errors on my part I struggled back to 9th I think. Still had some good battles with a few of you. Great fun even with a disappointing result. On to next week. See you on track. Ant
    Ant_427, stucar17 and vanzr like this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Pretty happy with an unexpected podium was expecting a mid pack finish at best.
    For a track that I've never really liked, Fuji has always seemed to be nice to me.
    Definitely wasn't the fastest but was pretty consistent and managed to keep it straight enough to not lose out too much.
    The softs held up a lot better than I expected for the first stint.
    Pitted at the end of lap 14 for hards all round which saw me through to the end.
    The last 10 laps or so was pretty sketchy coming into turn 1 and to the chicance and by the last few laps I was bringing the car almost to a stop to keep from spinning out.
    Nice clean battling with @vanzr who managed a great overtake into turn 1. No idea how you managed to keep it turning in without spinning with the speed you were going. That was a great move. Unlucky with the spin at the chicane.. thought once you took back 3rd that you were going to run away with it.
    Made a small mistake into the 2nd sector which let @rossi0nsx through and figured I'd have to settle for 5th or 6th if @Bounty05 also got by.
    Then @vanzr and @rossi0nsx both had their own spins which allowed me back into 3rd which is were I finished.
    Great racing fellas. :thumbsup:
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Qualied in 5th which i was reasonably happy about.

Got a good start and went around the outside of T1 and picked up a spot, so was into 4th. Within about 3 or 4 laps I was up into 2nd as others in front had their own little offs. Was about 5 seconds behind Duncs in the lead and kept it like that for the next few laps as other fast guys who had spun started to catch back up.

Around lap 12 or so, coming into the final sector I had a half-lose on the penultimate corner as I touched the ripple strip, the car slid sideways but not around, so i thought I could just get going again as I was pointing in the right direction when i stopped, but it took me 2 further attempts to get going as the car kept spinning out!! By this time the rear tyres were melted and i spun again at the final hairpin with no grip, so I decided to pit. Stupidly got a 10 second penaly on entry despite having practiced the entry several times and getting it down pat.

Put the hards on the front and had reduced tyre pressures (1.39bar all round). Car felt better and stayed good the whole second stint. Pity I had lost around 20 seconds before the stop, as I had some decent pace, and instantly i was a second and half quicker. I was back down in 12th now, and gained a few more spots as others pitted. Made my was back into 7th and then had a late battle with I think it was Bounty for 6th on the road with us going side by side the main straight and me somehow pulling it up in T1 for the pass. With the penalty though I was dropped back to 7th.

Decent race, not the top 5 i had hoped for but the pace was promising. Onto the next one!!
    vanzr, Ant_427, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds like a cracker lads, well done
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.