Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

thanks marty. another month i guess wont hurt. afterall i wasn't thinking we would even get it this year so yeah. From the looks of things i dare say this is not going to have much content, butwhatever we get will no doubt be quality. fingers crossed.
  2. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey @marty ever thought about 'leasing' a line from your neighbor?
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

depends on the relationship but not a bad idea :)
    andyo450 likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Would be like making a deal with ISIS lol.
  5. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

last year when nbn was installed there was a 3 or so week wait for services to go online. so i ran a ethernet cable 2 houses up. I had quite a long cord although it fell short by a few meters. Managed to patch enough on to reach. Life saver he was. He wasn't impressed when i almost emptied his data allowance lol.
    andyo450, Bogor, marty and 2 others like this.
  6. Rolz

Morning all, don’t forget to download and test OSRW track of Laguna Seca before Monday.
    Running on Server04, noticed only 5ppl have completed a lap
    If you can’t see it, then that means you have hide tracks for content you don’t have enabled :thumbsup:
    Bogor likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry for the late post.
    The teams championship swings on which Andyo goes to - which is bolstering TTGM in Marty's absence.
    Will look to reshuffle this next season.
    [​IMG]
    andyo450, loris P., krunch and 5 others like this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Hey @Anon666 , @Rolz I'm going to have to pull out of this season. Seems like trusty old DFGT just doesn't want to work properly.
    It will randomly cut out while driving and I dont want to wreck anyone's race if it does do it.
    Sorry again
  9. Rolz

perfect excuse for an upgrade!! :D
    Door always open for when you wanna come back mate :)
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Cheers Rolz,
  11. Andrew Malcolm

Andrew Malcolm New Recruit

Sorry for the late notice but I'm out for tonights race and possible next weeks. Should be ok after that.
  12. Rolz

loris P. likes this.
  13. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Cheers for the race fellas was a bit of a steep learning curve after I found out there's no abs but I managed to get my head around it. Looking forward to the next one.
  14. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks for the race guys. Difficult twisty track in a very tricky car.
    R1: got off the line ok, and it felt like we were skating on ice around for the first lap. Ed got a good start and overtook me . I think Anon binned once or twice up the hill :confused: . Pretty much followed Ed for the rest of the race. Made a small mistake at the end when i was catching him. Finish 9th
    R2: Got a Ok start and made up some places and then had some under steer at the final turn and took out Terry. Very sorry mate!
    tezpez85, ed40t, Bogor and 1 other person like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Race one was good, tried to chase down @TheStig13 but couldn’t get through the came under a lot of pressure for @Shaun_A Though he would Gerbic me and there was some close moments, just managed to defend and keep third so happy with that.

Race two started well but got a small nudge through the fast left uphill, think it may have been @TheStig13 there, small touch but sent me in to the sand and dead last, was fun chasing people and getting back up through the fields, few hiccups here and there meant I didn’t quiet get as high as I would have liked. Well done @andyo450 on being WAY too fast again (your pre quali practice time of 1:20.945 would be the world record time going by RSR). Interesting to see points after this round, should be close from second down. Good win @Rolz in race two, reverse grid is always hard work, looked awesome though on such a tight track
    tezpez85, ed40t, Bogor and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rolz

Welcome aboard @rossi0nsx! Yeah always a good idea to do a few laps on the race servers (we run 2 for prerace-prac) so you get an idea of grip, temps and time of day and emulate that off line if you want... lots of tragics always online so u can get some races in too whilst practising :)

Q1 - Struggled all week to get a consistent lap down so glad I finally got a nice time in prac, but then couldn't match it again in qual... always get 0.3 up in first sector and then throw it away in the last, or crap first and smash out something amazing for the 2nd... AARRGH!! :mad::p
    R1 - Again so close racing and really it's only for the person in front to make a mistake to get a look in. (Bar Andy, it was good to just see positions 2-8 just in a line just smashing out the race :thumbsup: Slight small possible bingle with Ed heading up the hill to the cork screw... thought I was up far enough into there... apologies if I might not have been... didn't check replay.
    R2 - haha knew this would be full on and it certainly was... from where I was T1 was good... I think being on the inside doing a softly softly approach worked in my favour... then some good battles moving up the field... thought that's it I'll bag 2nd when I came around T5 I see Ed off to the side... :eek: initially I thought it was a back-marker coming off at that corner... get that back right wheel into the dirt and it'll spin you faster than a 50's jive bunny swing night... so yeah a gifted win there for me and an epic bad luck for Ed...

Good podiums to Andy, Stig and Godz in R1...

Will try to get new servers loaded up around lunch time :thumbsup:
    Godzilla, ed40t, rossi0nsx and 2 others like this.
  17. Rolz

Servers are up, can someone please confirm they are ok? Otherwise I'll check tonight when I get on :thumbsup:
  18. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well, what a disappointing race for me.
    After many many laps, a good setup and starting to feel comfortable in the car, I was able to get into the 1:23's.
    Now, I know this is nowhere near the front of the pack, however it was not at the back where I usually am. I was looking forward to mixing it up in the mid pack and having some nice little battles.
    Practice saw me in P15 and Qually saw me sitting at P16 out of 23. I was super stoked with this and was looking for a nice race. I managed to sneak up to P11 after a few others had some offs and lost time. I was getting some nice lap times and about 7 seconds in front of the next place. I was super excited to be doing so well for once, then for whatever reason nerves got the better of me and I spun at the Corkscrew, lost about 6 places but manged to get back in the race. Next lap I spun again at the Corkscrew and that was race over for me. I ended up 22 out of 23.

Race 2 saw me start in P2 and that was another level of stress with the entire pack breathing down my tailpipe. I went wide on turn 3 and that sent me to last place. Due to others falling off the track and me staying on for the rest of the race I managed to finish in 16th.
    Thanks all for the fun close racing, Congratulations to the Podium winners.
    Bring on next week!!
    Godzilla, ed40t, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  19. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

race server A OK.
    Rolz likes this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

All good mate, if anything it was probably my fault, i shouldnt have spun out there either!!!

Race 2 was a deliberate spin to keep you in the championship against andy. :) All tactical...

Just a thought from last night for the newer guys, during qualifying wait your turn to start a hot lap. Dont try to overtake people weaving to get their tyre temps up on the last corner to start a flyer. I smashed into someone trying to do this and wasted basically at least 2 hotlaps with damage and returning to pits.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018