Division 3 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, thanx
    PaulCox and beakeroo like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I came 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
    Dosy likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done :thumbsup:
    Dosy and beakeroo like this.
  4. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  5. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    This has bugged me since the race, and I’ll say it out loud as I’m an upfront person, and hope people will not take it the wrong way and see were I’m coming from..
    Are we sure there was a glitch or was it we changed rooms so many times people got flustered and didn’t check their strategies.. it just seems weird that we all started coming in for fuel at the same time which would point to starting with the same fuel. From there I was given the right amount of fuel I calculated in the practice and qualifying rooms.. as I made sure I had the strategy selected.
    For sure there was some graphical issues but only due to cars retiring to pits, ones that stayed out were fine on the side of the track.
    Over the past 2 seasons I’ve never seen something like this happen and it didn’t happen to the other divisions.
    I’m just not sure if people are using the fact that it happened to multiple people forgetting and saying it was a glitch.
    I guess I’m going to have to rerun as that’s the call, but I’m not happy about it and may protest by not running as I’ve seen no proof that there was or is an issue - has any testing been done to replicate? If there is an issue sure I’ll accept that and happily rerun but the rules would need amending on all divs about fuel.

TLDR
    I’m not 100% convinced there was a glitch and re running doesn’t sit with me until it’s proven.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    100% there was a glitch, we were all supposed to start with 98-100l of fuel, nobody had a pit strategy to suit the race. Some people couldn't change their fuel load for the pits as they either didn't know how to use the ICM menu whilst driving or didn't have it mapped to there setup.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey Low.... understand your frustration, however i am certain from previous seasons that the issue is from where the new room was started without qualifying. The 'glitch' is that it puts different cars on different fuel levels, so some will have the full tanks and others will be on varying levels, generally about 5-10 L difference...Let me explain....

In seasons past, before the last patch, we would have cars in both the qual sessions and also the races on different fuel levels. Some would come out in qual with low fuel and others would be generally half tanks. When the race started, those cars were again on different levels, with some having full tanks to get home and others on half. We tried all sorts of work arounds, however we couldnt find what was actually causing the issue, and this was verified on some of the different boards/forums. For this reason we had fuel OFF and all cars ran on the same level.

When the last patch hit a few months ago, it was reported that the fuel issue was fixed. I didnt race last season, so am unsure what the set up was for season 3, however, for season 4, we tested extensively and had 0 issues with the fuel levels being inconsistent, short of 1 or 2L difference between drivers. Given the room on sunday was having issues, and restarted without Qual, i would say that is why the game has thrown people out on different levels.

This is why i have asked for a rerun, as it was round 1, and the only change to what we had been doing was the room being set up without qual, in the interest of getting everyone in for a race. Moving forward i have asked all room captains to check the following, and then change the following 'IF' need be.

- check fuel levels in qual. Should have about 36L i think for the fuji round
    - Check fuel levels for the start of the race, which is seen on the ready screen in the top right corner under the fuel pump
    - IF the room has to be set up without qual, or if there is a clear difference between drivers fuel levels, then the room host will set up a fresh room with the fuel turned of...

The reason i would like for the fuel to be on, is that it adds an extra element with the car being 'heavy' and changing as the fuel comes off. Due to NON TUNE, its a simple way of mixing things up. If you want to discus further, or something doesnt make sense, just fire it at me.
    Stu
    Ad2mny, Dosy and PaulCox like this.
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    r well call it ur drop round if u dont want to run it again
  9. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i have no idea how ppl can race and change settings on the fly.....causes big problems for me
    Dosy and beakeroo like this.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I did it but I couldn't hold off Arnold whilst I did, then again I caught up with him half a lap later when he ran out of fuel :D
    Dosy, Anthonyb and PaulCox like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, its clunky when you dont know your way round the menus....needs the GTS method for pit stop options...very easy on the fly and still has all the options like fuel fill and tyre choice. Cant deny its one thing that game does very well
    Dosy and PaulCox like this.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I'm done with PCARS. Guess I just got too used to GTS. Get one of the reserves to replace me for the remainder of the season.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we have spots over at GTS if you'd prefer
  14. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Scratch me out for the rest of the season.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    A bit of a problematic room again. We got there eventually. Well done everyone, the race for podium was crazy tight. I was 6s up and cruising it for a while but a bad pit cost me dearly, I made one mistake on track for the entire 30laps that cost me 2s but the other boys were crazy fast. This is the fastest D3 I've seen here.
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb and Dash_Vanguard like this.
  16. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Congrats to podium. I was 1st after lap 3 then 12th after lap 4 and 13 sec behind 11th.:coffee:
    Blue got me after i went long on the back straight then i clipped him on the next corner and turned him round. Slowed to redress and let him past and got turned around twice in two corners trying to get out of the way. Sorry to all. Did everyone have 45.9l for the whole race?
    seowster and beakeroo like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yep had 46.9 the whole time on mine I think. I also think I clipped you when you were waiting to redress Blu as you stopped right in my way and I couldn't avoid you.
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  18. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Congratulations fudge monkey on the win and seowster on second sorry didn't congratulate you both straight after race lost all ability to hear people and talk. Never usually have much trouble with this game but last night had no force feedback in my wheel that was unsettling and the above mentioned chat function. Still enjoyed the battle well done guys look forward to next week's race.
    seowster likes this.
  19. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    @beakeroo no worries, my fault. I thought we were using fuel this season?
    @LOW_NZ i look forward to racin with you again soon. have fun
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yes we are racing with fuel burn but it was turned off due to the restart, after the second restart though due to not being able to set pit strats we left fuel off in case it left us short again (in theory it shouldn't have though as we did a 5m quali to give us a chance to set pit strats)
    Antmeg26 likes this.