Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Very happy with that round after last weeks disaster!
    My heart was pumping after a couple mins of qualy when I went to provisional pole, although as expected it didn't last long and ended up 6th.

Lost 2 places on the first lap to Rolz and Ed - Ed made a nice move into T6. Fortunately for me a couple laps later he went off at the same spot, then he was back on me. Having Ed breathing down your neck is very stressful as he's so fast and always looking for an opportunity. Luckily he was a bit too keen on kicking up dust so I managed to pull a margin...eventually. Shaun, Terry, Rolz, myself, and Ed were super close over the first couple laps which was cool. Rolz and I unintentionally swapped places and I got to have a go at Tez for a while, who was too rock solid for me. Just as I lost touch of Tez, I stumbled upon a fish-tailing Shaun at T1. Despite giving him a (accidental) hurry up, the champ was too cool for me and it wasn't long until I ended up skimming a lovely sausage kerb, went wide and gave Rolz his place back. Ended up 7th.

I wasn't expecting a full reverse grid but was pretty excited for it considering I hadn't made a proper overtake in the previous sprint. Also because I was next to Ed and was keen to try follow him through. Had a good start but a car ahead on my side of the track went in the dirt and slowed everyone down behind them - to my horror I saw Ed go from being right next to me to overtaking 6 or so cars haha! I managed to stick more or less with Rolz which was fun. There was also a lap or so where there were about 4 or 5 green TTB cars in a row snaking through the course. Towards the end I kept making mistakes, with 2 or so laps to go I stopped trying to catch Rolz and just focused on making sure I don't make a big mistake as Shaun was released and was closing in fast. About halfway through the last lap, Ed popped up right in front of me but managed to stay in-front. Very happy with 3rd. It was fun dodging carnage and a real thrill trying to catch the cars in front before the big dogs get you.

Congrats to everyone, particularly the podium getterers in the first race.... @andyo450 could do with some ballast I reckon! ;)
    Looking forward to Sebring, that track is a ripper!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    ed40t, tezpez85, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Just to add to this one, there is really no point in jumping out of the pits if there’s less time left then it takes to do an out lap. I crossed the line to start a flying lap with about 20 seconds left on the clock but that was ended by someone coming out of the pits who then didn’t make the turn for pit exit and ended up blocking me in to t2
    ed40t, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Cracker of a track Laguna Seca. I felt pretty comfortable from the first lap I did.
    Qualy went pretty well for me. I tried the SS for my first lap. It was a tiny bit scruffy in S2,3 but it was still a decent lap. I went out for 4 or so laps on the softs after and managed to go .001 faster on my last lap.

Race 1 was pretty straightforward as well after the first lap. Cold tyres were really slippery so I was focusing on getting good exits. Once they came up to temp I started to build a gap. Had a bit scare later on when @Zero05 was parked in the corkscrew. I saw the yellows and someone was stopped on the track map so I was able to avoid him.

Race 2 looked pretty intimidating from the back of the grid so I decided to take it easy off the line. It was pretty awesome looking at the guys ahead going into t3. 3 wide at least was a good effort on that small patch of road. I managed to thread my way through nicely on the first lap. I was up to 10th by lap 4 then I got caught out watching @Snoopy as he was going into the kink. Wasn't paying enough attention to where I was. Straddled the outside entry kerb and that sent me spinning towards the inside. Lost a few places from that. I got back up to 8th by the end after a few guys ahead made mistakes. Race 2 was a lot of fun anyway.

Congrats to @TheStig13 and @Godzilla for R1 podiums and @Rolz for the win in R2 and @jlynn777 on the podium. Dunno whether to say congrats or bad luck to @ed40t. Both I guess.

Bring on Sebring
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    marty, ed40t, Bogor and 3 others like this.
  5. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

A bit of carnage from the start of the second sprint in a quick vid. Sorry the camera angles seem to rotate through by themselves so there's lots of short, choppy angles :rolleyes:
    ed40t, andyo450, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Ah crap... I did push u out mate :poop::(:oops: poor form by mate :thumbsdown: really sorry... thought I'd have time to close the door but I did that way too late :cautious: @ 2:25 of video...
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Haha no worries! No harm no foul :)
    Rolz likes this.
  8. Rolz

Morning all!
    I've set a pit window from 5-18laps on the prac locked server so know what to expect for Monday :thumbsup:
    Like race1 you are expected to race with 2 different tire compounds, failure to do so will result in a penalty (yet to be determined).
    Bogor and jlynn777 like this.
  9. Rolz

Race results
    http://simresults.net/180813-f1c
    All did a tire change... :thumbsup:
    Anon it looked like u pitted before pit window opened... and so it didn't count...:eek:
    Carlos you were a few laps down, but pit window closes when the leader has done the 18laps :confused:
    andyo450 and c4rLo5 like this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@jlynn777
    My apologies, I did take you out. I had a run, but got into a wobble by clipping the inside of the curb and went straight into you. I'll take a penalty o' race overlords.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  11. tezpez85

Perhaps we can reverse Jlynn's and my positions for the table? He finished right behind me in the race
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

All good man, don’t worry about it. It messed us both up. Pretty hairy place to try an overtake though haha Think I finished where I should have anyway, unless I miraculously got passed Godzilla but my pace was average on the M’s anyway
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Fourth is about as good a result as I could expect at this track, struggled for consistency and speed all week.
    Set a decent time on my first flying lap in quali and then just couldn’t improve, up in some parts down in others, so as normal really.

Was prety happy to keep up with @Rolz and @Shaun_A in the first stint while on mediums and then on softs, thought I would have a shot at jumping one of them when I change to softs for the second stint but think I kept the mediums on for a couple of laps too long and ran out of laps in the end to challenge. A bunch of little mistakes here and there didn’t help and the out lap on softs wasn’t great at all. The @jlynn777 and @tezpez85 incident gave me a little breathing room, spent way too much time watching the mirror and the gap until then, could have been bad after my terrible out lap.

Defenitly a lot less stressful to chase @Rolz then be chased by him :)
    Well done @andyo450 @Shaun_A and @Rolz on the podium. Glad to have the last two races over with as defenitly not my best tracks...
    jlynn777, marty, Bogor and 1 other person like this.
  14. Rolz

Again this car is torturing me over the various sectors... theoretical laptimes were amazing, but in reality I couldn't put one nice lap together.

Q1 - 0.01 off my PB, I was expecting the usual names come out with the big guns... so really stoked with 3rd

R1 - My strategy this time was way different to my usual slowest tires first and fastest last... Softs for me were too brutal and if I got the heat up they took too long to go down... so with low fuel and softs I held my own with @Shaun_A and @andyo450 there for a bit... Decided to pit lap 6 to see if I could get clean air and get nice consistent laps... was doing well right until lap 12 I slid out a bit on the last corner to the start line and to drop to 3rd to recover so lost a shedload of pace... and had to be the one where Shaun came out of pits (DAMMIT!!:mad: :roflmao:) so pretty well tucked behind him for the race... my mediums were already on the wear (hindsight I should have stayed out on softs probably 2-3 laps more) then it was just keep it consistent as @Godzilla was really catching... I would say one more lap and he would have caught me...
    So congrats to Andy and Shaun!
    Stoked for a podium again! :D
    jlynn777, marty, Bogor and 1 other person like this.
  15. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Q1 - Set a time of 2:00.9 which i was happy with 7th.
    R1 - Made a good start keeping position, also with Terry, Godz and Jlynn pretty racy. Had a few very close encounters with Terry on the first lap. Once tires were up to temp I struggled on Mediums to keep up with the pack in front, -0.4ish. I think i was behind by 2-3 seconds when Terry and Jlynn were involved in contact, so made a few positions. The Mediums then started coming to me and was able to close the gap on Godz to <2 seconds who i think was getting a bit uncomfortable with his first set of tires. He pitted on L15 and tried to overcut him on L16. I came out in front, but wide in T1 and he made the pass on the inside. Softs felt pretty good but Godz was too quick on these tires and managed a 2-3 second gap till the finish line. 5th;)

Happy with the result and racing, but TBH this car is :poop:
    jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  16. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well one more race down and another happy result for myself (sort of).
    I have struggled all week to try and get some good consistent times on this track.
    I managed to get 2:03's a few times, however could not get into that range for the last few days of practice.
    I was feeling sort of defeated and just put my mind into just finishing with hopefully not being any laps down.
    For me that would be a good result.
    The starting field seemed to be down this week, which is a shame as I like seeing a big field infront of me.
    I managed to qualify in 16th which is still right at the back of the pack. I saw @squid was doing very similar times to me.
    We always seem to race each other so I was looking forward to some good tussles with him in this race.
    The start was good, I managed to avoid two cars who when off in the first few corners. I then just set my sights on Squid and tried to keep up with him.
    This proved to be a difficult task as he was pulling away every few corners. I just put my head down and worked on not sliding off outside those white lines.
    I was doing pretty slow times compared to the rest of the people in front and thought I might get blue flagged near the end.
    Lap eight saw me in P10 and I was excited, however I was feeling the softs were letting me down and with @Rolz hot on my tail near the last turn, I decided to pit and let him pass without incident.
    Coming out of the pits in P12 I set to getting some heat in the Mediums and getting some better times. I am not sure why, however I was faster on Mediums than softs.
    I managed to get past Squid at one point and was 7 seconds up and in P11 coming into the last lap, I was also not any laps down.
    As I approached T1 I just messed it up and slid left into the wall, breaking the glass, front splitter and putting big red flat spots in the tyres.
    I then saw Squid pass me and I just jumped back in to finish the final lap.
    I crossed the line in P12, my best result yet, however with a small field it was still 3rd last :)
    Thanks to all for the fun racing, Congratulations to Andy, Shaun and Rolz for your Podiums.
    jlynn777, Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  17. tezpez85

It wasn't so much an overtake as just trying to keep the pressure on and force a tighter line from you, but yeah, cocked it up with a garbage mistake :poop:
  18. Rolz

Road America track is up on Server 03/04
    Don't forget to get latest version (Road America 3.6) from first post.
    If someone could confirm it's working, or I'll do it later on tonight.
    Thanks! :D
    mesafto and Bogor like this.
  19. squid

squid Rookie

Was good racing, was pretty scary when I came out of the pits and you and someone else were right behind me. They were a terrifying couple of laps
  20. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Race server A Ok