Division 3 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Dosy

Dosy Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Doski-17
    Hi Low_NZ, that’s a shame mate. Thanks heaps for your help before the race. Hopefully catch up racing soon :D:thumbsup:
    Antmeg26 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 3 : Nurburgring GP (wet to dry) - 12/8/18 - 24 LAPS
    - Qual Time - @ 12am - (1 weather slot - RAIN)
    -
    Race Time - @ 1pm - Rain / Heavy Cloud / Clear / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race
    -
    Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys and Gal.....no protests again.. great job guys.
    Just a reminder of track limits and contact on lap 1 of our races, were some close calls last week and the run into turn 1, in the wet, could end diabolical. Trust me, get through lap 1 cleanly and you will be on for a solid result !

Some things to know and remember for the wet round.....
    - Track starts to dry from lap 10 to 12 depending on the room.
    - Look out for puddles that stay after the rain has stopped. Particularly at Turn 4 and also Turn 8, and the fast kink on the back straight. (turn 13)

- Be aware that your tyre pressures are up on the start line, so it takes a lap for them to normalise. If you go too hard on lap 1 you will overheat the rears and then spend more time spinning than going in a straight line.
    - Be careful getting off the line. The car tends to spin in 1st and second pretty easy...Wont be hard for you to spin in front of the pack if you get it wrong, or if you defend too aggressively. Again, the challange for everyone is to get through lap 1 cleanly ;)

ROOM CAPTAINS : Couple of things to look for.....

- Please check everyone has the 100L of fuel at the start of the race before you press 'ready'
    - IF you have to restart the room due to DSC or room issues, and you are NOT doing qual, then i would recommend you turn fuel burn off.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1
    : If you read the above, then its pretty simple, get through lap 1 cleanly, tyres will normalise, and you will have grip. Any contact in 1 will result in a spin, and a potential :):):):) fight, so again, use your heads and give room.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.
    Is a few places here where we will check replays, so be aware of potential penalties.
    - Through Mercedes arena (TURNS 2,3,4,5) Particularly on the exit of 5.
    - The
    exit of 11
    - And the big one is the turns 14/15 chicane. Drivers cutting here consistantly, or to gain an advantage will be penalised.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing .... The track drys between laps 9--12 so you will have to have the slicks selected in your strat.
    - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE
    "ALL" SELECTED FOR TYRE CHANGE....NOT 'recomended'
    -
    Some people were saying through the week that they dont know where their pit bay was. Make sure you have the PIT BAY INDICATOR ON, so you know where your bay is !

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.
    'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

- Pit entry, very straight forward, make sure you stay in the pit lines though....There is some bug puddles on the entry, so be aware of that so you dont spin ;)
    - Exit is pretty straight forward. make sure you look for cars that are entering T1 before you take your race line.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  3. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Congrats Blue! Great race mate, outclassed us all tonight. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with you even if I didn't got that puddle on the back straight. I'm glad we don't do that every week. Good stuff everyone, really clean good stuff beakeroo. Thanks
    Anthonyb and beakeroo like this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Cheers @Fudge_Monkey I had a bit more pace than you when we came out of the pits but heated me tyres up a bit in the 2700 attempts I made to overtake you :roflmao:
    Speaking of the pits you had me over in them yet again. What are you paying my pit crew??! :D
    I'm glad I hung on tonight and raced, I was actually spewing during most of the practice. I've caught a stomach bug from my kids and it really hot me tonight. I was just getting on to tell Anne I wouldn't race when she invited me to the lobby and the urge to race won over :p
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thats commitment mate nice.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    The wife wouldn't agree mate, I think she'd call it stupidity :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Well that was a race to forget for me qualified 2nd only to jump the start and get a drive through penalty and that was me done, Congratulations to the guys on the podium see you next week.
    SUBGTRACER, Anthonyb and beakeroo like this.
  8. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    I won't be able to make the next race. Good luck to everyone, it should be a good one.
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done guys, seems you are having some good racing..... close div with mixed results...

Also, seems there is a fuel issue that needs to be tested again tonight for the next round at Monza. I did a test last night and found the following.
    - the max fuel the merc takes is 100L
    - 28 laps around monza must fall just outside the game limits so it must read it as not having the fuel capacity to make it to the end of race
    - When i dropped it back to 25 laps it put me on 100L

Will test it again tonight and see what the limits are before it drops it back to 2 stops on fuel.....
    Would be good to do 10 min qual sessions with full room and see that everyone gets full tank on 25, 26 and 27 lap races.

Stu
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    My failure to be able to pit in a legal manner is screwing me up so bad this season. Got a 10s penalty for the second time in 3 races. Wife and kids all interrupting me constantly as my son was prank calling them and freaking them all out. Definitely one to forget.

I think the 10s penalty would have put me in 4th after Seowster and Fatmix. I've no idea what my fastest lap was, I had to go and ground the kids forever as soon as the race finished :mad:

Well done blue, I'd love to give you a close race once this season but I'm my own worst enemy.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Not sure how i go about making a protest from the start of our race. I've never made protest before so don't really know the process. I have video saved but no idea how to upload it. Any help would be good thanks.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Go and see Stu, he'll sort it out. Best done on PS messaging I'd assume
    Anthonyb and fatmix68 like this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Probably should have been sent to Stu mate, these things are sorted out behind closed doors so asshats like myself don't chip in with their opinions :laugh:
    fatmix68 and Anthonyb like this.
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You need to start a convo with myself, Gary and Stu before midnight tonight so we can get it sorted ASAP.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hoping protest will be sorted by later today guys.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Round 5 : Dubai International (Sprint) - 1/12/18 - TWILIGHT RACES
    Race 1 - 17 laps
    Race 2 - REVERSE GRID - 18 Laps - Lap 1 formation lap.
    - Qual Time - @ 4pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    -
    Race 1 Time - @ 5pm - Light cloud / Clear
    -
    Race 2 Time - @ 6pm - Medium cloud / Light Cloud

- Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - NO
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race
    -
    Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Well done last week guys..... 1 little hiccup, but other than that some good racing right through the divisions. SPRINT ROUND THIS WEEK, so make sure you understand how the race setup works for the reverse grid in race 2.
    Couple of things for the sprint round...
    - you can jump into pits to swap to hard tyres for qual if you want. Personally i have been faster staying on the softs.
    - please understand how the reverse grid works for race 2, and the process for the formation lap (see below)

ROOM CAPTAINS : Couple of things to look for.....

- Please check everyone has the same amount of fuel at the start of the race before you press 'ready'
    - IF you have to restart the room due to DSC or room issues, and you are NOT doing qual, then i would recommend you turn fuel burn off.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

RACE 2 FORMATION LAP : Race will be +1 lap, so 18 laps..... race will be set up to start with no qual, and from the green light all drivers will stop before T1 and line up in reverse order from Race 1. (DONT JUMP THE START !) Once in order, all drivers will remain in single file, and remain at about 150kph till turn 15. Once the leader is at turn 15, the lead car will slow to 100, and then control the start, with no overlap until AFTER the start / finish line.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Is pretty good here with a wide turn 1, and ample room through 2 and 3 on the run down to 4.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.

- The 3 and 4 Turns must not be cut.
    - Turn 11 kink on the inside
    - Turn 15 on exit near pit-lane entry, must not run wide.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : NOT REQUIRED FOR SPRINT ROUND

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.

'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

- Make sure you load your setup before going to track.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : NOT REQUIRED FOR SPRINT ROUND

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also, hope to have protest sorted today guys.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Has the reverse grid race been tested and confirmed that the fuel is enough? Also do we use quali or first sprint results for the grid?
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    - when i tested originally there was no issue with fuel, will check again tonight.
    - race 2 grid is set from positions from race 1, IE first from race 1 will start last and last from race 1 will lead the formation lap.
    beakeroo likes this.