Division 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Most people wouldn't be that excited about beating me, most of the guys do that regularly anyway....
    But I understand you look up to me and I am your idol, so well done. ( So not going to happen again!!):D
  2. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday roozers. Looky looky hoppys jumpin back in this sunday.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 3 : Nurburgring GP (wet to dry) - 12/8/18 - 24 LAPS
    - Qual Time - @ 12am - (1 weather slot - RAIN)
    -
    Race Time - @ 1pm - Rain / Heavy Cloud / Clear / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race
    -
    Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys and Gal.....no protests again.. great job guys.
    Just a reminder of track limits and contact on lap 1 of our races, were some close calls last week and the run into turn 1, in the wet, could end diabolical. Trust me, get through lap 1 cleanly and you will be on for a solid result !

Some things to know and remember for the wet round.....
    - Track starts to dry from lap 10 to 12 depending on the room.
    - Look out for puddles that stay after the rain has stopped. Particularly at Turn 4 and also Turn 8, and the fast kink on the back straight. (turn 13)

- Be aware that your tyre pressures are up on the start line, so it takes a lap for them to normalise. If you go too hard on lap 1 you will overheat the rears and then spend more time spinning than going in a straight line.
    - Be careful getting off the line. The car tends to spin in 1st and second pretty easy...Wont be hard for you to spin in front of the pack if you get it wrong, or if you defend too aggressively. Again, the challange for everyone is to get through lap 1 cleanly ;)

ROOM CAPTAINS : Couple of things to look for.....

- Please check everyone has the 100L of fuel at the start of the race before you press 'ready'
    - IF you have to restart the room due to DSC or room issues, and you are NOT doing qual, then i would recommend you turn fuel burn off.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1
    : If you read the above, then its pretty simple, get through lap 1 cleanly, tyres will normalise, and you will have grip. Any contact in 1 will result in a spin, and a potential :):):):) fight, so again, use your heads and give room.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.
    Is a few places here where we will check replays, so be aware of potential penalties.
    - Through Mercedes arena (TURNS 2,3,4,5) Particularly on the exit of 5.
    - The
    exit of 11
    - And the big one is the turns 14/15 chicane. Drivers cutting here consistantly, or to gain an advantage will be penalised.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing .... The track drys between laps 9--12 so you will have to have the slicks selected in your strat.
    - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE
    "ALL" SELECTED FOR TYRE CHANGE....NOT 'recomended'
    -
    Some people were saying through the week that they dont know where their pit bay was. Make sure you have the PIT BAY INDICATOR ON, so you know where your bay is !

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.
    'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

- Pit entry, very straight forward, make sure you stay in the pit lines though....There is some bug puddles on the entry, so be aware of that so you dont spin ;)
    - Exit is pretty straight forward. make sure you look for cars that are entering T1 before you take your race line.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Im out tonight guys
  5. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Well that's no good mate .
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Looks like I wont make it back either guys, had one too many Das Boots at the Bavarian so I’d only be a hazard.
    Spewing as I’ve missed 2 races I was really looking forward to, damn birthdays lol
    Spidey_11 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

Where is the championship standings pre rnd 3
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done the other night guys..... congrats to Shane on the win and Slambo and Benny for the podium. Special mention to @AOCleaner74 for pole...... must have eaten chilli for dinner !

My night...... said all week, to anyone that would listen..... 'watch for the puddles, watch for the puddles, watch for the puddles, be careful of the puddles, dont hit the puddles, watch for the puddles, watch for the puddles, watch for the puddles, be careful of the puddles, dont hit the puddles".... what do i do, hit a puddle on the back straight kink and spun myself into the grandstand, going from 5th to last..... Well done me !

Anyway, off to Monza, where should be a cracking race using the draft ....

EDIT : Also, seems there is a fuel issue that needs to be tested again tonight. I did a test last night and found the following.
    - the max fuel the merc takes is 100L
    - 28 laps around monza must fall just outside the game limits so it must read it as not having the fuel capacity to make it to the end of race
    - When i dropped it back to 25 laps it put me on 100L

Will test it again tonight and see what the limits are before it drops it back to 2 stops on fuel.....
    Would be good to do 10 min qual sessions with full room and see that everyone gets full tank on 25, 26 and 27 lap races.

Stu
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Ant_427, Spidey_11, TheJuzzy and 3 others like this.
  11. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks Stu.
    I find that if I drive anything under 95/100% I tend to have a spin ( hence first lap when I had a few seconds lead)
    Hopefully this weekend will be different....
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    and hot lap , a bit late this week .
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well would you look at that @Kart-No-1 you've already gone quicker than Juzzy's HOT lap. So I guess @stucar17 can count on you turning up this week......
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry guys, I have been in bed all day sick with flu. Don't think I will be on tonight
  16. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Get well soon mate
  17. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Suck it up big fella. I wouldnt miss a round.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    This ^
    I spewed my guts up in practice session last Sunday :sick:
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    :):):):)ing spewing, was massively looking forward to Monza after my meet and greet pace. Gutted.

At least the power’s come back on in time for the Brisbane Darts masters final :roflmao:
    garyw61 likes this.
  20. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

monza done and dusted just
    My race win had a few unexpected tecnical glitches due to my t300 wheel randomly showing the options menu mid corner and spearing me off track twice when i had a healthy lead between laps 12 and 16 i think.
    My plan was to always pit late into the race knowing 1 set of tyres would last the distance.
    After the second spin off track i knew when i pitted it would be close between slambo and myself so in the 5laps prior to pitting on lap 23 in drove at qually speed to get some more time up my sleeve and also set the f/l lap of race aswell 1.39.5 which helped me in the end get a 3second advantage on slambo when i exited pits with 2 laps remaining.
    Thanks for the race guys