DiRT DIRT Rally - Codemasters' new rally sim

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Apr 30, 2015.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Hatfield likes this.
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Peter Wise and Hatfield like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that is EPIC
    KoAStR likes this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    How epic would it be to embed the telemetry into a replay... definitely gonna do that next time I record a replay.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Over committed :eek::whistling:
    [​IMG]
    Peter Wise and Hatfield like this.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Peter Wise, c4rLo5 and Hatfield like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    This is dirt 1 not dirt 4? You play on computer or PS4? I read a dirt4 review saying don't bother, just go buy the original, better sim and less arcadey?
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This is Dirt Rally. I play on PC. Dirt Rally is the most pure sim of the lot. It came out between Dirt3 and Dirt4. I Highly recommend it. I've tried the others but don't bother with them, well not D4 but like you read it wasn't what I was looking for...
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    Tried Dirt 4 for 30 mins, felt nothing like Dirt Rally, never played it again
    Dash_Vanguard and KoAStR like this.
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    $10 on steam? Sold...

Been looking for something to use my TS300 on my computer with...
    KoAStR likes this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Is the AI any better on PC than PS4? It's a really good game but the AI just tanks through you and is on some super physics where it just plows you out of its way no matter what. It's thrown me off track so many times it's not funny.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Not sure if better on PC but certainly AI suffers from some this to some degree.
    TBH though it's only the racing against the clock that interests me for rally. Online RallyX is ok for a laugh but I don't bother with it against the AI.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sooo sweet! Noticed that in the announcement trailer :inlove:
  17. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I might finally get a first run on this tonight...any tips?...i figured i just dive in the deep end like usual...
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mate I exclusively drove the old school mini for about the first 40hrs of play.. it is so under powered compared to the rest but a good fun way to get to grips with the sim. You will definitely need a handbrake button mapped for that one... bah other tips. Set the car up early. Brake. Brake some more! Be mindful of the terrain not just the corner pace notes when judging entry speed. Start with Wales. It's more fogiving than some other locations but has alot going on to get your skills up.

R4 or group A is a good place to start in 4wd without feeling like the car is trying to kill you! But if you have a deathwish, go for the group B 4wds!

The online events are a nice rotation to. Just be mindful you get one shot, there's no restarting if you bin it.

I turn all the HUD off. You don't need it and it diztracts from the immersion. I found the FOV weird at first so have a play with that to see what suits you (cockpit view felt like back seat driving before tweaking it).

Leave graphics setting 'advanced blending' off.. it should be called 'advanced FPS hit for no visible benefit'

You can adjust the timing of pace note calls under preferences. I set mine to 'earlier'.

Enjoy.
    Woody and Tristan Jones like this.
  19. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    So I had a go of this...after 2 sessions im 2 races off finishing the first 6 sets of races.

Great fun...but g im slow! Steep learning curve, but great fun and rewarding to do. Taking fast corners well, and sliding through the apex of hairpins with just the right swing from the handbrake is an awesome feeling!~

For some reason it doesn't let me use my accelerator on my T300 pedals...i need to map brake as accelerator, and clutch as brake. Going to be fun going back to Gran Turismo after that! Also, mapping L2 overrides brake/ accel, seems to be using same input.

Be good to spend some more time on this. Of the stages that I didn't cop a 15 second reset, I only managed to get a handful of green sections so far, and no full stage less than 10 seconds behind. Most of this is finding my pace, as I will go slow and conservative, then feeling slow I will loosen up - then crash and repeat.

I take it all stages don't allow repairs?
    Woody likes this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    You've got an allotted time over the course of the rally, I think it's an hour all up. Once that's over you've got to make do with no repairs. With some practice you'll find that you don't repairs often.
    Woody and Tristan Jones like this.