Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

I think we should disallow Andy's win in the previous race as penalty for the Thrustmaster team tactic's of taking half the field out (Looking at you Anon) :p Would help keep the series interesting for Andy.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The fight for the last two podium spots will get interesting :)
    Also how weird is it to see marty’s name at the bottom there? Hopefully the internet issues will be finally resolved soon
    marty and Rolz like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im not last yet lol, missed an appointment with the NBN while I was away. They havent made another one yet but I told them ages ago I was going to be away the date they had set. Seems like they didnt get that message as they called me on the day asking why nobody is home. :oops: I even spoke to them 2 days before saying nobody will be home and to reschedule which they said they would.

Seems end of September is still my best hope as the mobile network is total :poop: here so my sim gear is just gathering dust until I get a home connection.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Balls. Balls I say.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

7. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks for the race guys. Unfortunately I'm going to drop off for the rest of this season. I'm enjoying aspects of the racing as always with raceonoz, but the chev has felt very sterile (for me at least). Mid-race i start daydreaming of other things i could be doing, so probably not a good sign o_O. Hopefully be back for next season, pending car choice.
    Cheers guys.
  8. Rolz

Congrats for the win @andyo450 and podium @tezpez85!
    Q1 - Certainly put in the effort practising this week so I was stoked it all paid off :)
    R1 - Started with Mediums and wasn't any surprise andy and tez got off to a good lead early on, though was tough to try not to over drive it to keep up... so settled down and watch the lap times... kept it consistent and only one slight day dream moment that thankfully was easy enough to recover, but it brought @Godzilla closer again... Pitted lap 22 to softs and try to get some time back... thankfully the softs with more grip later on in the race were producing better laptimes so I was able to catch tez, but andy was just too far out in front as usual, though to *only* be 7seconds behind him at the finish was pretty bloody awesome hahah :)
    Shame ur not feeling the love with the car, I must admit last nights race there was the big danger of daydreaming... empty the dishwasher after the race... ah crap! there was the break marker :roflmao:
    VIR in theory won't let you day dream as much... twists arm ;)
    Will try to get a server up when ACC early release comes out, I'm hoping it's all possible will have to wait until the 12th Sept to see... though I'll have to wait until early Oct to test due to no VR support until then.

Next week's servers are also now up... will test at lunch to confirm.
    tezpez85, Godzilla, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  9. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well I did a heap of practice during the week trying to get within a few seconds of the fast guys as I knew over 33 laps there would be a good chance of finishing 1 or 2 laps down.
    Due to family / home commitments it was looking like I would miss Qually and even start the race from pit lane.
    I managed to get on in time to start at the back of the pack so I was happy with that.
    Mediums on 98% track grip was difficult for me and I wish I had spent more time on them during the week.
    I was 6 seconds off my PB on softs and struggling to keep it on track, if I pushed any harder I was destined to spin.
    I managed to work my up to 11th with others spinning out or going off track. I got a good lead on the cars behind however I had no hope in catching those in front. I was way off pace and started to see the cars behind me gaining on me on every lap.
    I finally pitted and changed to softs, came out of the pits in 14th and just tried to hold it.
    I slipped back a place when I slid too far on a corner and slowed on the grass. I managed to gain that place again when they spun a few corners after.
    I had a great battle with Ringo last few laps and he managed to pass while applying a lot of pressure.
    Andy passed me on the last few laps and I knew I would be 1 lap down.
    With Rolz passing me I thought I would get a chance to catch up to Ringo. Managed to pass Ringo as he let Rolz pass and I got home in 13th. I think this is my best result for my career. I was still 3rd last so that is in line with my previous results :)
    Thanks to everyone for the race I enjoyed it as usual.
    I hope the rest of the line up decide to stick it out, even though it is not the best car out there, it is still great to race against such friendly and competitive group of people.
    Godzilla, tezpez85, KoAStR and 3 others like this.
  10. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I’m happy that rounds over. I just could not figure some of the corners out.

My car did not like running on 98% track grip so qually was a bit tricky. @Rolz set a great lap that after my first runs i didnt think i would be able to beat. It took some pretty decent laps to knock him off pole.

As i was sitting on the grid for the race looking around the HUD i noticed my brakes were flickering red (Bloody Fanatec). It didnt affect me much in the race, most of the laps it looks like i was only 1-2kph down on the back straight, but i was a bit annoyed at the start. I got away good and was able to open a gap to rolz on the mediums so that calmed me down a bit. Once @tezpez85 cleared rolz he started eating into my lead faster than i was comfortable with. He got the gap down to 1.1 which had me a bit worried but he pitted lap 9 or 10. Very surprised you managed to make a 1 stopper work after that so good job on 3rd. I got the softs to L17 which i think is what gave me enough of a gap over rolz at the end. Even when they were worn they had comparable speed to the mediums. The higher track grip would have also slightly helped the temps with mediums. The rest of the race i was just keeping an eye on the gap to rolz.

Wd to rolz and tezpez. Nice drives.
    tezpez85, Godzilla, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

All good Rolz, I still like AC, just not feeling the car choice at the moment. Ill be back soon.
    Excited for ACC too. Cant wait.
    Rolz likes this.
  12. tezpez85

Cheers fella, yeah, I definitely pitted too early but congrats on the win - smashed it out the park :thumbsup: Great stuff by @Rolz to hunt me down considering he only did 2 more laps on the softs than I did.
    Rolz likes this.
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Road America. Hmm great name there guys. So... its a road... in America. Wow, so American. Just like Trump! He should buy it so he can make Road America great again!

Anyway, I know the track fairly well from casual racing over the years so it was just a case of getting enough laps in with the Corvette. Basically just drive with an American accent and you'll be good :). I didn't get a lot of practice in during the week but I got enough to get the basics. Along with a good team setup I felt I could have a good race.

Q: Kept knocking out PB's so obviously I had too much room for improvement. In the end I had to settle for 8th but I knew I had left a few 10ths out there on the 'road'.

R: The first lap wasn't great. I need to make my first laps great again. Definitely don't build any more walls though cos that's where I ended up! The T3 inside wall won't stop Mexicans but it sure stopped me dead. Coming into the braking zone I thought I'd braked early enough but just ahead of me teamy Jason braked with due caution. I tried to avoid contact but just tapped his rear. He carried on OK thankfully but it was enough to throw me sideways in to a slow painful slide to the outside curb. I recovered without spinning but as those behind tried to avoid getting caught up I copped a solid tap on the left rear which booked my trip to the inside wall.

I carried on with some front bar damage but the steering and suspension were fine. The car understeered a little but was manageable. The most damage appeared to be to my race. I was now dead last with no-one in sight. However, the rest of the race actually went well and I enjoyed fighting back as best I could. I had some cool tussles along the way with Bogor and Squid but had a recovering teamy in Jlynn hunting me down also. I stuck to my plan and ran the mediums until lap 22 then jumped onto the softs.

In the last few laps I had Jlynn on my tail while I'd caught up to Jason who had run an alternate strategy and was on mediums. With the threat of Jlynn throwing it down the inside at the end of the back straight and passing us both I threw it down the inside at the end of the back straight and passed Jason instead! Jason saw me coming and gave me room as I'd kinda telegraphed my intentions halfway along the back straight in order to discourage the stalker behind. Unfortunately Jlynn's telegraph must have failed as on the last corner he and Jason collided which turned them into tiny dots in my mirror (maybe that was morse code for "oops").

So I ended up 7th which wasn't too bad but looking at the final gaps if I'd made my first lap 'great' I could have been in a fight with Shaun. Even so I had a heap of fun which just goes to show that racing on after a bad start can often be worth it.

Well done Andy for the win and nice job Rolz nabbing 2nd and Tez 3rd.
    tezpez85, Bogor, jlynn777 and 3 others like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Congrats to Andy, Rolz and Tez on the podiums. 4 from 4 for Andy, very impressive.
    A fairly good race for me, I knew @andyo450 was too fast and @Rolz was likely out of reach here as well but third could have been doable, until @tezpez85 joined the party with his unusual early stop and great pace, really though you were trying for a 2 stop given how early you stopped. Managed to just keep @Shaun_A behind during the first stint which was fairly stressful on its own, managed to get away after a mistake from him, thankful for that as let me relax a bit. Had OK pace on the softs but just not enough to catch Tez, closing a bit under a second a lap but not enough laps as always. I don't seem to do too well in enduro rounds (the nightmares of the F2004 enduro rounds still haunt me) so I'm happy enough with 4th. That fight for the podium spots is getting harder and harder...
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  16. Rolz

Well if this had happened hitting breaks T1 at VIR for real I would have been hurting right about now!! :roflmao:

[​IMG]

Bolt snapped... now to see if I can get a replacement by Monday... fingers crossed it's not a custom made one with a weird thread/diameter :confused:

[​IMG]

Fingers and toes crossed Bolt King has something :D
    andyo450, Godzilla, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  17. tezpez85

I mean there's braking hard, then there's braking HARD
    andyo450, Rolz and krunch like this.
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

If not there's always cable ties and race tape :roflmao:
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Oh Dear Rolz, you must have some strong legs!!
    Ask them for High Tensile bolts and replace them all not just the broken one :)
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    tezpez85, Rolz and jlynn777 like this.