GT Sport Season 4 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Well done to @xlxy90 what a debut into Div 1 for you.

Race 1 was good for me. Race 2 well all I can say is sorry to whoever got caught up in my mistake. I was trying to leave room on the inside and I went wide and bounced off the wall in to the path of others.

See you all in a few weeks off for the the next 2 rounds at least.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I managed to get home just in time to get 2 laps in for qualifying which helped me get last on the grid lol

The field was close at this track and it made it hard to get away from someone and it was also easy to get held up by an incident ahead allowing those behind to capitalise.

I had many battles up and down the grid but tried to keep my nose clean (which I succeeded in doing mostly) and ended up with a pair of 8th places.

What I didn't enjoy seeing was those little taps that unsettle the car followed by an un-reddressed pass.

I haven't received any protests yet, but I would like to remind everyone to remember to show respect to all other drivers on the grid.

@xlxy90 congrats on your first race/round win in division 1. @KeedenMcdonald was very upset
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    xlxy90 and Hatfield like this.
  5. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    i see what you did there...
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it's funny, because you saw it before I did. #unintentionalpun
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Well, that was a debut to remember.
    CAB77 likes this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Had a blast racing in the sprint round, mad fun. Double podium for myself which is a new best result in Div 1, happy with that!
    Overtakes galore and some fantastic battles, highlighted here in this race video I made.
    Cheers
    Motors560, Viperzed, Noremac and 5 others like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Motors560 could I please ask for your opinion on your move into T1 at 13:40 in the video above?
    At the time I felt pretty hard done by getting a car in the door as it resulted in me going from 3rd to 8th lol
    Don't get me wrong, I had some good hard battles during the round and I don't think I deserved anymore than I got, but I was just wondering what your thoughts were :)
    CaptainRisky21, xlxy90 and Noremac like this.
  10. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That corner was a sh*tfight at that time LOL, too many cars jostling for position.
    I went from 1st to 4th and ultimately allowed xlxy to get away at the front.
    In a car of this speed and this style, close racing is what we are gonna get, which is fantastic fun, and a lot of bumping will happen as a result, kept to a limit obviously ;)
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Looks like a combo of trying to outbreak @Noremac and getting caught out by the bump on the inside. I found that the more offline you were in that corner the worse the bump affected the car. I'm not home right now to have a look at it but from the video above probably my fault. Just one of those things when you have so many cars that close together things like that can happen.
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 4 : Tsukuba Circuit - 44 laps - Sunset 17:20 Sunny - 19/8 (Retro Round)
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The FINAL TURN green run off on the outside of the circuit is out of bounds if you have all 4 wheels on it. You should have 2 WHEELS on the ripple strip at least, which allows the other 2 wheels to be on the green run off

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    BEWARE: If you don't slow down enough on pit entry, instead of the game taking over the pitstop process, you will be spat out the other side
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : Show off your retro liveries! I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    SAR Retro livery that myself and @CAB77 will be using on sunday. Little history as well in the video below if anyones interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Was last to qualifying and put in another stellar lap for last lol

Got away well to get passed @Bryan_F and set about saving fuel with minimal mistakes.
    @Captain_Risky_21 & @Knuckles tripped over each other and I moved up 2 more positions.
    Risky caught me and I made my only off track error but it was minor enough to hold position, but a side-by-side battle with risky began until I overtook just before the final hairpin braking zone.
    This held him up though and I looked behind on the straight to see him 3 wide with bryan and knuckles
    Knuckles then began to hunt me down and I held him at bay.
    @razor4797 pitted and @Motors560 binned it to put me up to 6th and Knucks was all over me for the final half of the race, and we finished .1 apart
    Knuckles and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Lets never do this track again?
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Couldnt put a quali lap in to save myself, had way gooderer pace than where i started. And then risky happened. Took alot for me not to keep going cause i definitely could have. Did how ever actually enjoy the race. Battles with bryan risky early and then there was the widehat on that track, tried everything. Worth a watch if you have time, its only the last 20 laps.
    CaptainRisky21, Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    11. Motors (DNF)
    [​IMG]
    Motors 1:00.089
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Managed to quali in 3rd. Set a PB by 2 tenths when it counted!

Swapped out the SFR for a rocket ship for the race start and jumped Mint and almost had Keedy by T1! After holding behind Beau for the first 3 corners, it was his usual boring race of walking away from the rest of us mere mortals. Mint was stuck behind me for what seemed like an eternity, no more than 1 second behind. He managed an overtake to nab second, so i settled with 3rd and just conserved some fuel to make it to the end comfortably.
  19. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Making a pitstop in that race was probably one of my dumbest decisions I've done in a while...
    I deadset lost over 15 seconds and threw away what looked like a sure 6th place finish.
    Disappointed to say the least
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 5 : Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop - 40 laps - Twilight 18:00 Sunny - 26/8 (Endurance Night Round)
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT
    If you want to organise an earlier start time, all drivers must agree. If one driver if your division cannot make an earlier start time, then the above will stand firm

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The only place track limits can be extended for a gain is the T1 hairpin on the inside.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone which results in them hitting the wall, you shouldn't be passing them on the next section of straight

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !