Division 3 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Righto, thought as much but confirmed.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    seowster likes this.
  3. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Any chance of getting a run tonight @stucar17 if there is a spare spot thanks?
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well, that was :):):):)ing terrible on my behalf, got myself a jump start penalty in the first race and then got caught up in some really rough defending from someone at the back which killed my race and I'm not one for getting annoyed with other drivers usually but tbh a couple of guys here need to learn to not pull straight out into oncoming traffic in and right after turns just because they stacked it. Happened twice in that last race, one caught me head on around turn one (I apologize for calling you out at the time, I was annoyed with you and myself) the other who should definitely know better because I've raced here with him back in my last stint a couple of years back made it very difficult for myself and metal to get past we both had to leave the track at high speed right after a very fast exit. I'm amazed neither of us spun out.
    One to forget for me which is frustrating as I was getting 28's in the week with some D1/D2 boys.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Antmeg26, Dosy and seowster like this.
  5. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Once again do a good quali time get on front row and stuff it up by jumping the start and coping a drive through penalty and race 1 just got worse from there don't know about anyone else but i struggled for rear end grip was just constantly spinning out apologies to anyone I took out in one of my many spins thought i must have cooked tyres trying to catch the race pack but both rear tyres were still in the green i made some brake bias adjustments but did not work it just handled like a pig. Race 2 on the other hand car was perfect had a good battle with antmeg with keeping the pressure up for most of the race. Not sure who won the round overall but Congratulations to whoever that was.
    Antmeg26, Dosy, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Seowster had a 1st and 3rd. I think the round goes to him.
    Antmeg26, Dosy and seowster like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Did you notice when you did brake adjustments where the bias was to start with?
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Fat and I had a very similar race, both qualified fast and both penalized off the line with drive throughs and followed eachother for most of the race. I think we both chewed our tyres up early on trying to gain time which we were for a while before the tyres hit back. My brake settings were fine, I didn't see the stable/loose glitch.
    Antmeg26, Dosy and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    I just wanted to thank the Rooz racers for another night of entertainment, particularly to @anne for hosting as without a host I don’t have fun.:thumbsup:
    Qualifying was close apart from @Blue XR8 who was well ahead:thumbsup:. I quailed 6th on soft slicks all round and was happy with my time. I got off the start well, blasted down the inside for corner one and realised I was too fast and was going to skittle the front of the field. (that would be great after last week:roflmao:) I dived to the inside and somehow spun all on the inside without re-entering the track during my off. So as usual I ended up 10 seconds behind second last on the first lap. Came round to pits and saw @beakeroo and @fatmix68 in the pits and thought the 'hards' must be the way to go, what have I got to lose, so pitted end of lap two, overshot my pit crew, “crunched” gears trying to find reverse (smacked buttons set up for reverse?), screamed backwards in pits (Is that legal?) ran over two pit crew (they were busy looking the wrong way), came out of pits almost 1 minute behind first. Felt like I was driving on ice. Race 1 gone. Chatted with @Dosy after race he said “Why you pitting? It was only a 17 lap race!” My response “They did!” … Good question in hindsight as it appears the others were serving drive throughs.:cry:

As I finished last I had to control the start for Race 2. I did not read @stucar17 instructions about the restart (who does? As no one is planning to finish last!), therefore received all the instructions on lap 1 of 18. Someone said “Stick to 150kph!” .. I am calculating what that is imperial, while trying not to brake test @fatmix68 . Someone else says “up to corner 15”. I am thinking no track map on my wheel, I gotta get better organised, and this is too serious. Then someone says “100 from the last corner to start finish then flat”. I'm thinking I can do that! ....Round the last corner up to 90, 95, 96, look in mirror @fatmix68 has dropped off, then realise “:poop:” I am imperial..., throttle off...., “:poop::poop:” too much, here comes fat...., there goes the start finish, floor it! SOOOOO... sorry for the start racers. @fatmix68 passed me after I made a mistake early on, I surprising stuck with fat until lap 16 then spun and still finished second.
    On to next week....., Noooo!… father’s day bye…. I get father’s day every Sunday night!.
    “Remember racers, when nothing goes right………….. Stay left!”
    Antmeg26
    fatmix68, stucar17, Dosy and 2 others like this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :cry:
    Antmeg26 and beakeroo like this.
  11. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Think i started race on 53 ,I just think i overcook tyres going to hard to catch up adjustments either way did not seem to do anything.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    There's a bug where you start on 60 which indicates that your setup is on stable and not loose.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Go into options, click on controls, click calibrate pedals and then press all of your pedals one at a time fully down and end the calibration.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sound pretty right to me. How much throttle do you need with you daily drive to hit red line when pressing the accelerator when not in gear.
  15. Anthonyb

A free reving engine (with no load/not driving) will redline with a blip of the throttle very easily. Just like if you hold 1/4 throttle in first or second gear driving it will redline also.
    fatmix68 likes this.
  16. Anthonyb

Never a stupid question more stupid if you dont ask
    stucar17 and fatmix68 like this.
  17. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Did freddyp_33 fill in for anybody? I didnt add him to the results tables, is that ok?
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I think he was just on a fun run
    Antmeg26 likes this.
  20. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I just got back from holidays & thought I would go for a run, can't race this week but hopefully can make it on a couple of weeks. Definitely not worth adding me to the table!!
    Antmeg26 likes this.