GT-Sport [Completed] RACEONOZ 3 Heures du Mans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 10, 2018.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    All good
  2. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
    Easiest thing to point to overseas connections around here, I guess. Enjoyed what was left of a race, nonetheless.

Thanks all.
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  3. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, that was tough.

Had a couple of wheel issues where it seemed to disconnect twice around the hour mark. Was pretty happy to get my fastest lap to within what I think was 7 seconds of the fastest lap of the race. Considering my qually lap was 19 seconds off the pace, and not knowing what the fastest lap in the other room was, I’m pretty stoked really.

Have they taken Blue Flags out of this game? Because I didn’t see any and the first few leaders that came through caught me by surprise. I apologise if I tripped anyone up.

And thanks to hat for the livery. I enjoyed looking at your car before the race and still seeing Better Still Racing on the rear bumper
  4. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Tough race again but love these 3h hour events, again thanks to jono for the event. Thrilled with the victory had hat keeping me honest for a bit which was good massive congrats to everyone in room 2 for staying around to the end even to backmarkers well done everyone
    JonoStan96, Jcp, ItzRacing95 and 2 others like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Rather enjoyed part 1 of the 6 Heures du Mans, can't wait for part 2 next week/week after/whenever.
    Suspect @FILO and @Storm_SP17 wouldn't mind changing cars though lol.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

Now, before it gets said.... Qualifying had ZERO INTERNET ISSUES, and guess who turned up? All the same people who joined lobby one. I sincerely hope you bear that piece of proven FACT before we talk about why Jono had GTS troubles today. Correction: a bit of lag, but nobody seemed to be completely locked out of the lobbies for Quali, which is what I see as an proper issue.

It did really suck hard that Jono didn't race and should absolutely hold an official race later in the month with him in it, but for the people that asked to postpone, be aware that its selfish to deny half the field a race they postponed real life things for... Jono understood this, he's no fool. It's admirable that you acknowledge his work as organiser enough you'd postpone the race for him... but yeah, keep in mind that AS organiser there's nothing to say he can't just magic up the event when he DOESN'T have those issues with GT Servers.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    StigsTC, JonoStan96 and NAACS like this.
  7. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88

o_Oo_Oo_O What you talkin bout Willis?
    seth123, Toranafan-02 and ItzRacing95 like this.
  8. ItzRacing95

ItzRacing95 Rookie

[​IMG]
    seth123 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  9. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Well done @JonoStan96 and your crew of testers on another really enjoyable enduro race. I found a few extra seconds pace in the lead up thanks to @Viperzed helping out with tuning. I knew my pace would be a fair way off the front runnners so was just going for consistency with times.
    Battled with @Tristan Jones for a few laps but i really had to nail the back half of the lap to get close then just get blown away on the straights.
    Managed to rope my cousin in for a couple of stints and make it bit more fun on the night. 1st pitstop came around and him climbing into my rig aka office chair he knocked buttons and cancelled the refuelling. That made his stint quite a bit shorter than would have been. With jonesy disappearing into the distance our attention turned to @Jurassic Mark closing in rapidly. Pressure got to my inexperienced co-driver and a few inconsistent laps we dropped behind.
    Sorry to @Toranafan-02 for contact and any other leaders we held up. Closing speed is rapid and like others said there were no blue flags.
    Next stint went much better with me punching consistent 27s. Fought back past pepsi and managed to build a nice gap in preparation for the last driver change. Pulled some time off jonesy but he was long gone.
    Last stint went pretty well with my partner getting more consistent and putting down a few 34s and holding off pepsi.
    Well done torana with the win and good job poduim.
    Thanks again to jono for the effort that goes into these events. Keep them coming.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not you don't worry, just things that lead to me falling into your hands lol. Good race tho
    Tristan Jones and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

@JonoStan96 if you'll be doing another 3H at a later date, can you reopen the car choice for myself and FILO? I know that Stigs didn't have the most consistent race and pace wise FILO got the Nissan to work somewhat, but over a minute behind Stigs confirms our fears on the GT-R LM my man.

I'd opt for the last Peugeot 908 spot if possible please.

Alternatively, would you promote one of the Lobby 2 boys into Lobby one and I'll take a Lobby 2 slot, if choices are still locked?
    JonoStan96 and FILO like this.
  12. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Just realised I forgot to thank Jono for getting this setup and giving me that final nudge to sign up. Sounds like his night wasn’t that enjoyable based on posts above, and I hope that doesn’t deter him from holding future events. With whatever issues he had last night, and some of the complaining I saw in the lead up, I could understand if he never wanted to do this again.
    razor4797, Hatfield, grassies and 2 others like this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Not since the 2016 GTPES Bathurst 12 Hour cancellation have I been more disappointed after(?) a race. That was an event where I spent roughly $450 flying up to @MINT_GTR’s home in Brisbane to contest the race against the best in the world in a boat like GT-R. However such was the extent of the server issues that the whole event was thrown into disarray and the event was cancelled, and never resumed despite a second attempt about a month later. A worldwide event curtailed due to issues beyond anyone’s control. A major catastrophe for online racing on Gran Turismo and overall a complete embarrassment.

Last night hurts a lot, to not be able to race in an event you’ve put so much aside for is gut wrenching beyond belief. I’m glad though it seems everyone enjoyed it and had a good race. What happened after I left Room 1 was out of my control (not that anything was in control in the first place), all I’ll say is well done @StigsTC and @Toranafan-02 on their wins respectively.

I’ve had numerous messages asking if there is going to be a second one of these, mostly from the haemorraged first room, and I’m happy to set up a re run for next Saturday (one room capped at 16) with revised rules and settings. If the demand is there we’ll do it. I don’t have time to go through details atm (Father’s Day formalities) but I’ll have a thread opened later on. Only details I’ll divulge now is everyone is allowed to select a new car, but if someone wants to go again in their original car, they’ll keep it. So I suggest preferencing 3 cars, just don’t for the love of god pick an LM Nismo. The event is capped at 16 as I said and you’ll lose original choice privilege if you are not one of the first 16. Don’t post here, I’ll have a thread open later today.

Cheers guys and thanks again
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeh stick me in for my car again
  15. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    And this is what will separate these events from the tragedy of the gruesome death GTPES suffered.
    @FILO @Storm_SP17
    seth123 likes this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Here at raceonoz we’re for the people
    Randm90 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If I’m available, I don’t mind hosting but won’t be driving. Would you like a safety car formation lap?
    xlxy90 likes this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Commentate
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    A Live stream would be pretty hype...
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    If I could work out how to do that, I'd be hella keen to run it.